Fire&Ash

Fire&Ash

Experienced
Apr 15, 2020
I've been very snappy this past month and 1/2. I take Wellbutrin 150mg and I didn't feel angry the months before that on it. It feels like anything sets me off, like if my sister isn't getting to the point of explaining something, babysitting kids, or something else idk I would like to think I would get so angry/ frustrated and I tell my mom I'm so mad and I don't know why and that maybe it's my medicine and she said to cut it in half. I told my sister who is a nurse about my anger and I think it's my meds and she said "stop blaming it on your meds." Have I always been this angry and had no patience or is it just now? Anyone have experience being angry taking this med after some time?

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and XYZ
tsuina

tsuina

Aug 15, 2020
oh, it is definitely the wellbutrin. i had the same exact experience on it. some people swear by wellbutrin, but it can have some horrible emotional side effects for some people.. like us.
i would start BAWLING my eyes out over nothing, not just small tears, but literally weeping over my mother driving over a bump in the road. or i'd get extreme fits of rage where i'd punch things randomly.. it all began when i started wellbutrin, about 2 weeks into taking it. i had (have) some anger issues to begin with, but it put my emotions on overdrive and made me go mad with rage.. and the random outbursts of crying.

the witch’s lament

the witch’s lament

Sep 5, 2020
I've been very snappy this past month and 1/2. I take Wellbutrin 150mg and I didn't feel angry the months before that on it. It feels like anything sets me off, like if my sister isn't getting to the point of explaining something, babysitting kids, or something else idk I would like to think I would get so angry/ frustrated and I tell my mom I'm so mad and I don't know why and that maybe it's my medicine and she said to cut it in half. I told my sister who is a nurse about my anger and I think it's my meds and she said "stop blaming it on your meds." Have I always been this angry and had no patience or is it just now? Anyone have experience being angry taking this med after some time?
hey sorry you're feeling this way. first and foremost, with any medication I'd recommend speaking to your prescriber about your excessive irritability. they are going to be your best resource for this symptom. maybe a decrease would help, I can't say for sure. what I can speak to is my personal experience with wellbutrin. I love it! I take 300mg xr daily and it has been the most consistent of my meds to alleviate my depression for the past year or so. specifically the reeling thoughts, the impulsiveness. and these things lend themselves to anger. I am on an SSRI, stimulant, and anxiolytic med in concert with it. but I personally have enjoyed my time with it, as have those who I have spoken to. still wanna CTB, still am very sad, but it has been consistent with lowering these intrusive and impulsive thoughts. hope this helps in some way, and much love :)

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I have the same experience with Wellbutrin. Ask your doctor for something else!

Fire&Ash

Fire&Ash

Experienced
Apr 15, 2020
I wasn't this snappy when I first started it, it has been months since then so...?

Reactions: Deleted member 4993