Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
@Hangman monsters a psychological minor horror drama about a doctor chasing down his patient that he saved in order to clear his name and fix his mistake. It's over 70 eps but its awesome

Reactions: Skathon
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
For some reason I have mostly managed to avoid watching anime. Not that they are uninteresting or directed to children. All I've seen is three Studio Ghibli movies. From what I recall I think Spirit Away was best of them.

I'd like to watch something darker and "more realistic". Any suggestions?
'Grave of The Fireflies' is amazing and heart breaking. 'In This Corner of The World' another anime set in Japan during WW2.

On a very different tip 'Alita Battle Angel' is gravy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Green Destiny, anaschariac and Panna
Ego Sum Medusa

Ego Sum Medusa

I am the Crone.
Sep 28, 2021
For some reason I have mostly managed to avoid watching anime. Not that they are uninteresting or directed to children. All I've seen is three Studio Ghibli movies. From what I recall I think Spirit Away was best of them.

That was a good one. Try, "Perfect Blue," for a gritty psychological thriller or, "Grave of the Fireflies," for a meaninful poignant story.

Reactions: Shadowplay and Panna
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Paprika's by the same guy who made perfect blue if you end up liking that, it's trippy and great

Reactions: Green Destiny, anaschariac and Ego Sum Medusa
Ego Sum Medusa

Ego Sum Medusa

I am the Crone.
Sep 28, 2021
Paprika's by the same guy who made perfect blue if you end up liking that, it's trippy and great
I just looked at the IMDb on that one. It looks interesting and like there are no slow moments.

Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
I just looked at the IMDb on that one. It looks interesting and like there are no slow moments.
It focuses more on the psychological and veeery briefly slows down just enough to let the viewer catch on what's going on. Out of most of satoshi kons works this is his most trippy and it's great.

Reactions: Ego Sum Medusa
Ego Sum Medusa

Ego Sum Medusa

I am the Crone.
Sep 28, 2021
It focuses more on the psychological and veeery briefly slows down just enough to let the viewer catch on what's going on. Out of most of satoshi kons works this is his most trippy and it's great.
Prime has it for 2.99. I'll give it a try. :)

Reactions: Panna
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Arashi no Yoru Ni. It made me cry and remains in my mind to this day. That means a lot for a tv show lol

• Love
Reactions: $nowLeopard
$nowLeopard

$nowLeopard

Student
Oct 30, 2021
Berserk manga, extremely detailed and beautiful artwork and resonates with me in its meaning

• Love
Reactions: demuic and Yogobro298
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Angel Beats. Even know I have not seen it for years, it is the most memorable one for me, because of the story and the music.

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
MeltedJello

MeltedJello

My brain is a liquid mess.
Aug 18, 2021
There's a lot of favourites so I can't just choose one. My top 4 I can remember best would be Avatar The Last Airbender, Pokemon X Y Z, Orange & Welcome to the NHK. O and WNHK are the last 2 anime I've seen years ago, before I quit watching anime, because it always makes me sad when it ends. I always have to jump back into shitty reality.
  • In Orange, there was an episode where the group was running relay that got me emotional, and I ended up crying which is VERY rare for me.
  • In Welcome to the NHK, I liked how relatable and comforting it was. Loved the plot twist where the girl was suicidal herself which surprised me.
  • ATLA was just amazing in my childhood. It had everything. Great plot & character development.
  • Pokemon X Y Z is a favourite because I shipped Ash & Serena pretty hard. I loved how well they developed over time leading up to their final scene. I loved everything. Oh, and Ash-greninja was just so cool & new to me.
That's it. Geez, I didn't realize how much I wrote just now, so I apologize if anyone actually read all of this :ahhha: Wish I could've just chosen one, but that's impossible for me.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 8975
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I thought over it, because I have a favorite 5 and favorite 10, but have a hard time choosing one over the others. I am going to say Violet Evergarden because I identify with the character development of the protagonist quite a bit. If not that then Samurai Champloo.

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
kurisutinabestgirl

kurisutinabestgirl

Kurisu is best girl
Oct 14, 2021
Steins;Gate. It's a masterpiece.

