M

metothemoon

Feb 11, 2024
Sometimes I feel like a fraud for being suicidal, wanting to die, but not really comitting to do a "full" attempt.
I did play around with some meds, tried suffocation and for now I am leaning towards partial hanging (but have a hard time finding the sweet spot).

Part of me just wants to attempt, but I just keep fooling around because I am scared…

So whats the difference between a real attemped and just trying bits and pieces?

Reactions: wren-briar and dune_dweller
dune_dweller

dune_dweller

Puella Aeternus
Sep 6, 2024
Ever hear of the term "hesitation marks"?

I guess it was technically coined by Trent Reznor to represent the superficial wounds one creates when contemplating/trying to slit one's own wrists.

It's perfectly normal to see how far you can push yourself to get to that state beyond your SI kicking in without actually following through.

It's also perfectly normal to have doubts and be hesitant about full-blown attempting.

Suicide is a big deal; it's not something you can attempt as casually as making a grilled cheese sandwich.

Reactions: Ariii, wCvML2, wren-briar and 2 others
-nobodyknows-

-nobodyknows-

Experienced
Jun 16, 2024
I have trouble understanding this because I don't really have SI; to me every attempt is a "serious attempt". Though I guess there is a bit of a difference between jumping on an opportunity and planning something out

Reactions: wren-briar
SatedImpulse

SatedImpulse

Apr 3, 2024
Sometimes I feel like a fraud for being suicidal, wanting to die, but not really comitting to do a "full" attempt.
I did play around with some meds, tried suffocation and for now I am leaning towards partial hanging (but have a hard time finding the sweet spot).

Part of me just wants to attempt, but I just keep fooling around because I am scared…

So whats the difference between a real attemped and just trying bits and pieces?
imo if you put yourself into a position where the only thing that can save yourself is SI, it's real. There might come a day where you aren't scared at all and you don't feel like fooling around about it. I hope that doesn't happen