Sparr0w

Sparr0w

please feed my pfp crumbs they are begging u
Jan 24, 2023
please do not answer "crows/ravens/etc" to be edgy.

...that being said, my favourite birds are crows lmaooo. i've never seen one irl cause they don't exist in NZ but they're smart! and can mimic human speech! and like shiny things!

i'm also a huge fan of all small, fluffy birds. watching sparrows and fantails hop around is always so cute! if you're on a dirt/stone path, fantails will follow you to see if you stir up any insects and omg it is the cutest thing EVER-

bonus points to the kereru/NZ wood pigeon bc they sit around like
Untitled10 20230328172830
and i physically cannot describe to you how fucking funny it is to see this giant fat fuck sitting in a really small tree/branch, being bright white and iridescent green/purple with a bright red beak, with 0 thoughts in its head.

LOOK AT HIM
GettyImages 612815402 kereru wood pigeon bird birds 1120

• Love
Reactions: http-410, Dead Ghost, Cathy Ames and 4 others
closemyeyes

closemyeyes

Mar 11, 2023
I have an African Lovebird and I love my little guy!! :)

Btw those iridescent green/purple fat fucks on your side of the world definitely look a lot better than the cement grey fat fucks here lol

Reactions: Cathy Ames, Sluggish_Slump and Skathon
Sparr0w

Sparr0w

Jan 24, 2023
I have an African Lovebird and I love my little guy!! :)

Btw those iridescent green/purple fat fucks on your side of the world definitely look a lot better than the cement grey fat fucks here lol
ooo, they are pretty cool!
we have normal pigeons over here and HEY how dare u insult them they have cool collars and are very lovely >:( lol

closemyeyes

closemyeyes

Mar 11, 2023
ooo, they are pretty cool!
we have normal pigeons over here and HEY how dare u insult them they have cool collars and are very lovely >:( lol
They are pests! But I put out food and water for birds daily and almost all of it is consumed by pigeons so I guess they're my pests lol

But I don't like that they bully little birds like Mynahs who also come here daily for the food and water :/

Sparr0w

Sparr0w

Jan 24, 2023
They are pests! But I put out food and water for birds daily and almost all of it is consumed by pigeons so I guess they're my pests lol

But I don't like that they bully little birds like Mynahs who also come here daily for the food and water :/
they were domesticated by humans and released back into the wild, plus doves are just white pigeons!

i can get get not liking how they bully smaller birds though, thats why i (lightheartly) don't like seagulls lmao

Reactions: OceanBlue
closemyeyes

closemyeyes

Mar 11, 2023
they were domesticated by humans and released back into the wild, plus doves are just white pigeons!

i can get get not liking how they bully smaller birds though, thats why i (lightheartly) don't like seagulls lmao
Yeah they're pretty much like seagulls, only uglier lol
But yeah they actually are great with one thing - they're dumb enough to walk into anything new if it seems like they'll get something! So when I put water or food in a new place or new dish, they're the first to get at it, while other birds probably watch from far for few days to see if their dumb asses survive lmao

But on a serious note, pigeons probably have realised people here don't care about catching them so they don't have that to worry about. Other birds here, like parrots, stay far away from us, and for good reason - it's best for them.

• Yay!
Reactions: Sparr0w
Ki_Nam

Ki_Nam

Slow brain turdle
Mar 23, 2023
Probably all the exotic birds yet to be discovered in the Amazon rainforest.

Reactions: Source Energy and Sparr0w
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I love pretty much all birds but sparrows hold a special place in my heart because I associate them with my Nana.

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Sparr0w
Ruma

Ruma

Experienced
Dec 26, 2021
I love Robin Redbrests,I have one tattood on my arm. They're meant to symbolize passed loved ones.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Cathy Ames, Sluggish_Slump and 1 other person
Elidibus

Elidibus

Riding home
Mar 27, 2023
Goldcrest! It's a tiny bird, smallest in Europe and named after kings. The coloration makes them look hilariously grumpy when photographed from the front.

Clipboard011 Clipboard01

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Dead Ghost, Cathy Ames and 6 others
CuteThing

CuteThing

i order the same subway every time i go to subway
Mar 22, 2023
my favorite are some little birds they are little and they just jump no walking just jumping i always giggle when i see them they make me so happy. autism caught me

• Love
Reactions: Cathy Ames, Sluggish_Slump and Sparr0w
Sparr0w

Sparr0w

Jan 24, 2023
Now I'm curious about what's wrong with seagulls ><
they bully sparrows and other small birds (mostly just by grabbing food) and i've seen huge flocks of them lmao. plus they make LOUD CAWS/SCREECHES. very fun to chase around.
i will say that my hatred of seagulls is entirely theatrical, and i would never hurt a seagull... unless. (jk, if i tried to hurt a seagull it'd probably beat me up)

Danyyyyy

Danyyyyy

Yippee
Mar 19, 2023
My favorite bird are hummingbirds cuz it's awesomeee how their wings flap super fast. There's a bird feeder hanging outside my window and sometimes they pass by and i guess eat? idk but very awesum and they got some sorta bright colors :DD

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Sluggish_Slump and Sparr0w
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020

• Love
Reactions: Cathy Ames, Jaqen H'ghar, Sluggish_Slump and 1 other person
true-ending

true-ending

had we met under better circumstances...
Mar 27, 2023
I have always had a particular fondness for the Scarlet Macaw. :-]

• Yay!
Reactions: Sparr0w
SleepyRobloxGrl

SleepyRobloxGrl

always sleeping
Feb 22, 2023
My favorite birds are the ones I have. I have 7 cockatiels and 2 quaker parrots. My quaker parrots are the smartest lil babies and my cockatiels have no thoughts. Heads empty. ❤️ All birds in general make me happy.

