私はあなたと一緒に飛びます

May 14, 2019
For me, the new Pure XS Night is pretty good for night wear, but if I'm out and about Perry Ellis Aqua Extreme is pretty nice for work/day wear.
So what do you guys like, cologne/soap/etc? I'm really curious.

Reactions: not4us, Circles and H2H2
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I love the old-fashioned Guerlain perfumes. Vetiver for men, Mitsouko or Vol de Nuit for women, Jicky for anybody. Oh and Apres l'Ondee - wow! Some of their newer ones are gorgeous too. They know what they're doing.

• Love
Reactions: Callie Arcale, Circles and H2H2
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Never thought I'd see a thread like this here.
I prefer cologne. For daytime use I usually wear Terre D'Hermés by Hermés and if I'm doing something special at nighttime I usually wear Tobacco by Tom Ford. I also had a Rose 31 by Le Labo once that I liked, but not everyone was fond of it.

With this depression though, I rarely see a need to use fragrances or make something out of myself anymore...

• Hugs
Reactions: SelfHatingAspie, Ruffian, Circles and 5 others
inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
I rotate between a few different indie brands of perfume; currently my favorite scents are a woody-cinnamon type, and a matcha + white chocolate type.

My soap smells like funeral flowers. Lilies, etc. I also have a perfume to match this. It works better in the winter months, to my nose, though.

• Love
Reactions: SelfHatingAspie, Circles, not_a_robot and 2 others
memento_mori

memento_mori

Student
Mar 28, 2019
I love the old-fashioned Guerlain perfumes. Vetiver for men, Mitsouko or Vol de Nuit for women, Jicky for anybody. Oh and Apres l'Ondee - wow! Some of their newer ones are gorgeous too. They know what they're doing.
I used to own eau de shalimar but sold that
I'm more into niche perfume brands at the moment
Recently bought Maison Francis Kirkdjian when I was in a depressive haze. I go through phrases of "I'm going to die I don't need anything" for weeks, then 2~3 days every month I'm like " fxxk if I'm going to die at least I should get to enjoy something before that" then go shopping :'(

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, H2H2 and Soul
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I still do a little spritz of the Tom Ford or Hugo Boss cologne after my shower. God knows why as I don't really go anywhere other than the supermarket, and groceries are hard to impress.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ruffian, piccadilly, Circles and 4 others
memento_mori

memento_mori

Student
Mar 28, 2019
I prefer cologne. For daytime use I usually wear Terre D'Hermés by Hermés and if I'm doing something special at nighttime I usually wear Tobacco by Tom Ford. I also had a Rose 31 by Le Labo once that I liked, but not everyone was fond of it.

With this depression though, I rarely see a need to use fragrances or make something out of myself anymore...
those are pretty good choices

Reactions: Circles, not_a_robot and Tortured_empath
HappyEnding

HappyEnding

Mar 23, 2019
Lavender :)

Reactions: Circles, not_a_robot, Walilamdzi and 3 others
memento_mori

memento_mori

Student
Mar 28, 2019
Hypnotic poison , Alien, Carolina herrera
used to own one of the Alien flankers ~ Taste of fragrance ( caramel note). sold that as the juice stained my skin, but interesting perfume nonetheless.
I rotate between a few different indie brands of perfume; currently my favorite scents are a woody-cinnamon type, and a matcha + white chocolate type.

My soap smells like funeral flowers. Lilies, etc. I also have a perfume to match this. It works better in the winter months, to my nose, though.
for matcha Maison Martin Margiela Tea Escape smells like a matcha lolly. By Kilian released a perfume with Sephora called " I don't need a prince by my side to be a princess" that has green tea candy vibes. I like gourmand notes :wink:

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Lavender :)
I used to hate lavender as it reminded me of my gran and old people in general. Now I'm old(er), I love it as it's so relaxing.

Reactions: Circles, H2H2 and throwaway777
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
&
I used to own eau de shalimar but sold that
I'm more into niche perfume brands at the moment
Recently bought Maison Francis Kirkdjian when I was in a depressive haze. I go through phrases of "I'm going to die I don't need anything" for weeks, then 2~3 days every month I'm like " fxxk if I'm going to die at least I should get to enjoy something before that" then go shopping :'(

I admire Shalimar but I can't wear it myself - chypre and wood fragrances are the ones I live in.

I'm all in favour of niche and indie brands as well, as I should be since I make perfumes myself. Or used to. Being on oxygen doesn't exactly enhance one's olfactory life.

I love incense too. Tibetan for outside, Japanese for inside, agar and sandalwood for ever

Reactions: Circles and not_a_robot
B

bayarea

May 21, 2019
I love lemon, strawberry, and watermelon candles, they smell so good. It's like fruit but 100x magnified. I love the smell of most fruit scent candles

私はあなたと一緒に飛びます

May 14, 2019

Truth be told, fragrance is one of the few things that perk me up, and it's one of the few things that motivate me. Hell, I have about 10 on my shortlist right now, and I was even considering picking this sampler pack up https://www.belk.com/p/belk-mens-trial-sampler---45-value/5900366BELKSMVOC.html#start=10
I still do a little spritz of the Tom Ford or Hugo Boss cologne after my shower. God knows why as I don't really go anywhere other than the supermarket, and groceries are hard to impress.
Since you mentioned Hugo Boss, are there any frags from that house you can recommend for summer wear?

• Love
Reactions: Circles, not_a_robot and Tortured_empath
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I like Gucci by Gucci (for men). I've run out and don't feel like buying more, though. I look like shit so what's the point of smelling nice?

K

Kaput

Here, now
Apr 10, 2019
Chanel No.5

Reactions: Ruffian and Circles
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
I like Gucci by Gucci (for men). I've run out and don't feel like buying more, though. I look like shit so what's the point of smelling nice?

Ahh: The point of smelling nice is to smell nice. I encourage it!

Reactions: Circles

私はあなたと一緒に飛びます

May 14, 2019
In my situation, when I started to smell good, I began to feel a touch better about myself and give me a bit of self confidence, so I genereally put a little bit more effort into trimming my beard, hair, etc. You'd be surprised how far a little goes into looks, if that means anything.
Chanel No.5
Isn't that like the ultimate fragrance for girls/women, or am I thinking of Shalimar?

Reactions: piccadilly and Circles
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
In my situation, when I started to smell good, I began to feel a touch better about myself and give me a bit of self confidence, so I genereally put a little bit more effort into trimming my beard, hair, etc. You'd be surprised how far a little goes into looks, if that means anything.

Isn't that like the ultimate fragrance for girls/women, or am I thinking of Shalimar?
Yeah, I should put some effort in. I just feel really defeated because I gained a lot of weight off antipsychotics recently and I can't hide it with clothes or a hairstyle. I do feel a bit better when I wear cologne.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, H2H2, Soul and 1 other person

私はあなたと一緒に飛びます

May 14, 2019
Yeah, I should put some effort in. I just feel really defeated because I gained a lot of weight off antipsychotics recently and I can't hide it with clothes or a hairstyle. I do feel a bit better when I wear cologne.
Tbh, when I started working in retail, I noticed since I'm constantly moving it's easier to keep the poundage off, but I've noticed (at least in my case) that I still drink a lot of soda and usually default to something unhealthy for a snack/meal.
I'm not too sure about your weight situation since it's seemingly medical related, but I discovered if nothing else just going out for a run and trying to watch my soda intake does wonders for my weight gain, if that helps at all.

Reactions: Circles, not_a_robot and H2H2
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Tbh, when I started working in retail, I noticed since I'm constantly moving it's easier to keep the poundage off, but I've noticed (at least in my case) that I still drink a lot of soda and usually default to something unhealthy for a snack/meal.
I'm not too sure about your weight situation since it's seemingly medical related, but I discovered if nothing else just going out for a run and trying to watch my soda intake does wonders for my weight gain, if that helps at all.
I should get more active. I only drink sugar free Pepsi. Last year I had a trainer 4x a week, jogged 4x a week and still only managed to lose some weight when I was taking Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) as it supressed my appetite enough to stick to a severe diet. I didn't lose heaps either. My psychiatrist took me off it because apparently it is contraindicated if you have psychosis, which I have had recently. I think they should let me have it.. Damn them. I would go back to the trainer but I plan to CTB fairly soon either way so it's like what's the point?

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, H2H2 and Soul
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
This isn't a beauty product but the smell of magnolias is to die for.

Reactions: SelfHatingAspie, Circles and not_a_robot
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
Whatever i try i keep going back to Armani code (for men) as a favorite. When a girl wears a nice perfume...man that's just the best thing ever. It's like an added sense you know?

Last edited:
Reactions: SelfHatingAspie, Circles and Soul
favourite

favourite

Student
Feb 15, 2019
I love London by Burberry, its longevity sucks though.
Sometimes I use Platinum Egoiste by Chanel when I go outside, even if I wear oversized hoodie and old jeans.

Reactions: SelfHatingAspie, Circles, not_a_robot and 1 other person
Bulletwbttrflywings

Bulletwbttrflywings

My soul is awakened... and I’m f*cked
May 29, 2019
For me, the new Pure XS Night is pretty good for night wear, but if I'm out and about Perry Ellis Aqua Extreme is pretty nice for work/day wear.
So what do you guys like, cologne/soap/etc? I'm really curious.
Call me hippie, but the smell of the forest or ocean after a good soaking rain

Reactions: Circles, Soul, Meretlein and 1 other person
Loli

Loli

highly flammable
May 25, 2019
I love earthy and woody fragrances. The only brand that suits my taste so far is Bottega Venetta. Anything else is too sweet/musky

• Love
Reactions: Circles, Soul, Meretlein and 2 others

私はあなたと一緒に飛びます

May 14, 2019
I should get more active. I only drink sugar free Pepsi. Last year I had a trainer 4x a week, jogged 4x a week and still only managed to lose some weight when I was taking Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) as it supressed my appetite enough to stick to a severe diet. I didn't lose heaps either. My psychiatrist took me off it because apparently it is contraindicated if you have psychosis, which I have had recently. I think they should let me have it.. Damn them. I would go back to the trainer but I plan to CTB fairly soon either way so it's like what's the point?
IIRC, sugar free actually might be worse than regular soda, but I might be wrong on that. For me, it's mostly just poor impulse control, like I see something and I'm like i need to eat that right now, but I like to think I've been doing better. But...as for the CTB'ing, I keep pinballing from so close to so far, like I just...fuck, I dunno....I just want it to be a extremely sound decision since it's something you can't come back from.
I love earthy and woody fragrances. The only brand that suits my taste so far is Bottega Venetta. Anything else is too sweet/musky
Tbh, my collection is mostly sweet stuff with like 3 maybe 4 good freshies, but I heard Calvin Klein has some good ones, along with Alexandria Fragrances.
Call me hippie, but the smell of the forest or ocean after a good soaking rain
Dude, I know - I love it when my dad opens the door to go to work just after it rained and it lets in that wonderful after rain smell (or hell, whenever I'm on break after rain, so to speak.)
Whatever i try i keep going back to Armani code (for men) as a favorite. When a girl wears a nice perfume...man that's just the best thing ever. It's like an added sense you know?
True man, I really do like some of the perfumes/colognes the guys and gals at my work wear, along with the customers but I feel like asking like what fragrance they are wearing would be to creepy/personal.
This isn't a beauty product but the smell of magnolias is to die for.
Agreed. Lavender also smells really nice too!

Reactions: Circles, Soul, not_a_robot and 1 other person
Bulletwbttrflywings

Bulletwbttrflywings

My soul is awakened... and I’m f*cked
May 29, 2019
IIRC, sugar free actually might be worse than regular soda, but I might be wrong on that. For me, it's mostly just poor impulse control, like I see something and I'm like i need to eat that right now, but I like to think I've been doing better. But...as for the CTB'ing, I keep pinballing from so close to so far, like I just...fuck, I dunno....I just want it to be a extremely sound decision since it's something you can't come back from.

Tbh, my collection is mostly sweet stuff with like 3 maybe 4 good freshies, but I heard Calvin Klein has some good ones, along with Alexandria Fragrances.

Dude, I know - I love it when my dad opens the door to go to work just after it rained and it lets in that wonderful after rain smell (or hell, whenever I'm on break after rain, so to speak.)

True man, I really do like some of the perfumes/colognes the guys and gals at my work wear, along with the customers but I feel like asking like what fragrance they are wearing would be to creepy/personal.

Agreed. Lavender also smells really nice too!
Rain resonates in a peaceful place with me... hopefully for you too. It's cleansing

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
WEED. all strains, all types.
Most plants, flowers, herbs.
McCormick curry powder,
Allspice
Cocoa
Basil
lemon