S

sfabians

Student
Nov 7, 2021
One Piece!! I love the story. The adventures are all incredible and I love the humor and how much I can connect with the characters. I have laughed till my sides hurt and I have cried till my face hurt. It is so worth the soon-to-be 1000+ episodes.
Does the anime have many fillers?

IQLESS

IQLESS

Oct 25, 2021
Toradora,
I can't say this is my absolute favourite anime, because I'm sure if I thought about it enough more would come to mind, I definitely enjoyed this though. It definitely brought out feelings and I cried a lot. It made me feel like maybe there's someone out there even for someone like me, perhaps a partner that could make life feel not so colourless. Made me forget about the inevitable nihilism and that love is just chemicals in our brains driving us to mate.

Reactions: Scribble Fan
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
Death Note because it is too cool,and i also had a crush for L at the time

Reactions: demuic
Itsallover123

Itsallover123

Student
Nov 14, 2021
Does the anime have many fillers?
not many but most are skippable, and most of the filler is good. After skypiea definitely watch the G-5 filler, it's better than some of the canon arcs

Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
@Hangman Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade is an action political thriller about an elite counter-terrorist member set in the alternate history of Japan during the 1950s. Another recommendation could be Osamu Tezuka's Black Jack series and films. It's a medical suspense drama about a superb, unlicensed surgeon.

Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
"Monster", "Psycho-Pass" (first season only), "Ghost in the Shell".

ketchup sandwich

ketchup sandwich

Lost
Sep 15, 2020
Baccano! is my favorite show, it's paced well, held my attention throughout, great story and characters, I love the setting. Other favorites are Berserk (90s), Code Geass, and of course, Death Death. And Akira!

Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Angel Beats, it is an anime that marked me in a short time, I do not like that it has happened as one more anime of the lot, the scoop was very interesting and I think it gave for more things.

kovu

kovu

unendlichkeit
Nov 15, 2021
I love 'Violet Evergarden'. While it feels like it's sole purpose is to make you cry, it really amplifies all the emotions the characters feel (compared to the real world where everybody surpresses their feelings) and don't you feel better after having cried a little?

Reactions: Green Destiny
Ihadagoodlife

Ihadagoodlife

Jan 18, 2021
Hunterxhunter. Cringe but i relate to killua even tho he is way cooler than me

• Love
Reactions: Panna and Manaaja
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I've watched plenty so I can't really choose a favorite. A lot being films from Studio Ghibli they're so many good ones. Ones i've watched Recently is Violet Evergarden, Ancient Magus Bride, Baccano!, My Hero Academia Manga, Attack on Titan and now i'm currently watching Vinland Saga. I did watch Naruto when it was new growing up and did enjoy seeing it on Toonami every Saturday night. Akira, Steam Boy and Paprika are also great flicks.

• Love
D

Deleted member 8975

I keep my FAVORITE anime a top secret because no one here knows I'm into it. TOP SECRET ;D (pika piiii o.o)

• Love
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
Boku no Pico

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: Panna, Dreamlike Reality and Manaaja
Dreamlike Reality

Dreamlike Reality

Bedhead 💤
Nov 29, 2021
I haven't watched much anime in a while, but InuYasha has a very special place in my heart. I also love Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan . . . I'm really more into anime-styled video games than anime itself.
Boku no Pico
My goodness . . . I remember in 8th grade I made Boku No Pico themed Valentine's Day cards to give to my friends as a joke because they would never stop talking about either that or Citrus 😭

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Panna and Manaaja
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
I keep my FAVORITE anime a top secret because no one here knows I'm into it. TOP SECRET ;D (pika piiii o.o)
Oh golly gee what it could it be?

(I adore it too!)

@Ihadagoodlife hunter x hunter og is top tier comfy and just so memorable. Lots of shounens wish they were half as entertaining. The character building, world building and the osts, ahh im gushing. My favorite characters though are the spiders, mix comraderie and their theatrics with the mafia and you got something special!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ihadagoodlife and Dreamlike Reality
Itsallover123

Itsallover123

Student
Nov 14, 2021

I recommend Steins Gate the only unrealistic thing about it is the time travel but even then they try to use science to explain how its possible. Its not cartoony like shonen animes