Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Before the internet.

I think a big problem is that the internet creates a false sense of connection. I can go on dating apps or social media and see people, but they're just images on a screen.

In reality, if this was a time before the internet, I would've spent the past decade alone in my room reading books while taking some classes here and there. I would've probably ended it years ago.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
H

HenryHobkins

Student
Nov 5, 2020
In reality, if this was a time before the internet, I would've spent the past decade alone in my room reading books while taking some classes here and there. I would've probably ended it years ago.
the internet now days feels like the only sort of connection i have to the outside world. I would say I feel the same way as you, but in reality my own obsession and reliance on the internet and videogames was my own downfall. I feel like things could have turned out different for me if i never locked myself away and used internet as a crutch. But who knows, maybe I would have just became easily obsessed with something else

Reactions: clocktower, Kat! and Kramer
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
the internet now days feels like the only sort of connection i have to the outside world. I would say I feel the same way as you, but in reality my own obsession and reliance on the internet and videogames was my own downfall. I feel like things could have turned out different for me if i never locked myself away and used internet as a crutch. But who knows, maybe I would have just became easily obsessed with something else
Yeah it was a crutch for me too. I should've put myself out there more, but I was broke and can't work, so I didn't have many chances.

sugar

sugar

Nov 24, 2020
I'd probably be reading more books than I do now. I don't think I'd be any more social. I shut myself out on purpose.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream and Kat!
sugar

sugar

Nov 24, 2020
For one, I'm planning my suicide and am hoping people will be used to not having me in their life. Secondly, I have a hard time trusting people and it's easier to be alone. It's pathetic.

Wakawaka

Wakawaka

Student
Dec 10, 2020
i might just ctb, my grandma and my mom got abused by there white neighbors

• Aww..
Reactions: Donk
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
I'll be clubbing and having chinese food at a 24hr restaurant afterwards.

Reactions: Apathy's Girl
sugar

sugar

Nov 24, 2020
i might just ctb, my grandma and my mom got abused by there white neighbors
The more transparent and aggressive racism of the time might be enough CTB fuel. I'd never want to go back.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, DetachedDreamer97 and nothungryanymore
GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
Before the internet.

I think a big problem is that the internet creates a false sense of connection. I can go on dating apps or social media and see people, but they're just images on a screen.

Fuck, I was actually happy in the 90s! The 80s were nice also. Right about mid to late 90s shit all went downhill for me. Good times! I think we played until 7 or 8 (when the street lights came on). Libraries, Friday night pizza place night, didn't know the score unless you went to the games at high school, vacations. Maybe I was spoiled? Meh. It was a good time. I understand the 70s were pretty nice also with better laws and a lot more love. You could talk to you fellow man out in the world because everyone was just happy to be together. Not that it was perfect but people said hello to each other without judging you by your T shirt or maga hat. For a long time we still had cable phone operators in my area. It was nice!

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Pharmaruined and Regen
Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
Fuck, I was actually happy in the 90s! The 80s were nice also. Right about mid to late 90s shit all went downhill for me. Good times! I think we played until 7 or 8 (when the street lights came on). Libraries, Friday night pizza place night, didn't know the score unless you went to the games at high school, vacations. Maybe I was spoiled? Meh. It was a good time. I understand the 70s were pretty nice also with better laws and a lot more love. You could talk to you fellow man out in the world because everyone was just happy to be together. Not that it was perfect but people said hello to each other without judging you by your T shirt or maga hat. For a long time we still had cable phone operators in my area. It was nice!
You and I must be around the same age. You pretty much nailed it.

• Love
Reactions: GarageKarate07
T

ts0hill

Victim of the pharmaceutical industry
Oct 17, 2020
idk about the 90s but I would like a world without social media that would be nice

Reactions: Regen and Kramer
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Progress is slow here, so i'd probably take care of my numerous siblings, wash our clothes by a lake and not have proper education.
And at 17, I'd probably get kidnapped by a guy and forced to get married or something. It was quite normal here too.

• Aww..
Reactions: Regen
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
What does this have to do with suicide? Why do you make so many irrelevant, offtopic posts here in the main forum?
Why not post these types of questions in the "Off topic" section?

Reactions: DivineMedicus
Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
I would go to a rave party, dance all night, and probably pop an Ecstasy.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
What does this have to do with suicide? Why do you make so many irrelevant, offtopic posts here in the main forum?
Why not post these types of questions in the "Off topic" section?
I thought I did.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Ah the great contradiction of the internet....the ability to both simultaneously join people from all walks of life from all parts of the world while further isolating the user from human contact and in person interaction.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, HenryHobkins and StuFin
SorrySandy

SorrySandy

Æmber
Nov 15, 2020
Taking recreational drugs like ecstasy and clubbing/partying at weekend, traipsing all over London in tiny dresses in the first half

changing nappies in the second half and being a very responsible good parent.

bipolar decade

edit: oh this is internet related.. don't know how to answer that

Last edited: