• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
It took me being on the verge of being homeless to finally think about this but, what's the point of being alive? What's the purpose? Unless you're apart of the one percent you're probably gonna face some financial problems in one way or another, it's not possible to trust anyone fully, any and everyone you love will die someday and you'll have to suffer through their death, inflation isn't getting any better, neither is the economy or climate, racism is still an issue, majority of countries are ran by pedophiles, people hate the poor but won't raise wage to a livable standard,in order to become financially stable you have to go to school again just to be in thousands on top of thousands of dollars in debt, children are being starved and trafficked everyday and people pick and choose when to care. The negatives far outweigh the positives. I don't see any purpose in being alive.

tbroken

tbroken

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
It took me being on the verge of being homeless to finally think about this but, what's the point of being alive? What's the purpose? Unless you're apart of the one percent you're probably gonna face some financial problems in one way or another, it's not possible to trust anyone fully, any and everyone you love will die someday and you'll have to suffer through their death, inflation isn't getting any better, neither is the economy or climate, racism is still an issue, majority of countries are ran by pedophiles, people hate the poor but won't raise wage to a livable standard,in order to become financially stable you have to go to school again just to be in thousands on top of thousands of dollars in debt, children are being starved and trafficked everyday and people pick and choose when to care. The negatives far outweigh the positives. I don't see any purpose in being alive.
But still... some people live, find good distractions and good company and then die when it is their turn.
Try to do the same if you can, I'm also disillusioned but it is not a good thing for your health. There are a lot of people who just want to have fun out there.
I hate to be stuck in the middle.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
From a biological perspective: survive, reproduce, die
There is no point in life
We are put on this planet just to go through pointless suffering, We work, eat, shit, sleep and repeat the same boring pointless cycle until we die and turn into dust and be forgotten.
Life is meaningless
Literally. Life is pointless and meaningless. There is no meaning of life. Anything people do is just cope

A

Anonymous2998691

Aug 14, 2023
For a lot of people on here that question is pretty hard to answer, they seem to like to cope with the reality of horrible conditions by assuming everyone has those same conditions, but that just isn't true. There are a lot of very satisfied, happy, "winners" in life. The majority of governments are also not being ran by pedophiles.

Life doesn't suck for everyone, it just sucks for you, it's easy to cope and say everyone has the same lot in life as you, but they don't, you are "loser", and other people are "winners", you never really had a say in the matter, it was determined mostly by genetics and environment.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim
Helvete

Helvete

Apr 9, 2024
For those that arent religious, the point is to enjoy life and be a light in this awful world to yourself and to others. I dont have very much money, but there are cheap ways to explore the world and see many beautiful things and meet incredible people! You gotta put yourself first and do what you find joy in regardless of anyone around you.

Hated By All

Hated By All

Death will give me peace
Sep 21, 2022
There's also cost of living crisis with the inflation and everything is getting more expensive, you're right about the racism still being an issue and massive debt you have to pay off after finishing university. I don't see the point of living either especially as an autistic male.

xinino

xinino

I love to be sick
Mar 31, 2024
Man, you really need to start arguing with AI. that shit is undefeated, there will be always "however".

Reactions: divinemistress36
evannave

evannave

love you guys <3
Feb 27, 2024
I've always said love. But it's kinda hard to go on when you don't even love yourself...

Reactions: divinemistress36
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
For those that arent religious, the point is to enjoy life and be a light in this awful world to yourself and to others. I dont have very much money, but there are cheap ways to explore the world and see many beautiful things and meet incredible people! You gotta put yourself first and do what you find joy in regardless of anyone around you.
What is there to enjoy about life? My mom told me that people live because they enjoy life but I don't see what's enjoyable about it

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
To experience and learn but that doesn't mean it's a good thing

• Informative
Burnout_Wizard

Burnout_Wizard

Apr 9, 2024
Everything, the universe, Earth, society, each person exists as a great improbability that was/is going to inevitably exist regardless of meaning. All meaning and purpose in our existence is created as a construct within our subjective reality. Figure out what existence means to yourself, adopt someone else's meaning, or just ignore it and leave the answer blank. I've found this freedom both reassuringly comfortable and crushing in how it paralyzes me.

Shar

Shar

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
It's entirely subjective.
objectively you are just born, struggle to keep yourself alive, then die.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
To explore, learn, find joy and happiness I guess.

I doubt there is any bigger purpose or plan.

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Everything, the universe, Earth, society, each person exists as a great improbability that was/is going to inevitably exist regardless of meaning.
Wdym? Do you mean like we were fated to exist?

Burnout_Wizard

Burnout_Wizard

Apr 9, 2024
Wdym? Do you mean like we were fated to exist?
Not fate as some mystical underpinning, but just random chance and coincidence. The odds of the universe and Earth forming in a way able to support sentient life and that life developing in the way it has until this exact point in time is tiny, but with a effectively infinite sample size it is guaranteed to occur. Same for each person. Millions of others could have been born instead me and regardless of what I or those who never existed would have preferred someone was going to live this life and go through these experiences. Maybe those who never existed would have done better or maybe worse.

• Informative
LevUwU

LevUwU

I hate my life and the government
Mar 16, 2024
Realistically there is no point. People will argue "Life's meaning is what you make it!" or whatever, all kinda a cope if you ask me. There isn't any point to this life, it doesn't need one. Living it and not living it are both valid choices when its meaningless to care or not.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
There's none, existing is just meaningless suffering. I'd be glad to finally cease existing.