Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

šŸŽµ Be all, end all šŸŽµ
Apr 17, 2023
Before I die, I want to feel like I achieved something significant in my mind. I failed to achieve material things in this life.

Reactions: katagiri83
J

josephk

Jun 19, 2023
People claim to achieve enlightenment (whatever that is). Meditation is the way to go I think. I've struggled to achieve much with it but thats probably just me being me

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Funnily enough, from what you've intimated in your difficulties in letting go of this life, (is that fair to say?) from what I've heard about it- it would be a good thing for you to try to achieve. I think Eckhart Tolle describes it as 'dieing before you die'. I suppose- killing the ego.

I'm not the person to advise though. I imagine @Pluto would be excellent here...

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Yes, Eckhart Tolle's book The Power of Now is the gold standard of gateways for introducing people to this possibility. Beyond that, there are countless approaches, some based on traditions such as Zen, others under the guidance of reputable teachers such as Angelo Dilullo. Despite terminology differences, all reference the same ineffable essence of being. Some individuals will intuit that they resonate more with one approach vs. another.

I was not successful so I don't talk about this topic much anymore, though most people who apply themselves at least achieve some sort of genuine insights into the nature of reality.