goingoutinstyle

goingoutinstyle

Jul 29, 2021
Here's mine! These things are all basically impossible except in my daydreams.

Things pertaining to my life specifically:
  • My face is incredibly beautiful, and my skin is always nice
  • I can eat whatever I want and exercise however much (or little) I want while maintaining great health and having my body look exactly how I want it to look (really skinny)
  • I can speak Chinese fluently so I can communicate easier with my relatives
  • I am not depressed anymore
  • I live with my best friend in a seaside cottage in a small Northern California town
  • I spend my time climbing the rocks in the headlands, writing and illustrating children's books, playing piano, gardening, baking, sewing, eating without worrying about gaining weight
  • I never have to worry about any finances
  • I have a few close friends and a few more not-as-close friends, all of whom I feel comfortable around and whom I can have a good time with
  • I die before my parents do

Things pertaining to the world in general:
  • Climate change is not a problem and the environment is guaranteed to always be in very good condition, while still having power and running water and resources and abundant food
  • Various injustices and systems of oppression are eliminated (exploitation of the Global South, systemic racism, economic inequality, patriarchy, etc)
  • Very good public transport system
  • Cities and towns are designed for pedestrians rather than for cars—walkable, lots of nature, public spaces
  • Universal healthcare
  • Basically a utopia :(

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Midgardsorm, Panna and 9 others
A

archipelago

Student
Jun 27, 2021
I smiled when I read about the seaside cottage. It's my dream, too. Has been since I was a kid.

This is really beautiful.

• Love
Reactions: goingoutinstyle and Lostandlooking
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
You've given this a lot of thought, I like how you've thought about the kind of world you'd like to live in. (no oppression/climate change and good social systems)

I'll keep it simple, what came to mind for me; Having enough money to live independently for the rest of my life, and living in an isolated house in the woods. I would avoid human contact as much as possible. Ideally only talking to my sister and boyfriend.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, goingoutinstyle, auror. and 1 other person
Tomoko

Tomoko

Unpopular
Aug 12, 2021
Legitimately just being able to live engaging in my passions for a living without having to dread waking up for work every day. For all I care I could live alone in a studio apartment as long as I could spend my days making music or writing and not having to worry about paying bills or taxes.

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, goingoutinstyle, Panna and 3 others
author

author

they/them
Jul 13, 2021
Honestly, we have a similar ideal.

• I also want to live in a small house or cottage, maybe by a forest or the ocean. I'd decorate it to my tastes and comfort. If it's in the forest, I want there to be a stream nearby where I can run around. Maybe a waterfall. I'd make myself tea every day and write stories to the sound of the water.
  • A closet of clothes I actually like and feel comfortable in, and they never get scratchy or have those lint balls after washing.
  • I'd want to fall in love.
  • I want to be a shapeshifter. Not in a sort of big deal kind of way, I just want to change the way I look whenever I want. Maybe I want gold eyes today - maybe hazel tomorrow. I could make my body look any way I want without the use of body modifications.
  • I want to be healthy, no longer experiencing my chronic pain and with no danger to ever have chronic pain again. I could walk, run, dance, do anything I wanted to.
  • I want to have my close friends either live nearby, with me, or be able to visit me whenever.
  • I'd have enough money to live comfortably and make as much art as I want without having to worry about going hungry.
  • People would like my art/music/stories and I'd have a comfortable fanbase of kind people.
  • No more hallucinations, delusions, unwanted symptoms of my mental illness. Some of my mental illnesses are a part of me, that I don't want to get rid of, but the ones I do want to get rid of? Gone.
  • Perfect internet, all the time. No matter where I am.
  • At the end of the day, I just want to be safe, happy, loved, and not have to worry about my finances as I work on the art that I love...
For the world it'd be similar to yours as well. Universal healthcare, no climate change, wealth of the 1% redistributed to end poverty, cities are designed for people instead of cars, accessible transport, better disability rights, lgbtq+ rights, no bigotry or oppression... Like you said, basically a utopia.

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, goingoutinstyle, archipelago and 3 others
A

auror.

Jun 7, 2021
My complete Ideal:
  • I'd be content most of the time. With a high self-esteem and no anxiety.
  • I'd never have to work for money, because I'd always have more than enough.
  • I would write speculative sci-if novels and short stories. Stuff that would get published, and stuff that wouldn't.
  • I'd work part-time in AI and climate change initiatives.
  • I would read, travel, and stargaze a lot. Also, I'd learn more about astronomy and anthropology.
  • I want to become fluent in French and learn many other languages too.
  • I'd have my genome sequenced and use that info to make the perfect health and lifestyle choices for me.
  • I'd like to play the piano and guitar, and maybe even paint sometimes.
  • My depression brain says I'd ideally never interact with people, only androids. But really, I'd prefer lifelong friends who understand me.
There are many other things I'd like to do too. This is just a starting point. I need to have different activities to switch between so that when I get bored with one thing, it's not painful.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: goingoutinstyle, Lostandlooking and Alwaysbadtime
NasiGoreng

NasiGoreng

Experienced
Aug 11, 2021
If I could take my anxiety and pain away... Then my life would be like a dream

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, goingoutinstyle, FuneralCry and 2 others
superbad

superbad

Aug 25, 2021
I don't have one; you could give me everything I've ever wanted or yearned for, nothing would get rid of my despair. My life is fine, I'm my own problem.

