eternalappraiser

eternalappraiser

May 8, 2020
I've been "trying to get better" for more than half of my life now, and so far nothing has worked (I'm sure that's not that uncommon).

My therapist recently told me that they can't help me (later clarified, they meant they can't help me right now), and I don't think I've ever gained much from traditional talk therapy or CBT/DBT.

I've thought about going to a psychiatrist again but I just don't really see the point in it, have those drugs ever worked or helped anyone? Because I've been in the past, so I know my experiences.

I have a date in mind but before that time comes I'm wondering if I should trip again.

My main struggles so far have been alienation due to autism, difficulties in the "real world" due to adhd, and low self-esteem that feeds my (incurable) body dysmorphia. Also, I don't even really believe I have a "neurodivergent" brain, I really think I was just traumatized and not raised right as a child. Not to discredit anyone else's diagnosis, I just mean me personally (I don't really suffer from any of them but they're the best way to encapsulate what I go through).

I'm doing all the things like workout, college, sleeping, socializing, etc., but I still feel like I'm missing something and a have a general apathy. I really relate to a lot of animes like Evangelion, Monster (mostly the ending, I'm not malicious), Welcome to the NHK, and manga like Boy's Abyss. So I know I'm not the only person that's ever felt this way but I just don't see how I'm supposed to get better, considering I've tried? My dad is the same as me and has struggled his whole life and I just don't really want that for myself.

Thanks for any and all advice!!!

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hollowillow, theboy, jodes2 and 1 other person
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I have autism and ADHD too, it's a struggle. Sorry you had to watch your dad go through the same. Meds help for ADHD but there's nothing for autism

Reactions: eternalappraiser
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
You could take an hour with the psychiatrist. What do you have to lose? I hope you have peace

Reactions: jodes2 and eternalappraiser
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
I've been "trying to get better" for more than half of my life now, and so far nothing has worked (I'm sure that's not that uncommon).

My therapist recently told me that they can't help me (later clarified, they meant they can't help me right now), and I don't think I've ever gained much from traditional talk therapy or CBT/DBT.

I've thought about going to a psychiatrist again but I just don't really see the point in it, have those drugs ever worked or helped anyone? Because I've been in the past, so I know my experiences.

I have a date in mind but before that time comes I'm wondering if I should trip again.

My main struggles so far have been alienation due to autism, difficulties in the "real world" due to adhd, and low self-esteem that feeds my (incurable) body dysmorphia. Also, I don't even really believe I have a "neurodivergent" brain, I really think I was just traumatized and not raised right as a child. Not to discredit anyone else's diagnosis, I just mean me personally (I don't really suffer from any of them but they're the best way to encapsulate what I go through).

I'm doing all the things like workout, college, sleeping, socializing, etc., but I still feel like I'm missing something and a have a general apathy. I really relate to a lot of animes like Evangelion, Monster (mostly the ending, I'm not malicious), Welcome to the NHK, and manga like Boy's Abyss. So I know I'm not the only person that's ever felt this way but I just don't see how I'm supposed to get better, considering I've tried? My dad is the same as me and has struggled his whole life and I just don't really want that for myself.

Thanks for any and all advice!!!
I'm sure it must be extra hard for you...

But I wish we could just drop labels & be ourselves.

Some services are only for autistic people, like job placement... I envied them at some point. Then got brain damaged from a car hitting me... I think introverts probably get the label. I think extroverts are narrow minded & need us.

Best wishes recovering from traumas

Reactions: eternalappraiser