Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
I'm an alcoholic and my alcoholism prevents me from eating... I'm on day 2...I've gone like a week before without eating but that was like this religious fast thing...

Anyway... what's the longest y'all have gone without eating?

Reactions: MentalStefan and dump224477
T

TheMetalhead

Experienced
Aug 18, 2023
I think the most I've been not eating was about 2 weeks, didn't do much except going to toilet and if I had the strenght, I'd take a shower. Mostly spent time in bed.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Back when I smoked weed I barely ate for a few months I only ate one slice of rye bread with salami every third day to calm the hunger

Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
5 days. It was horrible, I was weak and dizzy and kept falling. I only did it because I was sick and didn't feel like sitting in the emergency waiting room.

Harrow

Harrow

Aug 20, 2023
I don't exactly remember because it was because of a really deep depressive episode, but I think about a week, or 6 days. I'm sorry about your situation, try to stay hydrated if you can.

• Love
Reactions: Csmith8827
theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
Wow, I didn't realize people these days would go that long without eating. I was gonna say I can go a whole day eating only a bowl of cheerios and that's it, but that's not as normal for me anymore. And I thought that was gonna be crazy compared to you guys but yall are saying a whole week that's insane.

It was never something I was proud of or even thought about that much, I've just always been so used to physical discomfort / pain that the discomfort of hunger / starving didn't bother me that much. But I always knew it wasn't a good thing.

But on the other hand, back in the primitive days humans would go several days without eating, also the small amount of cortisol released when you're hungry naturally increases your ability to focus. Plus in some cultures fasting is a normal thing, some would even consider it healthy to fast every now and then. But I assume the reasons we all did it weren't for those reasons. Y'all, if you've went a week straight with no food please eat at least something. And stay hydrated too. I don't care if the world convinced you to hate yourself so you slowly starve yourself, shoot if nobody else will take care of you then at least you have to take care of yourself, please just eat something. And I don't mean binge eating fast food and processed junk with no fiber, just healthy whole foods 2-3 times a day.

• Love
Reactions: Harrow and Csmith8827
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Officially on day 3 now of no food....can the mods move this to the suicide section... I'm wondering if this is gonna be my method or not... honestly it's not that hard or bad... I'm not even hungry...

Meh...off to the store to purchase more booze...

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I haven't been eating properly for a while now, only eating every few days.

Reactions: ghostkid and Skathon
Haruka

Haruka

the most beautiful angel
Mar 24, 2023
I went almost three weeks when my anorexia was at its worst during 2020, now I can go over a week probably. My Mum passed away due to alcoholism and she wouldn't eat for ages, either. She was a stick just like me. She wasn't functioning though, she could text me but it wasn't always coherent. I know other alcoholics (both dead and alive) who didn't / don't eat enough at all because the alcohol fills them up.

• Hugs
Reactions: peace_van
I

I'mdone77

Aug 27, 2023
36 hours. I used to be into fasting. Turned my crap liquid. After 12 hours (not including sleep) your hunger kinda just disappates. I only broke my fast because my family insisted that I ate with them for once.

B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
Maybe a few days when I was sick... When I was staying with my parents who have multiple homes, they got covid, and with thanksgiving a week or so away they thought it would be fun to come to the home I was at for 24 hours to give me it.... So I spent the days around thanksgiving sick.... I also had the left side of my face mutilated in an accident... Had emergency surgery.... Went home (I was in university several hours from home) because no one was going to be around and I had lost a significant amount of blood... I had a massive hematoma that formed that made it difficult to eat. The pain was excruciating. My mother in her infinite wisdom kept the Vicodin ( I was prescribed for obvious reasons) locked up tighter then fort Knox. I think I only used a quarter to a half of the pills. It had a refill still left too I believe. I swear people people just like to see me in pain. The hematoma was popped by the doctor a week later. I think I lost 10-20 pounds? I couldn't really chew so I would microwave hotdogs, cut them, and swallow the pieces whole. That's about all I could eat.... Outside of being ill or facial trauma? Probably 24-36hours or so. In medical school I slept for 20 hours or something after an exam once and close to it a few other times.... Also on flights it wasn't uncommon for me to have marathon trips back to the US from Europe where I had to be up for 48 hours. I rarely would eat for the later 24 hours because without sleep I stopped being hungry. Factor in 14 or so hours of sleep. Maybe 36 hours?