• Hugs
Reactions: 21stcenturycamus, kurisutinabestgirl, ShornSoloists and 4 others
F

fiona apple juice

Aug 24, 2021
Happiness

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, goingoutinstyle, FuneralCry and 5 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Not being alive at all, i feel even if I had everything one could ever desire in this world I would still be miserable.

• Hugs
Reactions: kurisutinabestgirl, ShornSoloists, goingoutinstyle and 4 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
1. Broom
2. Cauldron
3. Pet tentacle monster

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: goingoutinstyle, Midgardsorm, archipelago and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Of course for me, it would be to no longer exist. I just want to sleep forever. However if I had to live, I would live in the isolated countryside with many animals, away from all people. My life would have very little suffering, and I would have good health. I would never get old.

• Hugs
Reactions: kurisutinabestgirl, ShornSoloists, goingoutinstyle and 4 others
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
My life lately is so horrible that living in a house that doesn't fall apart and having a comfy job seems like a dream.

If we go to a unrealistic side, it would be to have a pool, live with someone I can tolerate and work as engineer. And if we go to something more crazy I would like to be full of shit and work in paranormal stuff and live careless of what a normal person should be.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: goingoutinstyle, AtMostOkay, Celerity and 1 other person
aviation

aviation

It's time to go home.
Jul 30, 2021
I just want to be home. I'm not 'unhappy' here, I don't know what happy or unhappy means in this context, I can't get to that here. Nothing in this world has any weight for me, not because I 'dislike' or 'hate' it here, because that would require me to be part of it enough to be able to get to that. I enjoy watching people here, and where they go, as much as I can enjoy observing. Sometimes I feel like I'm watching an ant hill, and I don't mean that in a demeaning way. It's interesting to see what people here do, but that has the extent it can have when one is watching an ant hill, and seeing what happens in it, the things they do and making observations and interpretations. I am human, in the sense of species, but my groundwork is not that of this world, and that defines everything here. I just want to be back home, so that I can finally just be. Everything I understand and can apply and can get to is shaped by my groundwork, just like people's groundwork here shapes them. I can actually ask myself questions like this, then. I can have dreams, I can be happy or unhappy, but I can be.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, goingoutinstyle, FuneralCry and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
After compiling my list, I realized I'm boring AF. I guess I'm just stuck in that bare minimum, reductionist kind of thinking depression puts you in. My imagination has been ground down to a nub, lol.

1. I'm in a love with a woman I understand and who understands me.
2. My career pays decently, uses my brain, and does genuine good in the world.
3. I live in Norway and speak fluent Norwegian.
4. On my property is a beautiful garden of edible and decorative plants, which I maintain.
5. My body is in excellent physical condition. No chronic conditions or pain. Peak cardiovascular health. Strong muscles (but not 'roid-ragey).
6. I have written a book or two, and I at least think they're awesome even if the world doesn't.
7. I can play the drums like Steve Gadd and guitar like Eric Clapton.

• Love
Reactions: Shadowplay, goingoutinstyle, author and 2 others
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Living in Idaho up in the mountains
Getting married
Having a child
Fixing my self esteem
Having a nice low stress job
Making her life magical regardless of obstacles

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, goingoutinstyle, Midgardsorm and 2 others
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
Being a loved and happy person and live my life to the fullest.with a true family,true friends,a soulmate,a purpouse.Without ever knowing mental illnesses, especially depression.

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, FuneralCry, AtMostOkay and 1 other person
NasiGoreng

NasiGoreng

Experienced
Aug 11, 2021
After compiling my list, I realized I'm boring AF. I guess I'm just stuck in that bare minimum, reductionist kind of thinking depression puts you in. My imagination has been ground down to a nub, lol.

1. I'm in a love with a woman I understand and who understands me.
2. My career pays decently, uses my brain, and does genuine good in the world.
3. I live in Norway and speak fluent Norwegian.
4. On my property is a beautiful garden of edible and decorative plants, which I maintain.
5. My body is in excellent physical condition. No chronic conditions or pain. Peak cardiovascular health. Strong muscles (but not 'roid-ragey).
6. I have written a book or two, and I at least think they're awesome even if the world doesn't.
7. I can play the drums like Steve Gadd and guitar like Eric Clapton.
I can teach you Norwegian no worries, but im not easy to love and understand

