salmon

salmon

Waiting for a solution
Nov 12, 2019
It can be about something simple and small, actually I like those the most!

Reactions: Antigonish, b&w and Pen>Sword
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
The more you talk, the more you set yourself up for it to backfire. It seems like every time I express myself, I make things worse. I would have been way better off in life if I kept my mouth shut most of the time. Obviously there are times when it is better to say what's on your mind, but when you do, say as little as possible.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: ohhgeeitsme, Fehler, NeverGoodEnuff and 7 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
"Just be yourself."

It really is the ultimate advice, but it doesn't mean what people who give it think it means. Unfortunately you need to spend your whole lifetime unpacking it to understand what it actually means.

• Love
Reactions: DocNo and salmon
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
You already know.

• Hmph!
  • Love
Reactions: DocNo, 262653, Makko and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
"Aim for the brain stem."
"100m onto concrete or asphalt means certain death."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, 262653, DocNo and 2 others
Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
The more you talk, the more you set yourself up for it to backfire. It seems like every time I express myself, I make things worse. I would have been way better off in life if I kept my mouth shut most of the time. Obviously there are times when it is better to say what's on your mind, but when you do, say as little as possible.
That makes a lot of sense. People take advantage of their knowledge about me in hindsight. Being private is a good advice. Oversharing information that is none of their business definitely backfires in ways that I don't expect.

No comment would be a good idea, unless if it makes me extremely uncomfortable or inconvenient for me.

Reactions: ohhgeeitsme, NeverGoodEnuff and salmon
ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
Forgiving is not forgetting it's remembering and letting go

• Love
Reactions: salmon and DocNo
aeon

aeon

XIII
Dec 6, 2020
Beware of people who talk too much.

• Love
Reactions: Fehler, Pen>Sword, salmon and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Some serious advice I got that I still follow to this day is from my mother (yeah I personally find that shocking lol) anyway what she told me was "dont feed someone something you wouldn't eat yourself" at the time I made a joke, being someone that didn't have much in the way of variety "I guess they don't get to eat very much then lol" but what she meant was whether it was good for eating or not. It might be something stupid, something obvious but I keep this in mind every time I'm in the fridge and considering she was a fucking cunt to me it sparks a good memory so that's a good thing too lol.

Reactions: salmon and signifying nothing
Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
Life is bullshit. A therapist told that to me and my mom once. I've always assumed it was his intent to illustrate that by acknowledging how absurd our lives are that, perhaps through embracing this absurdism, one can somehow salvage some possibility of meaning for themselves. Then again, maybe he was just saying that life is bullshit. And boy is it. Massively so. It was pretty funny at the time, since he'd said the exact same thing to my mother many years before I was even born. At a time when she had actually gone to see him, and then here he was saying it again to me. This was back when I was like 14 or 15, something like that. My mother didn't understand those words when she first heard them, but, over time, came to realize their veracity. So much so, that even she herself started to remark on how life was utter bullshit. When the time came where he said those words to me, it was sort of like coming full circle. Even in the moment, me and my mother couldn't help, but laugh about it and, of course, we wholeheartedly agreed with him. It's too bad I didn't take therapy very seriously back then and just wanted to stay at home. I was young and thought I didn't need anyone's help. I just wanted to be left alone. It wasn't long before I stopped seeing him as a result. Nowadays, if I had the chance to speak with him again, I'd be much more committed to the process and would at least give it a shot to see how it'd go. Sadly, this guy is long dead. Oh well.

There's also a quote by Charles Bukowski which, to me, serves as some of the truest words I've ever seen written. Whether one regards it as advice or not is up to them, but I for one can't imagine a better example of it. Either way, you can see part of it below. The full quote is even more devastatingly honest.

don't do it.
unless it comes out of
your soul like a rocket,
unless being still would
drive you to madness or
suicide or murder,
don't do it.
unless the sun inside you is
burning your gut,
don't do it.

when it is truly time,
and if you have been chosen,
it will do it by
itself and it will keep on doing it
until you die or it dies in you.

there is no other way.

and there never was.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ohhgeeitsme and salmon
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
About life and expectations in general
Being happy is not something attainable, something worth striving for. Happiness is an invention. You should strive for a little contentment every now and then. If you can be content once in a while, that's a good life.

About panic attacks
They pass. They always pass. Always. And then they come back. And then they pass again. You can rest now in the knowledge that they pass.

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens
Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
"who warns is not a traitor" "Nothing is free in this life" "Don't have romantic relationships at work"

Reactions: Antigonish
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
At least 90% of all problems caused by other people can be eliminated by ceasing to want their understanding or help.

• Love
Reactions: ohhgeeitsme, salmon, NodusTollens and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
"Life makes sense backwards but it must be lived forwards".

• Love
Reactions: DocNo, ohhgeeitsme, NodusTollens and 1 other person
B

blahblahhh

Jan 15, 2021
Be kind.

• Love
Reactions: DocNo, ohhgeeitsme, salmon and 2 others
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
Orchids don't need a lot of water :tongue: and stop feeding ducks bread

What to feed ducks 386584 V2 1622df8576f242f9855c7c6f15de30c1

• Hugs
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, Callie Arcale, salmon and 2 others
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
"Question everything"
-George Carlin

So thankful my dad was a fan of his growing up.

Reactions: DocNo, salmon, b&w and 1 other person
FatalSystemError591

FatalSystemError591

{He/They}
Oct 12, 2020
Basically it boiled down to, "There are many types of love in the world, romantic love is just one of them, don't limit your world view." I never forgot that.

• Love
Reactions: Life_and_Death, salmon, Callie Arcale and 1 other person
b&w

b&w

Nov 12, 2020
This wasn't given directly to me, but I read somewhere: "As someone with BPD I don't get close to people or make friends." I realized I should've heeded of this way too late.

• Aww..
Reactions: wordsonscreen
wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
This wasn't given directly to me, but I read somewhere: "As someone with BPD I don't get close to people or make friends." I realized I should've heeded of this way too late.
I understand. It resonates too... I have a much much much harder time letting people in now. But I assure you- with the right people, it so worth it. Our ability to feel so much means we also can love deeply unlike many people <3 It goes in all directions. But I feel this sentiment.

• Love
Reactions: b&w
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
Sometimes you're just a normal person in a fucked up world. Sometimes you're a fucked up person in a even more fucked up world.

Dont point fingers, we're all crazy.

When life gives you lemons, trade them for limes, they go great with tequila.

It's your life, not theirs, do with it what you like.

• Hugs
Reactions: Callie Arcale, wordsonscreen and DocNo
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
If it feels like you're forcing it, then it's likely not meant to happen (at least in that moment). I've known this for years, but...lol.

Also, happiness itself is fleeting. Best to aim to accept life and its circumstances for what they are, and to find contentment. Have also known this for years. Ha. Haha. :(

• Love
Reactions: Callie Arcale