Not an attempt of CTBing. Just a serious thought

• Since I have memory

• Since I was a child (5-10 years old)

• Since I was 10-14 years old

• Since I was a teenager (15-20 years old)

• +20 years old

• +30 years old

• +40 years old

• +50 years old

• +60 years old

• More

Results are only viewable after voting.
Busoccupant

Busoccupant

Aug 18, 2020
In my case when I was 16 years old. More than a decade with this in my head...

BehindTheWall

BehindTheWall

May 21th 2020
Aug 26, 2020
I was 15 years old. I tried to hang myself to a tree but failed.

Reactions: canihavepeaceforonce, Busoccupant and LifeSucks39
Mustkeyknow

Mustkeyknow

Experienced
Feb 8, 2020
I thought about it vaguely when I was like 16, but last year it was when I tried for the first time. (32)

Reactions: Busoccupant
NationalistKorean

NationalistKorean

A phantom depressed being
Aug 26, 2020
Considered cbt my entire life but the first attempt obviously failed. It was drowning I realized that day that I was a very good swimmer and that SI sucks. I think I was like 11.

Reactions: canihavepeaceforonce and Busoccupant
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
14 (though) and 18 or 19 (attempt)

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Busoccupant
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
for me that age would be around 8 years old. My dad LOVED using me as a punching bag, human body to toss around whenever he got mad, which was like once an hour. When I was 8, I already knew that I was NOT supposed to be on this rock of a planet. I dreamed of getting off this planet anyway I could. Never figured it out as far as i have a older brother and a younger sister and he never once laid a hand on them. Tha t is why now at the young age of 64, I LOVE everybody period. That goes for double for all the great friends on this website. P.S. Never went to my dads funeral and never would have.

• Hugs
Reactions: Busoccupant, softfuzzyman and degeneratewaste
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
I swallowed a ton of pills when I was in high school. I woke up in a hospital three days later. I was around 15 at the time. I haven't had a serious attempt since then.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I was 11 or 12 when it first started.

Reactions: cassie and softfuzzyman
softfuzzyman

softfuzzyman

Rot
Aug 17, 2020
had concrete thoughts since i was about 8 or 9, but vaguely so even before then too and just very depressed through my entire memory. 24 now and i feel a million years old. So exhausted and already intensely disillusioned on the whole "it gets better" thing, i believe that drastically less every year

• Hugs
Reactions: Busoccupant, NoneMoreNegative, Eren and 1 other person
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
So exhausted and already intensely disillusioned on the whole "it gets better" thing, i believe that drastically less every year
That and "it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem!" :meh:

Reactions: Busoccupant, NoneMoreNegative and softfuzzyman
Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
had concrete thoughts since i was about 8 or 9, but vaguely so even before then too and just very depressed through my entire memory. 24 now and i feel a million years old. So exhausted and already intensely disillusioned on the whole "it gets better" thing, i believe that drastically less every year

with 8/9 years old it is really early, it is very sad, sorry.

• Love
Reactions: Busoccupant and softfuzzyman
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
As a preteen I was thinking about self-harm but never really considered ctb until I was 19, when I was rejected by my family because of my sexuality.

Commandocoki

Commandocoki

Aug 23, 2020
Ahh I picked the wrong age I didn't see the thought vs attempt.
My first thought was at age 8 when I was in perfect health then out of nowhere one day I woke up and developed severe IBD.

albino_elk

albino_elk

im infj with bpd=dysfunctional trash
Aug 25, 2020
15 i think. I swallowed over 100 pills with alcohol :D.. since then i'm suicidal (28 now)

Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
Tried to drown myself when I was 4. It's been downhill since then. I have high functioning depression and have been taught not to ask for help, so it was my late teens when I got help, and that was too late. I've had one that was between a cry for help and wanting to die, and a more recent serious which would have worked if I hadn't said goodbye to someone. I'm hoping for fourth time lucky.

Last edited:
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
the idea first popped into my mind around the end of 5th grade, and then i started to seriously consider it a few months after that.

H

Homecoming

Wizard
Aug 14, 2020
Around 11-12 yrs old, when my narcissistic BPD mom screaming, crying, and, hitting my dad's head, arms, and back repeatedly with a heavy metal rod ;-;

She's such a f*cking psycho b!tch even to this day :hmph:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Busoccupant
D

Deleted member 20852

I had thoughts about being dead around 8 but they weren't suicidal. I started getting thoughts at around 12 years so half my life I have been thinking about it. It's a such heavy burden to bare, I really have had enough.

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
When I was 14 and tried to overdose on paracetamol.

• Wow
Reactions: Homecoming and Busoccupant
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
Sippin on my mom's Hycocet playing Left 4 Dead and said fuck it. My neighbor saved me, I just remember falling off the chair and crawling to my phone not able to breath really.

Sweet Release

Sweet Release

Experienced
Nov 24, 2019
When I realised I wasn't young anymore and it was probably too late for me in life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Busoccupant, Sprite_Geist and IsThisTheEnd?
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Around 18-19 was when suicide creeped into my mind. Ever since then it tortures me every day.

• Aww..
Reactions: Busoccupant and Sweet Release
dec132013

dec132013

Aug 6, 2020
First started thinking about suicide when I was 12 (also attempted for the first time a while after that) My last actual attempt was when I was 15. I'm 19 now and still try planning, but since I actually have gotten somewhat better mentally I go through episodes where I'm scared to die making it a lot harder.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I have considered it multiple times but only a few months ago I was closest to doing it when I received SN

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
First attempt was at 16. I had gotten home from college. Counselling hadn't worked well for me so I had stopped it recently. I decided to head out to the woods and try partial, but I failed.

• Aww..
Reactions: Homecoming
NationalistKorean

NationalistKorean

A phantom depressed being
Aug 26, 2020
First attempt was at 16. I had gotten home from college. Counselling hadn't worked well for me so I had stopped it recently. I decided to head out to the woods and try partial, but I failed.
Basically the same as one of many attempts expect I was 14 at the time.

Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey

Student
Jun 17, 2020
I first seriously considered it a few days before my eighth birthday. I was fairly sheltered, and didn't even know there was a name for "it".

I can also remember being four or five and sitting on top of the fridge holding a bottle of vitamins and wondering (having been cautioned that one "could get sick and die" if they took too much medication) if somebody could kill themselves with them. (I took a cherry one and put the bottle back.) In retrospect, I guess that's probably a strange line of questioning for a kid that age with no exposure to suicide.

I don't recall ever having had any appreciable fear of death or normal self-preservation instinct.

Last edited: