A

attheend13

Oct 1, 2023
(I've posted this before, but it was months ago and I'd like to hear some new answers!)
Is there a way that you've tried to CTB that, in hindsight, seemed stupid, unique, or just weird? For me, I took over a gram of DPH (Benadryl). It was extremely traumatizing and painful. I was in full delirium, and I had multiple seizures. The next few days after this attempt, I couldn't even get out of bed, it hurt so bad. I think this just shows how immoral and unethical our laws are. Since we don't have access to humane and painless methods, or MAiD, we have to resort to methods as I did.
That sounds brutal. I once took a big bottle of extra strength Tylenol and almost lost my liver. The nurse in the E.R said she was digusted by me and I didn't deserve to take up resources from real patients. She said if she saw me again she wouldn't treat me. I was 16. I remember thinking that this is why I wanted to die. She said it but she's not the only one thinking it.
(I've posted this before, but it was months ago and I'd like to hear some new answers!)
Is there a way that you've tried to CTB that, in hindsight, seemed stupid, unique, or just weird? For me, I took over a gram of DPH (Benadryl). It was extremely traumatizing and painful. I was in full delirium, and I had multiple seizures. The next few days after this attempt, I couldn't even get out of bed, it hurt so bad. I think this just shows how immoral and unethical our laws are. Since we don't have access to humane and painless methods, or MAiD, we have to resort to methods as I did.
I tried to apply for MAID but the change in rules (previously announced to include depression) was put back a couple years. The criteria is under review. Which in and of itself is depressing enough to make me want to kill myself. Even if it's approved it's like 3 years from even being an outside chance. And what serves as proof anyway?

Last edited:
A

ashtoreth

empty
Mar 29, 2024
I once took a big bottle of extra strength Tylenol and almost lost my liver. The nurse in the E.R said she was digusted by me and I didn't deserve to take up resources from real patients. She said if she saw me again she wouldn't treat me. I was 16. I remember thinking that this is why I wanted to die. She said it but she's not the only one thinking it.
What I find beyond disgusting is the way that nurse thought and reacted.
Mental pain is not real or serious, 'cause you can't see it, isn't that right.
I know she is by far not the only one.
I hate how we hurt each other because we don't understand each other.

EG1141

EG1141

Aug 12, 2024
That sounds brutal. I once took a big bottle of extra strength Tylenol and almost lost my liver. The nurse in the E.R said she was digusted by me and I didn't deserve to take up resources from real patients. She said if she saw me again she wouldn't treat me. I was 16. I remember thinking that this is why I wanted to die. She said it but she's not the only one thinking it.
What the actual fuck..
That nurse deserves to be fired. I've never heard something more disgusting from a health care worker. I'm so sorry you had to experience that friend. I assume you're Canadian since you mentioned the mental health push back on MAiD. I have Canadian citizenship, and have greatly considered applying when mental health is finally approved as a reason to receive MAiD.

A

attheend13

Oct 1, 2023
What the actual fuck..
That nurse deserves to be fired. I've never heard something more disgusting from a health care worker. I'm so sorry you had to experience that friend. I assume you're Canadian since you mentioned the mental health push back on MAiD. I have Canadian citizenship, and have greatly considered applying when mental health is finally approved as a reason to receive MAiD.
I respect the care that needs to be taken in the Canadian government I would expect nothing less however when you're in pain it's cruel to consider things in years
What I find beyond disgusting is the way that nurse thought and reacted.
Mental pain is not real or serious, 'cause you can't see it, isn't that right.
I know she is by far not the only one.
I hate how we hurt each other because we don't understand each other.
Compassion goes a long way. The humiliation silenced me. For awhile anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: ashtoreth