L

LastBitOfJoy

Dec 18, 2023
Life is really not that exciting and full of opportunities as people like to tell.

Actually, life is quite boring and it became more boring these days, with social media and all that everything became so meaningless, on the opportunities take, there are too many people in the world and opportunities always get taken by somebody else before they reach you mostly.

What's the big deal about this life really? I will probably work my whole life in a dead-end job, for what, nothing new. Watching movies, listening music, seeing my family everyday, hobbies, that's it, the things in life you can do are so less, mundane, it's basically same shit everyday.

Life is like a game that forces you to complete missions but giving you very little xp or any awards for them. You need to work all day and you get home tired, you are just gonna go watch netflix and go to bed.

That's how I am looking at it, life actually isn't that good, and worth it. It is overrated.

• Hugs
Reactions: myusername890, Death is beautiful, pthnrdnojvsc and 8 others
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I feel this so much

Reactions: myusername890 and ijustwishtodie
casual_existence

casual_existence

Student
Jul 29, 2023
I think those are things that many people really like about life. I think if we didn't have a pessimistic view of life it might be easier to live.
I think the worst part is that some dickwad takes advantage of those that actually have a reason to live and squeezes them as much as possible. Fuck. That. I will not let some rich fuck or some entitled ass take advantage of me. I'm leaving and taking my pride with me.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, TheBroken and BrainShower
U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
To a lot of people, maybe almost everyone, working towards their personal goals and professional goals is going to be what keeps them alive and keep them going. Mix in fun times and relationships and the sentiment is basically reinforced.

I used to be a part of "those people" but now I caused enough trouble and ruined my life enough that I just gave up and joined the other side

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: wtfislife and TheBroken
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
It's passionate goals. It must be both at once though. Hobbies are passions, but they can't all be made into goals. Say your hobby is listening to music, you are a passive consumer of the music. And then on the flip side, say your parents force you to do piano competitions, and you make it your goal to be good at playing the piano, but you actually hate playing instruments. That's not going to keep you alive either.

If you have a passionate goal though, say you love medical technology and you think it would be wonderful to cure cancer, you have a lifelong goal in something that you do for fun! And well, it doesn't matter how out of reach it may feel, because you enjoy the aspect of writing code and making circuits, and you can feel that you're moving in a forward direction.

I don't think people are ever fine with staying in the same place. That's how it gets monotonous, repetitive, and meaningless.

jacarandagarden

jacarandagarden

Errare humanum est
Jan 14, 2024
I also struggle with finding excitement in life. As I grew up observing others (mainly my sisters & friends), I noticed how proactive people are in regards to achieving the goals they set for themselves in life. I think that attitude towards life is a reason why they can see the good in it.

I've always failed at creating and achieving my goals due to seeing no future for myself. Overtime, when one of my sisters starts to hate her new job, she says she'll quit and find a better paying job. Then she finds that new job and quits her old one. For a few months, she's content with her situation. I think for these people, with the help of their goals, they look for potential opportunities and/or joys in the future which encourages them to keep going.

P

piryohae3

Jan 2, 2024
Life can be exciting if you have time, money, and energy to enjoy it.

Reactions: myusername890, BrainShower and divinemistress36
TheBroken

TheBroken

What Really Matters Anymore?
Feb 13, 2022
Life is really not that exciting and full of opportunities as people like to tell.

Actually, life is quite boring and it became more boring these days, with social media and all that everything became so meaningless, on the opportunities take, there are too many people in the world and opportunities always get taken by somebody else before they reach you mostly.

What's the big deal about this life really? I will probably work my whole life in a dead-end job, for what, nothing new. Watching movies, listening music, seeing my family everyday, hobbies, that's it, the things in life you can do are so less, mundane, it's basically same shit everyday.

Life is like a game that forces you to complete missions but giving you very little xp or any awards for them. You need to work all day and you get home tired, you are just gonna go watch netflix and go to bed.

That's how I am looking at it, life actually isn't that good, and worth it. It is overrated.
You can work two jobs for life and never save enough to retire - mostly just go towards medical expenses and nursing home care in the end. Life used to be full of friendships and neighborhoods and carrers/advancement and other things to look forward to, but now it's just polluted, hardened, violent, and filthy. Get a few good meals and take in some streaming entertainment/music, then go to bed and repeat the next days slaving for just enough to buy another few weeks or a month. Get injured or make a less-than-optimal financial choice and welcome to living in your car or on the streets. There is no bright future ahead for anyone but the wealthy. Have a drink, watch stuff so you cn be advertised to for products/drugs, and repeat. Wish there was more ..... sadly not ....

Reactions: YandereMikuMistress, Hollowman and BrainShower
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yeah, life sucks. I never asked to be here in the first place and yet I'm forced to slave away for my entire life. I don't have any goals or a dream job as I never asked to be here and, besides, even if I did have a goal, it'd get tossed away because my lack of social skills makes it difficult than what it's actually worth to fulfil any goals. I think people like me who never wanted to participate in life to begin with should be allowed access to the option of a peaceful death. Nonetheless, that will never happen in reality so I need to free myself from this fucking society by killing myself

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think the thing the normies struggle to come to terms with is- life maybe isn't for everyone and- it certainly isn't fair. Many people simply don't have strong ambitions or things they like in life. Couple that with a strong dislike of almost everything they end up having to do and- why would they want to hang around?!! Other people do have ambitions but for whatever reason- they can't fulfil them- and why would they wany to live an unfulfilled life?

Reactions: myusername890 and Hollowman
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Reactions: divinemistress36
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I've never saw existence as something appealing at all, in fact I've always seen having the ability to exist as very burdensome and futile, existence is an imposition and I find it tragic how humans continue to procreate. To me simply being conscious and aware is tiring, I only see the eternal nothingness as desirable and I'd always prefer to not exist.

Reactions: myusername890