• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

Blackroom_57

Student
Dec 25, 2021
Is it absolutely needed to have antiemetics for SN? I keep reading of people vomiting regardless.

Reactions: swaraj
chr74

chr74

Student
Mar 29, 2023
any of these could happen, who can say which will apply to you:

- take AE which prevents vomit
- take AE and vomit anyway
- dont take AE and dont vomit
- dont take AE and vomit

Last edited:
Reactions: heavyeyes, swaraj and yive
W

WonderfulWeatherDIE

Got all my sources lined up.
Apr 2, 2023
Not absolutely needed but the chance to vomit becomes significantly higher
Metoclopramide is recommended
Also fasting
Is it absolutely needed to have antiemetics for SN? I keep reading of people vomiting regardless.

B

betternever2havbeen

Elementalist
Jun 19, 2022
I have access to an antipsychotic (Quetiapine) but it's slow release and I don't normally take it, will this work as an AE? I know Stan's guide mentions it, but don't know if it'll work when you don't take it regularly.

chr74

chr74

Student
Mar 29, 2023
i think with quetiapine you have to be on at least 200mg a day, im not sure how long you would need to be on that dose for

• Informative
Reactions: betternever2havbeen and swaraj
B

Blackroom_57

Student
Dec 25, 2021
I have access to an antipsychotic (Quetiapine) but it's slow release and I don't normally take it, will this work as an AE? I know Stan's guide mentions it, but don't know if it'll work when you don't take it regularly.
I also have access to antipsychotics (latuda) but I am unsure if it will be a sufficient antiemetic. There seems to be no guidelines for how much to take and how soon before the SN.
any of these could happen, who can say which will apply to you:

- take AE which prevents vomit
- take AE and vomit anyway
- dont take AE and dont vomit
- dont take AE and vomit
Well yea but my questions is if the antiemetic helps in any way and if so will it help make it more likely that I will die.

blackwidow92

blackwidow92

Nov 18, 2020
I'm wondering the same thing as I'm having trouble getting hold of meto. Stan's guide says olanzipine can be used as an AE (I'm on it as a regular medication) but doesn't specify the amount needed. I think without it you're more likely to vomit

Reactions: nosoul and swaraj
B

Blackroom_57

Student
Dec 25, 2021
I'm wondering the same thing as I'm having trouble getting hold of meto. Stan's guide says olanzipine can be used as an AE (I'm on it as a regular medication) but doesn't specify the amount needed. I think without it you're more likely to vomit
Yeah I'm confused as to whether or not you can just take a stat dose or if this is a thing where you have to be on the medication for many months in order for the anti emetic effects to work

Reactions: blackwidow92, betternever2havbeen and swaraj
roadtogo

roadtogo

Mar 24, 2023
  • Informative
Reactions: MrBrownUpsideD and betternever2havbeen
that smell

that smell

Apr 1, 2023
They're not necessary, people have ctb without them. Benzos are weak antiemetics which I think some people have used instead. It probably just depends on individual sensitivity. Fasting to make sure you have nothing in your system beforehand is definitely helpful too.

FacePALM

FacePALM

Problem not person
Sep 10, 2022
Wait is Quetiapine an anti emetic?

M

MrShino

Student
Jul 8, 2021
Also wonder about the Olanzapine regiment and how effective it is.

B

betternever2havbeen

Elementalist
Jun 19, 2022
Thanks for the link-just what I was looking for, some good info there but am gutted you have to be on it a while to build up the effects. I only have a couple from a relative who takes it (they gave me some they had spare since they don't take it regularly and they don't know what I'm using for obviously) and I don't really wanna ask for more or take it for long. I was so chuffed when I found out antipsychotics can work as AE but this is a bit of a blow :notsure:

Reactions: roadtogo
roadtogo

roadtogo

Mar 24, 2023

@betternever2havbeen

Reactions: betternever2havbeen
roadtogo

roadtogo

Mar 24, 2023
Post in thread 'my plan' https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/my-plan.51403/post-934651
Just completed my blood test on SN and it looks good. Thinking about CTB tonight if I find myself at the "end of my rope" so to speak pending some results today.

I'm also going to be taking ginger as an antiemetic and famotidine as an H2 blocker. I've done some research into ginger, and some papers have recently come out that shows it has a central dopamine blocking effect at the 18 hr mark. It has about the same effect as metoclopramide in preventing nausea and vomiting in cancer patients (which causes central vomiting) according to some studies. According to other studies, if taken in combination with another anti-emetic, it can actually make it worse. The ginger responds in a dose-dependent way, which means that the optimal dose is around 1g according to cancer studies. In their study they started 3 days prior, which I may or may not do.

I've been reluctant to talk about this because the last thing I want is to influence someone to CTB when they are on the fence. I don't want to have anyone else's death be influenced by me. But these are the results I've found, and I think it's worth discussing.

F

FireWalkWithMe

Experienced
Jun 18, 2022
Problem is you ask for a consensus but what is the consensus you will get? That's worth pondering.

Mostly a consensus of conjecture and hearsay most likely. Not science or statistics to evidence a point. That's not to point fingers, it's just unfortunate but this stuff isn't well studied. Nobody can tell you a 1000 people took a defined quantity of SN with and without AEs and here are the results.

What I can say to you is there is a guide, SN is a poison which your body will try to reject in some format, and anti emetics are proven to reduce vomiting. So you can really take that info and then it's up to you. You can't really outsource your own critical thinking or attitude to risk on this.

• Informative
Reactions: WorthlessTrash and roadtogo
B

betternever2havbeen

Elementalist
Jun 19, 2022
@roadtogo thank you this looks promising if I can't get hold of meto.

Reactions: roadtogo
roadtogo

roadtogo

Mar 24, 2023
Ya, definitely adhere to the guides. I was just showing results in my searches in case I can't locate an ae.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen
D

Days_are_numbered

May 7, 2023
sorry, I feel a bit of an idiot for asking this but I am new to the site so I'm not familiar with the abbreviations yet. What is SN?