SleepDealer

SleepDealer

Your Imaginary Friend
Aug 13, 2021
Finally, I can be as unrealistic as I want. Here's my delusional little daydream:
  • The world looks like something out of a Ghibli movie. With magic, of course.
  • I'd have no family or blood relations of any kind. Let's just say I popped into existence.
  • I'd like to be reasonably health, both physically and mentally. It's hard to imagine life without my trauma though.
  • I'd be a full-fledged man with man parts. I'd still like to be pretty though, I've always preferred feminine boys.
  • My home would be cozy, private and surrounded by nature. I'd like to be around a lot of trees and water, especially a waterfall.
  • Maybe I'll be an adventurer. Exploring the world, helping people out, and building artisanal skills would be amazing.
  • Boundless strength and energy would be cool, I want to run around, jump, and climb like someone out of a video game.
  • Shapeshifting would be fun too so I'm stealing that idea.
  • Feminine boyfriend.
  • Cool technology.
  • Cute garden.
  • Friends.
I always have this fear in the back of my mind that I'll still be unhappy even if my every wish comes true. It's a strange fear because of course, one of my wishes is to be happy.
I used to have realistic desires but the idea of being happy in a "realistic" scenario is so far beyond me that my fantasies have to be wildly unrealistic, otherwise I'll only be able to think of all the reasons why it'll never happen, why it won't make me happy, and why everything will go wrong.

Wait, wait, I forgot:
  • No unwanted body hair, and ultimately no need to shave or wax ever again. Not just for me either, I'll be nice and say that everyone has exactly as much hair as they want.
  • No more bodily waste. Yep. Seriously. The stomach is now some kind of super efficient incinerator and everything beyond it is mostly vestigial and exists for other purposes.
  • No periods. I may be a man in this fictional world, but I will not forget what it's like to be a woman.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, WrongPlaceWrongTime, goingoutinstyle and 2 others
V

ven

Aug 11, 2021
Able to sustain living on the Moon in solitude, possession of an excellent quality telescope, and the ability to launch unlimited Rods of God toward Earth with absolute precision.

• Wow
Reactions: goingoutinstyle
arie

arie

yeah idk anymore
May 21, 2021
My unrealistic wishes:
  • I'd want to truly fall in love and have a healthy relationship with that person
  • Design a giant theme park, just like how I'd did on Rollercoaster Tycoon
  • I want to find a topic that genuinely excites and interests me, so that I would be able to make a career out of it
  • To be able to visualize and remember things about my life and my future wishes
  • To run a sports bar where people come to and watch the big game
  • To feel comfortable looking at myself, to post pictures of myself without feeling ashamed
  • To not regret every thing I say after talking someone I just met
  • A world where I feel proud of myself and where I don't think people are being sarcastic when I get a compliment once in a year
  • To have a healthy relationships with the people I really care about
  • And so much more ...

• Love
Reactions: goingoutinstyle, Celerity and Panna
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Live in Night City (Cyberpunk) and have enough money for all the best cyber mods.

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I would like to be some kind of terminator robot with super strength and freed from the ability to suffer/feel physical pain and any hormonal activity.

I'd then spend my days wandering around because I finally could without being limited by my physical disability and talk to those people I'd deem interesting enough/ anonymously help some like some kind of super-hero & kill billionaires while fighting against climate change.

Then when settling down (in some form of energy-wise self-sustaining building) I'd love to live pretty much excluded from society in maybe a part of the UK or New Zealand and communicate longterm only via the phone/internet and get pretty much entertained by media all day.

I'd also buy houses/give money to those few people I kinda like and who I think deserve it.

I'd probably also have a rescue cat and a special animal caretaker for it since I can get overwhelmed by having something to care for just on my own.

I'd also have a self-distract-button I would use when I felt that my time had come.

• Wow
Reactions: goingoutinstyle, Panna and summers
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
*Sharpens axe*

*Deadlifts person onto the chopping block*

*Chop*

*Receives payment in SN, hands it out to those in need*

Phosphophyllite

Phosphophyllite

Aug 8, 2021
  • I don't have trauma.
  • I'm physically and mentally healthy.
  • I have a normal, loving, middle class family.
  • I have very close friends, and maybe a partner. I might be asexual & aromantic, though.
  • My potential is not wasted.
  • I have a cat and a dog.
  • I can travel to other worlds.

• Love
Reactions: ghost_ and FuneralCry
ghost_

ghost_

Boo!
Nov 10, 2021
oh man I think about this all the time!

for myself my silly dream is
  • I'd have a nice cottage in the woods with a nice library inside
  • I'd have a big green house and grow all my food
  • I'd have chickens and a goat and a dog
  • the only responsibilities I'd have are the greenhouse and animals
  • I'd be able to read and write all day long
  • id be able to go hiking and swim in lakes around the cottage
the for the world of course I'd want everyone to be healthy, happy and for all of us to get along together. Climate change would be fixed, world hunger would be gone no more poverty, no war. everyone is okay.

I daydream about this a lot.

• Love
Reactions: Celerity, Lostandlooking and newave3
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think my ego would want me to be the very best at something I enjoy doing. Living in basically my own custom-tailored isekai fantasy world, harem and all, would also probably be neat.

Even if you added infinite wealth and access to everything I want all the time I'd probably still find a way to whine about it. Oh well.