U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
I'm not normal. I dropped out of community college out of fear. I never got a job out a fear and did horrible things because of my fear. So what's like for those of you who didn't let your fear stop you from getting a job? What's it like being a normal person?

CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
First off, normal is a meaningless word.

Having a fulfilling career obviously boosts your self-esteem, as well opening up opportunities across the board (socially and financially), but it doesn't guarantee you happiness. It's basically the gateway to a better life.

If you don't take risks in life, then unfortunately, you'll never realise your true potential, and likely to be left feeling rather unsatisfied.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: itstimeforexit, LonelyKitten, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
N

nom de guerre

Aug 22, 2023
Is there any normie in this forum?

• Love
Reactions: ultrasharpy123456
A

Anon7b8

Experienced
Aug 21, 2023
You can try doing stuff you can inside the confines of your own home. Make some crafts or art you can sell online, or find a job that you can do inside. Take the most risk you can handle. No need to push yourself too hard. Don't be so stressed about being normal. You'll get further disappointed.

• Love
Reactions: ultrasharpy123456 and CW36
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It depends if you're doing a job you enjoy. Even if you are doing a job you enjoy- constantly tired, constantly stressed, spend most of your free time simply just recovering from your job. If you hate your job on top of that, you will feel anxiety, hatred and depression throughout the day but- you'll have to mask that. It's only when you get home that you'll be able to cry.

I've done all sorts. Wage slave retail jobs. Head of Department jobs and freelance. When I went for the Head of Department jobs- that in a big way was my attempt to feel 'normal'. To become a legitimate member of society with a meaningful sounding job title. In actuality, I didn't find it personally fulfilling at all. I just found it stressful.

I think in a way, the worst thing is what other people expect of you. Not that I'm in touch much with my family but when I am- it's obvious my Dad has been speaking to them. I'm freelance now- which has meant dry patches with no work. I'm also terrible at finances. I'm basically not earning enough. Still- I haven't asked my Dad for money- that's what he's really worrying about I know. He'll go into a: 'Well, I hated my job' speech if I talk about it. That's the worst of it really- it's just expected that you should do a job you hate. Honestly, I hate the world of work. It's my number one reason for wanting to CTB. Why on earth would I do I job I hate to support a life I don't want to live anyway? It's ridiculous.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Praestat_Mori, Mauersegler and 3 others
U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
It depends if you're doing a job you enjoy. Even if you are doing a job you enjoy- constantly tired, constantly stressed, spend most of your free time simply just recovering from your job. If you hate your job on top of that, you will feel anxiety, hatred and depression throughout the day but- you'll have to mask that. It's only when you get home that you'll be able to cry.

I've done all sorts. Wage slave retail jobs. Head of Department jobs and freelance. When I went for the Head of Department jobs- that in a big way was my attempt to feel 'normal'. To become a legitimate member of society with a meaningful sounding job title. In actuality, I didn't find it personally fulfilling at all. I just found it stressful.

I think in a way, the worst thing is what other people expect of you. Not that I'm in touch much with my family but when I am- it's obvious my Dad has been speaking to them. I'm freelance now- which has meant dry patches with no work. I'm also terrible at finances. I'm basically not earning enough. Still- I haven't asked my Dad for money- that's what he's really worrying about I know. He'll go into a: 'Well, I hated my job' speech if I talk about it. That's the worst of it really- it's just expected that you should do a job you hate. Honestly, I hate the world of work. It's my number one reason for wanting to CTB. Why on earth would I do I job I hate to support a life I don't want to live anyway? It's ridiculous.
I couldn't agree more with the last part. I mean really I agree with all of it but especially the last part.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nezumi04 and Forever Sleep
Nezumi04

Nezumi04

Aug 18, 2023
I'm not normal. I dropped out of community college out of fear. I never got a job out a fear and did horrible things because of my fear. So what's like for those of you who didn't let your fear stop you from getting a job? What's it like being a normal person?
Although I pushed through my fears to improve and get a job.. be normal. I'm still socially anxious all the time... always wearing a public social mask. People might see me as a normal person, but I don't feel like I am. Just trying to function at normal everyday life can feel tiring.

And, honestly, I feel like a mindless slave going to work just to keep a roof over my head. It's not like I Want to have a job, just something I'm forced to do (even when feeling depressed, etc)... then when I come home, I feel lonely 'cause it's just me.... It can be nice doing whatever during free time with no one to bother or question me... But, at the same time, I'm wondering what's the point of continuing the cycle of monotony if I'm unhappy or feeling so empty. Even after you conquer fears and get a job, appear normal... you still gotta find reasons to live for and find what makes you happy... find a meaning in life. Getting basic needs met, doesn't necessarily follow that you'll suddenly experience happiness. If it did, I wouldn't be on here.

• Hugs
Reactions: LonelyKitten, ultrasharpy123456 and Praestat_Mori
U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
Although I pushed through my fears to improve and get a job.. be normal. I'm still socially anxious all the time... always wearing a public social mask. People might see me as a normal person, but I don't feel like I am. Just trying to function at normal everyday life can feel tiring.

And, honestly, I feel like a mindless slave going to work just to keep a roof over my head. It's not like I Want to have a job, just something I'm forced to do (even when feeling depressed, etc)... then when I come home, I feel lonely 'cause it's just me.... It can be nice doing whatever during free time with no one to bother or question me... But, at the same time, I'm wondering what's the point of continuing the cycle of monotony if I'm unhappy or feeling so empty. Even after you conquer fears and get a job, appear normal... you still gotta find reasons to live for and find what makes you happy... find a meaning in life. Getting basic needs met, doesn't necessarily follow that you'll suddenly experience happiness. If it did, I wouldn't be on here.
The monotony is something I relate to- a lot. I get feeling empty and feeling the pointlessness of life.

F

flyaway

Jul 11, 2020
I've been into several jobs which in general were shitty ones. While I felt being "normal" doing them, it was just for a short period of time. After that I realized it's simply not worth it. I don't really fear getting a job, I don't have motivation doing something just to get by though. A good job would significantly improve my situation but for such job there will always be someone who is better than me so it's basically impossible to get one. Simply having a job doesn't bring happiness, for me it would also have to be enjoyable or at least less stressful and relatively well-paid. But that's not something a person like me could achieve.

• Informative
xxpinkmoonglitterxx

xxpinkmoonglitterxx

My Tears Ricochet
Mar 24, 2023
Let me know if you find the answer please.