• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
Day to day, there is a lot of suffering in life. Especially, as I remember old conversations with friends I used to have & they replay in my mind. How do I forget this person & the friendship I had with them? Any advice will be much appreciated.
Sleep seems like a god-given gift!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: CoalmineCanary
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
It's like my entire life is just how Schopenhauer explained in On the suffering of the world.

CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
I wish I could offer you some advice to help with your suffering but I hope you find comfort at Sanctioned Suicide and feel welcome here.

Reactions: SpinTop555
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
Thanks for the reply. The best thing I found- to deal with suffering- is listening to music, watching reality TV, eating and sleeping. That's all I have. I can't talk to my mum about it because she has never experienced suicidal depression. So, she doesn't know what its like.
The other thing I do is sleep as much as possible because consciousness is so painful.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: CoalmineCanary
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Day to day, there is a lot of suffering in life. Especially, as I remember old conversations with friends I used to have & they replay in my mind. How do I forget this person & the friendship I had with them? Any advice will be much appreciated.
If you can, you need to try and get rid of the things that remind you of your friend and this should lessen the memories of them. If this doesn't help enough then it could be that you have some things that are unresolved about the friendship you had? If so, then you need to talk it through, either on here or wherever.

StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
Distractions help but unfortunately it's possible for them to become less effective

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
One person quoted have the courage to change things you can , the fortitude to accept those you can't and the wisdom to distinguish between the two.

SpinTop555

SpinTop555

Nov 16, 2020
I find only dreamless sleep alleviates any suffering, but my dreams are many and I can find no peace... I wish I knew the answer, probably an obscene amount of alcohol and/or drugs (aside from the obvious, death)

sugar

sugar

Nov 24, 2020
The only thing that ever brings me comfort is knowing there can be a solution to my suffering, any way to overcome this. And in my current circumstances the only thing that brings me comfort is thinking about committing suicide.