• Love
Reactions: Sparr0w and Dresired
JudasIscariot

JudasIscariot

Mar 23, 2023
I like birds, although I am not knowledgable about them. Blue jays and cardinals are nice. Robins are rather boring. I find birds of prey, although rather scary and saddening, to be supremely interesting in both their behavior and symbolism. Eagles too are nice. I like sparrows due to the Simon and Garfunkel song. I like to learn about environmental science so this thread has encouraged me.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Cathy Ames and Sparr0w
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
Peacocks are my absolute favs. I also like flamingos, and parrots. Swans too.

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Cathy Ames and Sparr0w
dreambound

dreambound

Student
Dec 14, 2021
In reply to OP's suspician than the nz kereru/wood pigeon is a dumbass bird, guess what...It's faking it!!!!!
When i was at university in australia, my professor told me that when he was doing his residency at a varsity
in NZ , he tutored a nz wood pigeon, that went on to complete a masters degree in quantum physics (usually 5year course)
in just under 9 minutes, while vaping copious amounts of weed & stuffing its face with banana-berry yoghurt.......

...He lost touch with the pigeon but rumour has it , it was last seen in Tasmania, reverse engineering a solar-powered
mp4 player so he could listen to Alice in Chains albums at bandcamp.....................

• Yay!
Reactions: Cathy Ames and Sparr0w
Malpercio

Malpercio

Mar 28, 2023
Blue fronted amazon small
I like the blue-fronted amazon. I used to own one.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Source Energy, Cathy Ames and Sparr0w
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Probably an owl. My name is a type of bird in my language, however it is not my favourite bird nor will I dox myself.

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Sparr0w
Sparr0w

Sparr0w

Jan 24, 2023
In reply to OP's suspician than the nz kereru/wood pigeon is a dumbass bird, guess what...It's faking it!!!!!
When i was at university in australia, my professor told me that when he was doing his residency at a varsity
in NZ , he tutored a nz wood pigeon, that went on to complete a masters degree in quantum physics (usually 5year course)
in just under 9 minutes, while vaping copious amounts of weed & stuffing its face with banana-berry yoghurt.......

...He lost touch with the pigeon but rumour has it , it was last seen in Tasmania, reverse engineering a solar-powered
mp4 player so he could listen to Alice in Chains albums at bandcamp.....................
it makes sense that it would do weed, since they're known for getting drunk...

t0rch

t0rch

too much
Mar 29, 2023
Sparrows! (coincidentally OP'a name) I mean just look at those friend shaped wood patterned adorable hand sized things. You can just hold it in one hand and go mUnCH (they're about 7cm)

BD1112EC 61CB 4B09 B5E2 FED113AD9417

Sparr0w

Sparr0w

Jan 24, 2023
Sparrows! (coincidentally OP'a name) I mean just look at those friend shaped wood patterned adorable hand sized things. You can just hold it in one hand and go mUnCH (they're about 7cm)

View attachment 107005
cuteee! they look a lil different from NZ onrs, which are house sparrows :D
House Sparrow

Reactions: t0rch
theocean

theocean

Mar 30, 2023
Pigeons!!! When I was homeless and everyone looked through me like I didnt exist, those beautiful flying rats were always close and kept me company. If I ever somehow find stability and a future, I'd love to keep a couple as pets

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Cathy Ames and catnap
angeliccry

angeliccry

~♱~
Mar 30, 2023
crows, ravens, pesquet's parrot

Reactions: Aesthetic guy
B

bramble

Feb 17, 2023
Hummingbirds are fun to see but I don't see them often

Reactions: Skathon
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
they bully sparrows and other small birds (mostly just by grabbing food) and i've seen huge flocks of them lmao. plus they make LOUD CAWS/SCREECHES. very fun to chase around.
i will say that my hatred of seagulls is entirely theatrical, and i would never hurt a seagull... unless. (jk, if i tried to hurt a seagull it'd probably beat me up)
I didn't know about that behavior.

Usually, looking into details about animal life makes them lose their charm, doesn't it?. Nature can be really ugly. Even sparrows have their ugly side, if you look into it.

Jaqen H'ghar

Jaqen H'ghar

Mar 31, 2023
Peacock my friend:

200w.gif

• Love
Reactions: Sparr0w, http-410, Skathon and 1 other person