DeathKitty

DeathKitty

Miserable
Apr 11, 2024
As a suicidal person I think about this a lot, what I would do in a scenario where death is highly possible.

For example, you're at the bank when a bank robber enters, he orders everyone to lay down on the floor or he will shoot you. What do you do?
A) cooperate with the assailant
B) disobey the orders given and possibly get shot fatally

There are ofc other options but I think these are the main ones. I don't know what I would do in a scenario like this. I don't know if I would want to go in such way, especially since the shooter might just shoot me in my leg or someplace where it wouldn't necessarily be fatal.

What would you do? Curious to read all your thoughts and opinions.

Sukui

Sukui

Dec 3, 2023
I would definitely be more willing to sacrifice myself in a situation like this compared to if i wasn't suicidal.
Dying while trying to stop a robber, terrorist and so on is certainly a better way to leave this world compared to the usual ways to CTB.
Though if i knew for sure that me disobeying the robbers order would just result in me getting shot without any chance of actually saving someone, i wouldn't do it. As you said yourself you might just get shot in the leg and suffer without having gained any benefit.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathKitty
H

hereornot

May 16, 2024
I would definitely be more willing to sacrifice myself in a situation like this compared to if i wasn't suicidal.
Dying while trying to stop a robber, terrorist and so on is certainly a better way to leave this world compared to the usual ways to CTB.
Though if i knew for sure that me disobeying the robbers order would just result in me getting shot without any chance of actually saving someone, i wouldn't do it. As you said yourself you might just get shot in the leg and suffer without having gained any benefit.
Me too @Sukui

Reactions: Sukui