In one piece.

• Yay!
Reactions: jatty, prettycvnt, Hysteria and 1 other person
SaveOurLastGoodbye

SaveOurLastGoodbye

Looking at bus schedules
Jan 14, 2024
question is title
I would write to my family and few friends I'm sorry to leave them behind, but that I'm also too tired and alone to keep on going.

Reactions: fkyou, wtfislife and almondmilk
Neverfeltdeader

Neverfeltdeader

Can you hear me drift away?
Dec 12, 2021
The note is such a struggle for me to write. Thinking about leaving two, one for my husband and one for my friends. I will of course write a long apology for being selfish, but also an explanation of why I decided to go. There will be a request for someone to take care of our pets if my husband also decides to ctb after I'm gone. I also want to request that people get wasted at my favorite bar.
Damn, this all sounds selfish as fuck.

Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
If for some reason I decide to write one I'd just say that it's nothing that could've been prevented, I was just dealt a shitty hand of cards without the knowledge to use them right.

Definitely a reference to The Gambler by Kenny Roger's

Reactions: MeaningDork
dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
I would apologize for my decision and let people know that I know they don't understand and that they actually should be glad if they don't understand.
I would also tell people I loved that I loved them for real and that they were my reason to stick around for a while longer and that they kept helping me even though they weren't always aware, that they shouldn't feel any guilt. I am 100% grateful for living my life with them.
Assuring them that this is what I really wanted, that I didn't have any goals or dreams and that I'm completely fine with leaving life.
Also letting them know that I didn't tell anyone on purpose. That they shouldn't feel guilty for not figuring it out on their own because I was trying to hide it.

Reactions: GreenGlassDoor, TheSoloBandit and murun_b
RedHates

RedHates

Purple is a neut.
Jun 21, 2023
I'd firstly apologise to my dad. He tried so desperately hard to keep me away from suicide. But I'd mention all the trauma I went through as a kid. About how my mom abused me and how that affected me. Then the last thing I'd mention is all the shit my half brother did to me. Maybe they would understand by that point.

• Hugs
Reactions: PROJECT: Extase
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
"I never wanted to be here in the first place."

Reactions: MeaningDork and ijustwishtodie
BlackMoon

BlackMoon

Peace-seeker
Oct 30, 2023
Why I did it, asking them to hate me, and to find success in life.

Reactions: GreenGlassDoor
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'd just explain how the peace of eternal sleep was always more desirable to decaying and deteriorating from age in this existence filled with suffering.

Krokodile

Krokodile

Nov 18, 2023
If I end up using the method I intend to I'll leave a brief note for the authorities to explain cause of death, just so they don't waste too much time and effort trying to figure it out.

Reactions: GreenGlassDoor, TheSoloBandit and MeaningDork
Hysteria

Hysteria

Crimson
Jan 8, 2024
I wouldn't want to leave a note because people won't understand it as they failed to understand me for 29 years.

Still, I'll leave a few notes:

1 I'll put the first note right at the entrance door to warn whoever comes first. So, they can decide not to experience the trauma and call people who are ready to take it.

2 Further inside, I'll leave a note that clarifies it's a suicide. So, the authorities don't have to investigate people who are truly innocent in the outcome.

3 At my body, I'll leave a note to my family. So, when they get my body, they don't have to debate what to do with it. I don't want burning or traditional funerals because I don't believe in them doing any good. My note will tell them to donate the body and all belongings (cash, computers, servers) to research. My family failed me. I believe in my research partners to further implement the AI I designed.

I hope with my organic brain dead, my artificial mind will continue working towards the goals I wanted to achieve but couldn't because mental sickness (and people who didn't help) killed me.

Reactions: GreenGlassDoor
iusedtobehappy

iusedtobehappy

Experienced
Dec 2, 2023
I have mine written. I never write for the most part, just type so hope they can read it. It's nothing specific, it's easy to know why, but directions and who to call about my body and ends with much love. Very simple.

prettycvnt

prettycvnt

Dec 15, 2023
"i'm sorry" not for ctb, but for being a burden

Reactions: migimortis
CemeteryPet

CemeteryPet

Buried Alive
Jan 10, 2024
I wasn't planning on leaving one but I realized I needed to give intructions on how to take care of my dog (she's the only person I really care about) + refuse a funeral. While at it, I will briefly explain the reason as to why I had to take my own life.

TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
I personally would explain in detail why i killed myself, how my mind operated and how i see the world ect.

I would tell them what mental purgatory is, permanent never ending charcoal smeared over everything, only food and alcohol reduce the extreme lows and only enough to reduce my paralysing brain lock.

Wouldn't be a novel but i would type up something even if it's just for me to have one last "fuck you" vent.

L

lotus_pink

Jan 14, 2024
have you guys ever seen suicide notes being public/shared around after death against the deceased's wishes? I would like to know that very much. That would keep me from sharing what I truly think.

Reactions: GreenGlassDoor and DeathsShootingStar
DeathsShootingStar

DeathsShootingStar

Jan 15, 2024
I think I would write about how much I really loved those around me. My trauma. Why I did it. How to take care of my body when I'm found, what to do with my belongings. How I am not selfish for doing it but it is selfish of them to force me to "live for them" just to keep me around while I feel (not putting all that here) about life & myself. I may or may not apologize for certain things, to certain people, but I know the letter would become 4 pages at least of information for everything/everyone. Who I trust with certain things, what I want burned, etc. I know no one would understand & honestly a few might follow me down after the realization. Hell, I KNOW a few would follow me into whatever afterlife (or not) there is. Hopefully they understand. Though I won't put it past anyone if they don't. They clearly don't understand now as I live so. *shrugs*

migimortis

migimortis

Love It Or Waste It.
Jan 15, 2024
I came close once and wrote a note. It was just rambling about how much I hated myself. I would probably still keep it that way while maybe saying sorry to whoever I hurt and wishing them well.

vampire2002

vampire2002

weeb & neet ♡
Oct 8, 2023
in my past notes i've just come clean and written about who abused me and everything that built up and drove me to that point. nobody read it because i failed, but if i were to try to write another note again it'd probably be the same thing. i want them to hate my abusers for what they did to me.

Reactions: migimortis
tabby

tabby

experiencing the horrors
Aug 16, 2023
'i love you's and apologies to the people i love and assurance that this is what is best for me

J

JustTrying

Nov 7, 2023
No note. I'd just CTB.

Kinda sound selfish, but what's the point of closure to give them any sort of attachment.

GreenGlassDoor

GreenGlassDoor

life is but a dream
Oct 25, 2023
Im worried about going into too much detail on my thought process/what lead me to ctb in my letter.
On one hand, im sure my family would want answers as to why I did what I did, but I also dont want to traumatize them further.
I could either give them a warning and explain an edited-down version of my diary entries; which would be less traumatizing, but less cathartic on my end.
Or I could warn them, and then tell them the various locations of my diaries; which would be more traumatic but it would bring me peace.
One part of my knows that minimizing damadge is a goal of this letter, but another part says that suicide is selfish enough as it is, whats a little bit more…
Idk, maybe ill leave it out entirely and just tell them not to worry. But even that seems shitty.

notherenotnow

notherenotnow

Oct 7, 2023
Just a quick apology and maybe I would explain how I did it. Dunno why.