• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I can't imagine a situation where I would be anymore in the moment and fully absorbed than when falling through the sky toward the earth. Almost as if my entire existence was the fall and that there was nothing before it.

QueerMelancholy

QueerMelancholy

Mage
Jul 29, 2023
I've experienced falling but not falling to my death or near death.

I think my opinion on it is that people jump to their deaths and can still feel regret as they're falling but the before the act of jumping I am assuming that even the base awareness that they would regret the "choice" to jump after they did it is smaller in relation to the reasoning that caused them to jump in the first place.

At least I would think that would make the most sense to me. Weigh the chance of feeling regret as you are falling against everything else you are jumping away from to escape.

Reactions: tary and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I've experienced falling but not falling to my death or near death.

I think my opinion on it is that people jump to their deaths and can still feel regret as they're falling but the before the act of jumping I am assuming that even the base awareness that they would regret the "choice" to jump after they did it is smaller in relation to the reasoning that caused them to jump in the first place.

At least I would think that would make the most sense to me. Weigh the chance of feeling regret as you are falling against everything else you are jumping away from to escape.
Jumping away from everything. Jumping toward everything else

Reactions: maneose and tary
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I doubt the brain has time to process anything other than the shock of about to die.

Unless you fell from a plane or something, you'd hit the ground in a few seconds.

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I doubt the brain has time to process anything other than the shock of about to die.

Unless you fell from a plane or something, you'd hit the ground in a few seconds.
How long would it take for benzos and alcohol to kick in?

Hey do you know if the pharmacist who filled it would be notified or get in trouble (seems silly)? The name is on the pill bottle. And the prescribing doctor's name is on it too.

Last edited:
tary

tary

Experienced
Jul 3, 2022
I clearly remember flying over the handlebars of my bike a couple of times and having just enough time to think "Oh fuck, well, at least I'm not going to hit my head" before hitting the ground.

Reactions: QueerMelancholy and Ambivalent1
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I have seen interviews with people who survived a jump to say they regretted it the moment they jumped. I expect that's fear kicking in though and SI.

Logically, I feel like a lot of the time that death is my best option. But, if I were in a life threatening situation, I feel it's very possible adrenaline, fear etc. would make me want to try and save myself. Not sure if there would be the space to regret stuff in life but I guess that's also possible. It's our last chance to do it I guess.

What I find more interesting is the figures/ statement that such a small percentage of people who attempt suicide and fail actually go on to die from another suicide attempt. I don't know if I really believe them.

Still- if it's true- why? Did it really shock their whole body into wanting to live? Or, was it just too scary to put themselves through it again? Maybe they finally got the support they needed in life. Who knows? Maybe they just continued feeling suicidal without actually doing it.

I suppose I try to reassure myself that- if I ever muster the courage to do it and if there is pain, fear and regret, hopefully they won't last long at least. Ultimately, I suppose I compare that to what I might very well go through if I remain alive and age, deteriorate in health, have increasing financial worries. I have a feeling the fear of continuing to live will hopefully one day be enough to outweigh that of dying.

Reactions: Ambivalent1 and tary
redeeming_butterfly

redeeming_butterfly

Life is no more beautiful than its cruelest suffer
May 15, 2024
There is a quote from a film:
"This is the story of a man who falls from the 50th floor of a tower block. As he falls, he repeats over and over again to calm himself down: 'Up to here it went quite well, up to here it went quite well, up to here it went quite well...'. But it's not the fall that's important, it's the landing!"

I can't imagine that any other thoughts would be going through my head than this.
I can't imagine that regret exists because I undoubtedly want to die. Perhaps regret is noticeable in people who were not 100% ready to die.
For me, it would be all about the fear of landing, I guess.

NoLoveNoHope

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
I've jumped in my dreams before. I felt an intense anxiety when I didn't feel myself land immediately after and fear from the realization I was in free fall. Rather than regret ("I shouldn't of jumped") I felt an intense desire to be back on ground and not actively falling.

It's probably different in real life, I would assume you'd have much more buildup and wouldn't have the realization of the significance of your decision mid-air. I think SI would work the same way but be stronger in real life due to being more aware of everything.