"I rather accept the cold, hard truth than believe a comforting lie."
-carl sagan

• Hugs
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy, Lost Magic, psp3000 and 2 others
DazaiKinnie

DazaiKinnie

Cringe Isekai Author
Apr 27, 2023
Well, I had taken a bite but didn't chew until recently. Like I knew but chose to ignore everything like a fool.

• Love
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy, pthnrdnojvsc, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I really love the question, but thinking about it, I have absolutely no idea when I realized that this world truly sucks. I think it kind of came into focus over time, bit by bit, one horrendous story in the world after another, multitudes of death of family and friends, disappointment after disappointment, failure upon failure, lie after lie, blow by blow.

• Aww..
Reactions: Hollowman, dialogos and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I really love the question, but thinking about it, I have absolutely no idea when I realized that this world truly sucks. I think it kind of came into focus over time, bit by bit, one horrendous story in the world after another, multitudes of death of family and friends, disappointment after disappointment, failure upon failure, lie after lie, blow by blow.
A slow mulling over as the fruit is being chewed. Realization after realization coming into focus.

Reactions: venin
B

Bluebunnysky

Jan 15, 2023
I started getting bullied and ostracized in elementary school for being gay; That's what started my negative worldview perception. My first relationship was with a narcissist as well which was hard to get through and walk away from but I did and I'm proud of myself for that

venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
My first Major Depressive Episode. Shortly I became an atheist and then everything fell down like in a game of domino.

Somehow I think I always knew, deep down. Sometimes reality is just too inhumanely cruel or painful to acknowledge. That's one of the reasons so many people are in denial.
That's why so many people are so religious. They need something to cling to in order to survive. That's why religion is called "the opium of the masses".

Not so many people have the balls or bad luck to see life for what it really is, entirely.
I think most of them are lucky enough that their bubble of illusions and denial never pops and can live and die peacefully even though they lived a lie.

Sorry for digressing 🙏🏼
I started getting bullied and ostracized in elementary school for being gay; That's what started my negative worldview perception. My first relationship was with a narcissist as well which was hard to get through and walk away from but I did and I'm proud of myself for that
Sorry to hear that. I grew up in a narcissistic family. You really should be proud 🤗

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Existence was never something good in the first place and I've never believed in that insensitive delusion, existence was always a burden I was forced to endure, it just so unnecessarily causes harm.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I guess I learnt about the precariousness of life via lots of deaths in the family early on- age 3. Then, I got a lesson in narcissistic behaviour. I developed a cynical mind with regards to society pretty early on too. Not so sure where that came from. By age 10 though, I'd worked out how shit this life can be! How about you?

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I guess I learnt about the precariousness of life via lots of deaths in the family early on- age 3. Then, I got a lesson in narcissistic behaviour. I developed a cynical mind with regards to society pretty early on too. Not so sure where that came from. By age 10 though, I'd worked out how shit this life can be! How about you?
From the beginning

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
When i started high school

B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
-carl sagan
I was forced into a situation outside of my control where humanity could show me whether it was good or not, a last chance if you will. Despite all the abuses of life I managed to overcome it unfortunately... The answer is that the world is pretty shit. I see no redeeming qualities.

Reactions: jusbug and Ambivalent1
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
-carl sagan
life , consciousness, pain , suffering , existence, this world , this animal body : They all get worse and worse the more I research and think and reason about these things.

Reactions: Ambivalent1
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
My childhood innocence was lost at the age of 5 when my grandparents passed away. I had what is essentialy a kid version of an existential crisis. I realized that life is tragic more than it is happy. Followed by severe bullying at school.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ApparentlyNot
ANONYMOUSM

ANONYMOUSM

Aug 5, 2023
I dont know when exactly but I remember how my mom and dad used to get in a lot of fights and each of them would end up with my mom screaming that she was going to leave me with my dad and ship me back to my dad's country

• Aww..
dialogos

dialogos

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
When my dad beat me so much as a child that because of the pain, I was forced to become self aware at too young an age. Even if I didn't have the words, my first thoughts and self aware feelings were "what is this hellhole and why is that monster hurting me? I don't want to be here!" It was so strange and alien to me.

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy, Eternal🌈Rainbow, ANONYMOUSM and 2 others
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
When my dad beat me so much as a child that because of the pain, I was forced to become self aware at too young an age. Even if I didn't have the words, my first thoughts and self aware feelings were "what is this hellhole and why is that monster hurting me? I don't want to be here!" It was so strange and alien to me.
Same feelings I had. Being born into hell. ctb should be easy. We'd be escaping this hell. But it'd be easier if death was a better place and not just a void. Seems sad

• Hugs
Reactions: dialogos
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
After taking a lot of Lsd when I was a teen.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I think you would like this poem by, Charles Bukowski, entitled The Crunch If you haven't already that is.