N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
So the first option option would be the state after you died. Let's say the there is nothing. You simply don't exist.
Option 2 would be your dreamworld as a simulation. You are still alive but your brain is conneted to a machine that simulates everything you want. You can choose everything you want (except waking up) and live your perfect life. You could even choose to forget that you are in a simulation.

I probably would choose option 2. If this simulated life still sucks I simulate my death by dying in my sleep. There is is a similar philosophical question.
I am not really afraid about living in a simulation. Most people choose in this similar scenario living their own "normal" lives instead of a perfect simulation.
I am really unhappy in my life for me this simulation would be ideal.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Depressed Cat, everydayiloveyou and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think I would just choose nothingness. I do not want to experience anything again. All I want is to not exist. There is nothing that I want from life really.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: jimmy7754, height jumper 69, pthnrdnojvsc and 6 others
D

deadverysoon

so f****ing ready
Aug 19, 2021
i would prefer nothing instead of a fake reality.

Reactions: height jumper 69, pthnrdnojvsc, Depressed Cat and 1 other person
N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
Reactions: Letmedienow, inanimate, One day too late and 1 other person
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I would choose option 2, but I would also like to be able to forget that it's only a simulation, and be made to believe that it's the real deal, otherwise I think the knowledge that it's only a simulation would just eat away at me forever.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, shush, demuic and 2 others
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
I like the truth even if it hurts. I'll take the nothingness. I mean nothigness isn't a bad feeling at all. She's there quiet without doing anything and if I don't exist, why should I even care?

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Depressed Cat, mustard_glass and 2 others
D

deadverysoon

so f****ing ready
Aug 19, 2021
  • Yay!
Reactions: inanimate, Death is beautiful and noname223
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I would prefer nothingness (since I had good or ~perfect~ times in this life and they made me feel just as empty).

I also find it interesting that "being in a simulation" is always perceived as something negative - maybe we are already in a simulation but that doesn't mean that the things I'm now experiencing aren't real to me.

Reactions: Depressed Cat, FuneralCry, Dear Agony and 1 other person
Walkingcorpse123

Walkingcorpse123

My only friend, the end
Jul 9, 2021
I would like to pick the best day of my life and live it over and over again for eternity without ever realizing it.

• Love
Reactions: inanimate, Death is beautiful, FuneralCry and 1 other person
Cannedbones

Cannedbones

Sing me to sleep
Mar 14, 2021
Option 2 sounds as if I were dreaming. If it felt like being in a peaceful dream and living the way I wanted to, Id definitely pick that.

Reactions: FuneralCry, Superdeterminist and demuic
hʚll

hʚll

not real.
Jun 18, 2021
nothingness.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Death is beautiful, FuneralCry and 1 other person
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I want to live in a simulation where I would repeat my life from the start without the predisposition to any of my physical or mental problems that I suffer from now. I want to be able to right my wrongs and make all the good decisions I wasnt able to make due to my diseases that clouded my mind and made it impossible for me to make the right choices. I really want to make myself and my family proud of me again. I will choose that.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: FuneralCry and noname223
One day too late

One day too late

I don't want hope. Hope is killing me.
Aug 14, 2020
I think I will choose option 2. It'll be great to live a nice life even if it's a simulation as long as I don't know it is.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo and Superdeterminist
Fakereality

Fakereality

Student
Aug 4, 2021
I would always choose option one, for me living in a simulation of any kind is a big immersion breaker, I am already living in a reality based on lies and deception don't want another one no matter how pretty or fun it is.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Death is beautiful
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Nothingness.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, pthnrdnojvsc and Green Destiny
Phosphophyllite

Phosphophyllite

Aug 8, 2021
I don't want to be lied to anymore. I'd choose nothingness.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Depressed Cat and Green Destiny
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
Life is amazing and I love living. I'd love to live in the simulation.

I want to ctb because the simulation isn't possible, and nothingness is better than the pain and suffering associated with being mentally ill in this society. But nothingness itself is not what I want at all.

Reactions: Letmedienow, Journeytoletgo, Foresight and 2 others
L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
Never having been born, or even conceived, is my impossible to obtain gold standard.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, pthnrdnojvsc and Depressed Cat
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
So the first option option would be the state after you died. Let's say the there is nothing. You simply don't exist.
Option 2 would be your dreamworld as a simulation. You are still alive but your brain is conneted to a machine that simulates everything you want. You can choose everything you want (except waking up) and live your perfect life. You could even choose to forget that you are in a simulation.

I probably would choose option 2. If this simulated life still sucks I simulate my death by dying in my sleep. There is is a similar philosophical question.
I am not really afraid about living in a simulation. Most people choose in this similar scenario living their own "normal" lives instead of a perfect simulation.
I am really unhappy in my life for me this simulation would be ideal.
I would choose 1 that I don't exist, nothingness . and I think that's will happen no matter what

Reactions: yive
K

kevinj430

Sep 9, 2023
I like the truth even if it hurts. I'll take the nothingness. I mean nothigness isn't a bad feeling at all. She's there quiet without doing anything and if I don't exist, why should I even care?
Nothingness would be nice to experience, that is what monks try to achieve, a conscious state of nothingness
I want to live in a simulation where I would repeat my life from the start without the predisposition to any of my physical or mental problems that I suffer from now. I want to be able to right my wrongs and make all the good decisions I wasnt able to make due to my diseases that clouded my mind and made it impossible for me to make the right choices. I really want to make myself and my family proud of me again. I will choose that.
The creators could have programmed us to make the choices we have by pushing us towards the decisions we made
The creators could have programmed us to make the choices we have by pushing us towards the decisions we made