Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Would it be like the movie The Suicide Shop where you go into a store and look at all the methods?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Me every time the Metaverse is brought up:

This site won't really be like anything in the Metaverse. Meta doesn't even really allow any suicide discussion on Facebook or Instagram, so I highly doubt it will be accepted in the Metaverse. If anything it would just become an easier way to determine who is suicidal and send them to the psych ward.

• Yay!
Reactions: Red Scare, Angst Filled Fuck Up, hungry_ghost and 1 other person
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Are people seriously referring to the meta group of apps and services as the metaverse?!

When I read metaverse in the thread ritle I thought we were talking actual science. I would much prefer that than to see words repurposed for benign reason. It's not it's actual meaning ao much as a buzzword. This constant dumbing down of society is getting me down. Gets worse every year. Just when you think it can't happen some fuckwit or large group of fuckwits prove me wrong.

Just for clarity and definition the company meta can at most be deemed to be creating 'a' metaverse. There is no 'the' metaverse. It's something that there can and are multiples of. Much like there are multiple universes. The only time you would refer to any metaverse as 'the' metaverse would be from within it in a total vacuum.

II don't been to be harsh o.n OP. It's just something that needs saying. Please don't take it personally. My aim isn't to insult. That's unnecessary and uncalled for.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Are people seriously referring to the meta group of apps and services as the metaverse?!

When I read metaverse in the thread ritle I thought we were talking actual science. I would much prefer that than to see words repurposed for benign reason. It's not it's actual meaning ao much as a buzzword. This constant dumbing down of society is getting me down. Gets worse every year. Just when you think it can't happen some fuckwit or large group of fuckwits prove me wrong.

Just for clarity and definition the company meta can at most be deemed to be creating 'a' metaverse. There is no 'the' metaverse. It's something that there can and are multiples of. Much like there are multiple universes. The only time you would refer to any metaverse as 'the' metaverse would be from within it in a total vacuum.

II don't been to be harsh o.n OP. It's just something that needs saying. Please don't take it personally. My aim isn't to insult. That's unnecessary and uncalled for.
They're not creating a virtual world you can log into?

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
They're not creating a virtual world you can log into?
They're creating 'A' vertual suite of service which you may want to refer to as 'A' metaverse. My point is that they are not 'the' metaverse.

Like I said, my issue isn't with you. I'm only just learnning of this whole metaverse thing myself but my gripe is the way it's being referred to. Calling it 'the' metaverse puts the cart before the horse in suggesting it is all encompassing and not one of many, potentially infinite instances of such a thing. Perhaps I'm being too anal. I just see a lot of contrivance in things like this these days and feel many are sucked into it too easily.
I mean look what facebook and Instagram does to peoples lives already.

Last edited:
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
They're creating 'A' vertual suite of service which you may want to refer to as 'A' metaverse. My point is that they are not 'the' metaverse.

Like I said, my issue isn't with you. I'm only jist learnning of this whole metaverse thing myself but my gripe is the way it's being referred to. Calling it 'the' metaverse puts the cart before the horse in suggesting it is all encompassing and not one of many, potentially infinite instances of such a thing. Perhaps I'm being too anal. I just see a lot of contrivance in things like this these days and feel many are sucked into it too easily.
I mean look what facebook and Instagram does to peoples lives already.
I won't be participating in it regardless. I hate the internet. I
only use it because the alternative would be to stare at the wall and sleep.

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Internet is great for some things. Most social areas of the net are full of bile though that's for sure. Truth is its people that are the problem. Unfortunately. There some good ones out here. We're just seemingly outnumbered.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Internet is great for some things. Most social areas of the net are full of bile though that's for sure. Truth is its people that are the problem. Unfortunately. There some good ones out here. We're just seemingly outnumbered.
Yeah I'm starting to notice that too. My problems stem from people. I know a few really good ones but they have families or other things going on and I'm just a small part of their life. I need to move soon, but it'll probably suck there too. Fucking hell

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Well you're not entirely alone in your despair FWIW.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Well you're not entirely alone in your despair FWIW.
But I'm the only one in my head and can only experience my own despair. It's weird we crave connection, but true connection isn't even possible. That is the worst thing about life in my view.

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I think a meeting of minds is a connection truly worth its salt. Hard to find but definitely possible. Lots of dice rolls involved. Much of our lives is upto chance. I think that's why it feels so unfair to many of us. It sucks if chance dealt you a bum hand and you never had anything but equally sucks if you managed to find it all and lost it to chance. Nobody is immune and in that we all come together in laces like this. Never dun to be drowning sorrows with other people chance (or fate or whatever) has its claws it but certainly cathartic.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
I think a meeting of minds is a connection truly worth its salt. Hard to find but definitely possible. Lots of dice rolls involved. Much of our lives is upto chance. I think that's why it feels so unfair to many of us. It sucks if chance dealt you a bum hand and you never had anything but equally sucks if you managed to find it all and lost it to chance. Nobody is immune and in that we all come together in laces like this. Never dun to be drowning sorrows with other people chance (or fate or whatever) has its claws it but certainly cathartic.
It's hard to continue being open to people when you meet so many bad ones. It's a gamble.

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Agreed.

You can open up in places like this with little to no consequences though tbf. If you come up against assholes then fuck them. Move on. Take it as par for the course and keep on until you find the next good person.

When it comes to people irl I think you get more to work with as there's so much more info on offer. Body language, tone and general history for example. IRL I think it's important to learn to judge everything and everyone on individual merit but there are some things that raise flags and wirh those people you can choose not to take chances. At least for the meantime. Truth is if you go looking for people to confide innor open upto you'll often end up with someone self absorbed in their own pit of despare or targeted by those that smell weakness l. It's an unfortunate but unavoidable side effect of humanity. But that's bot to say there's no inbetween or no light in the darkness so to speak. There are good people. Really good people. They just don't always come at times that suit us or in the shape that suits us etc. It's a waiting game but one things for sure, if you stop looking you'll never find them. Unless you're lucky obviously. But my thought is (if you're looking for people to connect with) put as many past your eyes as reasonably possible and expect to wait a while. It takes a good couple of yeara to really get to know anyone in any substantial way. Add to that the years it takes to find them, well its a wait. May as well get started now and in the process do a little learning and self reflection. There's a fuck ton to be learned about others by looking at ourselves.

I better be careful some fuckwits gonna start calling me a normie or prolife any second now lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Scare and Weebster
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
The metaverse is going to be another gimmicky failure, just like VR.

We need more real world shiz, not less. Not that Zuckerdork would ever get that memo.

Reactions: DynamicDepression, Red Scare, whatevs and 3 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
We need more real world shiz, not less. Not that Zuckerdork would ever get that memo.
So simple and yet these fucktards in charge can't get it. It's almost like they have an agenda or something.

• Love
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
To answer the op, a lot of anime avatars and cat people avatars chatting with each other. Different cliques and groups relegating themselves to different corners of the virtual space.

But it's like doc says, this place wouldn't be allowed to exist in a Facebook sponsored space.

Reactions: Weebster
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
To answer the op, a lot of anime avatars and cat people avatars chatting with each other. Different cliques and groups relegating themselves to different corners of the virtual space.

But it's like doc says, this place wouldn't be allowed to exist in a Facebook sponsored space.
I want a digital suicide simulator.