This has been a bizarre way too thorough response.

backtoearth

backtoearth

<3
Sep 9, 2023
I smoke a lot so I can go 3-4 days without eating anything, then randomly get the munchies and eat everything available. I have luckily recovered from ED thoughts and similar but I think that time in my life has just made to so much easier to cope with not eating

A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
Almost 15 days. Lost 25lbs.

omarofficial10

omarofficial10

Always tired
Sep 8, 2023
Usually like2-3 days then ill binge

Reactions: ViniTerrible
dead-yaga

dead-yaga

muddy moon
Oct 24, 2020
2 days? 3? i have no idea. its never on purpose. i like to look cute and tiny but if i dont eat i lose my butt and after top surgery thats my big draw these days tbh

ChronicallyCynical

ChronicallyCynical

Natural pessimist, born quitter.
Sep 9, 2023
Rarely, I'll go a day (24 hours) without eating, but in the past, I've also just gone on one meal a day -- sesame breadsticks often as that one meal choice -- because my anxiety would stop me from entering the kitchen. Now I don't bother storing most of my food in the kitchen. Even then my eating habits are a bit... eh.

I'm surprised anyone can go that long without eating. I struggle with it because if I go without food for long, my stomach starts growling too loudly and I start to feel nauseous, sometimes even shaky.

passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
3 days and something hours. Stopped bc I was pressured into heading out to eat with someone, and I didn't have the energy to lash out at them. Wish I could do it again...most thoughts disappear after starving for that long

dump224477

dump224477

a mess
Mar 18, 2023
Almost 15 days. Lost 25lbs.
are u overweight? not trying to be rude but losing that much weight when being thinner is harder, im jealous of you
6 days i wish i wasn't so pathetic and was able to go longer

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy, Skathon and AerialBoundaries
A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
At the time, I was. I was a 225lb guy.

zisouszi

zisouszi

Sep 9, 2023
i went 6 full days without touching any food, i drank like 3 sips of water on 3rd day but i was way too weak. i can't eat anything when i feel super depressed or super anxious. i like the way i feel so tired all the time and my stomach aching out of hunger.

snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
I'm an alcoholic and my alcoholism prevents me from eating... I'm on day 2...I've gone like a week before without eating but that was like this religious fast thing...

Anyway... what's the longest y'all have gone without eating?
Like a week when I was on Vyvanse and depression was really bad

D

Dida

Apr 15, 2019
I think the furthest I got was 10 days. I was trying to lose weight the fastest way possible. By day 10, I would faint every couple of hours.

not_telling

not_telling

Scared
Sep 9, 2023
I guess can't really go far, I have to eat everyday with my father once a day. But my longest was about 40 hours, on some holiday that he decided to travel. I'm sorry you're going through that, OP. Hope you can find some peace of mind.

ss-zip

ss-zip

Coward
Mar 19, 2023
I fasted for around three days, twice. It becomes hard to walk because of the lack of electrolytes—muscle cramps, etc. I could have lasted longer if I used some supplements with water.

consider

consider

My English is not good, sorry. Still learning.
Jul 23, 2023
3 days because I was out of food.

B

BurningSita

Sep 10, 2023
9 day fasts for my religious tradition.

I once also did 12 days on very watered down juice. It was supposed to be longer, but I think the juice made it harder in a lot of ways.

I've experimented with a lot of different fasting methods for weight loss. I think fasting on salts makes it much easier, and rolling 48/72hr fasts is more effective for keeping weight off than trying to do longer ones. For example, I don't consider the 9day fasts as a way to lose weight because I always, always gain it back again no matter what I do. But if I do three 72hr fasts in a row, I don't gain much of anything back.