Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
I believe it's a much better alternative for people who have extreme cases of mental illness than for them having to be on the streets trying to survive.

Decades ago, one didn't see the quantity of severely mentally ill people on the streets of California, then prop 13 passed in the '70s, and resources dried up and those with severe mental illnesses were pushed out onto the streets. It seemingly becomes worse with each passing year.

Frankly, I wish there was more psychiatric funding and more institutions to try and get some of the mentally ill people off the streets and give them some chance to become more stable and functional, because being on the streets is not helping those with severe mental illness to improve and recover. But, more resources are needed to help everyone on the streets, not just those with severe mental illness.

If you are familiar with Southern California, you probably can understand my position better. As an aside, I think I read that over 60,000 people are living on the streets of Los Angeles now, and many of them have significant mental illness that makes them dysfunctional, although more and more families are being pushed onto the streets due to economic factors.

Reactions: InterstateFlowers and whywere
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
All I see are bad experiences. If it is indeed a place full of apathetic staff, loneliness, isolation, misery, crap food, with nothing to do, what's the point? Especially if all it does is drive people more insane/ make them want to CTB more? any good experiences out there? How do you get better in a place like that? Is the whole point of it to scare people to not be depressed anymore so they won't be sent back?
Actually the food wasn't half bad...cannot say the same for everything else. I would definitely die before I was forced to go back there.

Reactions: whywere
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Money!!!!!!!!!!

I used to live in PA, for a good 16 years or so, and there was a case of a judge keeping kids locked in institutions, also institutions drugging up kids so that they'd stay to make a profit. In reality, it's just for money.
Not that it can't inherently help people, if they are really in need, but otherwise, it's really shitty.

Ghostly

Ghostly

Student
Nov 21, 2020
Into raped at the ward went to and the staff told me to be quiet about it I have nightmares all the time about that place

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I think even normies can see that they are terrible places but in their eyes it's the only choice since we need to be restrained and unable to kill ourselves.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
mad that you were treated that way, not mad at you :heart:

Do you mind sharing your experience? What was your hospital like?
No problem! It just made me wonder why is all. I try to be very nice and have a opinion once in a while but try to stay as positive as possible. It is just that my experience was not very nice and I actually had a counselor once get in the middle of the great room in the evening while most people were watching tv or playing games and ask me, we have you on suicide watch, do you feel ok or do you think you should stay on the suicide watch. I felt like melting and getting poured out of there, with all those eyes staring at me. I asked them what in the world they were thinking about saying it out loud and i got a stare is all. That is one of the reasons I dislike them, very bad experience. Thank you so much for being so caring and loving! You are a GREAT global family member!!!! :heart::hug:

Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
They're just places to lock people up to both pretend to help people and drug them up and make money for the hospital. Most of them treat you with less dignity than prisoners. I had to stash supplies just to be able to brush my teeth, take a shower and have snacks during the day. It's been years since I've been in one and I'll never go back again. Hell, most of them were playing crazy just to get a check. There's no reason to go to one except to keep you alive or to play it up for a check.