Grubby

Grubby

the lost
Nov 10, 2022
What would be something that would make your life worth living? What is your desire? (Don't say death, that's cheating)
It's hard for me to say. I suppose I would like to be remembered in a good light on a global scale, whether it's by making an album or an artwork or something or other. If I won't be remembered I don't see the point of my existence, and let me tell you, things aren't looking too bright.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Solar1703, katara, Susannah and 3 others
StrangePossum

StrangePossum

Dec 22, 2021
I know it's really cliche, but $50k would definitely solve a lot of my problems haha.

Aside from that, I really wish I actually had loving and understanding parents who would accept me as I am. Even if all my other issues remained, having that kind of genuine support and love in my life would make things 100x easier.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brew
Upvote 0
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Just sleeping soundly almost every day, like most people do. I have a weird mix of Maslow's needs in which some of the bases are absent so I can't really embrace some of the more sophisticated needs that are in theory available for me to satisfy.

If someone is lacking food, water, shelter, sleep etc everything else will fade into non-importance in most cases, that's why they are at the base of the pyramid.

Reactions: Susannah, Anon1337, Brew and 1 other person
Upvote 1
N

NoHorizon

Experienced
Nov 22, 2022
Enough money to quit my toxic workplace and pursue the things I find meaningful, and a partner who is kind.

To be honest, just a hug would be a fine start.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rounded Apathy, Forever Sleep and Brew
Upvote 0
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'd like to be able to carry on doing my freelance creative job, working on my own and earn enough to get by on.

• Love
Reactions: Susannah and Brew
Upvote 0
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I unfortunately have no clue what external circumstances would make my life feel worth living. I feel as though I have a large web of unresolved painful situations inside of me at this point. I suppose a more positive internal condition would be necessary to exist not in chronic mental pain. I just don't know what this would look like unfortunately. Furthermore, I think I'm going to have to figure things out without the help of "professionals" considering that they've never helped me as far as I can see.

Edit: May as well not be vague about the internal conditions that I would need to change. I certainly have some deep rooted traumas that have led to my distress levels being impacted significantly by exposure to other humans. I'm not exactly sure what the deal is but nothing will send me into an endlessly horrendous depressive spiral like the feelings that I encounter anytime that I am being perceived by others in person. I have chronic fear of being attacked physically or otherwise in addition to being completely engulfed in guilt and self-loathing over the most trivial things. Not super sure how to change my traumatized brain as everything I've tried has failed but I'm doing my best to hang in there as opposed to ctb'ing while my parents are alive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
People who I was close with. If I had a few people I trusted that I felt comfortable and safe around it would make an insane difference. That and getting out of a not great environment. If I had those two things life would be bearable.

• Love
Reactions: brokenworld and ColorlessTrees
Upvote 0
brokenworld

brokenworld

Aug 13, 2022
a lover. By that i mean just someone who loves me unconditionally (and whom I could love). Could be a friend or partner. Someone i can have actual connection with and can mutually relate with. Someone who can fill the void my parents weren't supposed to leave.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees and Anon1337
Upvote 0
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

šŸ“œ Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
The fountain of youth - so I never have to face the effects of aging.

Whenever I think of recovering, it all points back to that - More suffering that I will have to (at some point) endear.

• Love
Reactions: Susannah and ColorlessTrees
Upvote 0
Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
To be honest, a substantial amount of money would fix it.
Materialistic. I know.
This. Money to buy food and some clothes. My economy is terrible.

I'm a single mum in a very rich country (Norway). I crushed both arms in an accident some years ago. Ended up with ok function in one arm, and phantom pain in my dominant titanium arm.

For some reason, I was denied normal disability benefits. So I had to find a shitty paid job. I live in a very wealthy neighbourhood, so I feel like a failure.

Being very poor isn't good for either mental nor physical health.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Suicidebydeath, whatevs and 1 other person
Upvote 0
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
Thinking about it after reading the other answers, I feel the only real pragmatic answer is a combination of ignorance and a superhuman amount of resilience.

You could have a shit ton of money, but society could go belly-up and suddenly all those pieces of paper/plastic or numbers on a bank app screen don't mean jack. You could have whatever is plaguing you at the moment instantaneously cured, but some other horrible catastrophe of another nature you're not equipped to deal with could come out of nowhere and leave you flat on your ass. You could have whatever one single thing you feel you need to make life worth it now, but you could either lose it or the stability it provides, or something else that suddenly makes that stability insufficient. And most likely, given the way things happen, that would just be a matter of time.

If I was resilient beyond reason though, it wouldn't matter. I could deal with my situation as it is without being so existentially fucking miserable. And if I was ignorant about the awfully cruel apparent nature of reality, I'd still be chipper if things got better. Or even if they got worse - suddenly broke, on the street, in far worse physical and mental shape than I am now, maybe without the basic requisites for life...and I'd be fine with it. Not to say I'd accept it, but I wouldn't be thinking of suicide as a solution. Same goes for if I suddenly had among the best circumstances among humans. No blow would make me falter, neither real nor imagined.

This, I think, is the key to passion for life. Sadly it's a key I think I will never find.

Reactions: NoHorizon and Susannah
Upvote 0
Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
Thinking about it after reading the other answers, I feel the only real pragmatic answer is a combination of ignorance and a superhuman amount of resilience.

You could have a shit ton of money, but society could go belly-up and suddenly all those pieces of paper/plastic or numbers on a bank app screen don't mean jack. You could have whatever is plaguing you at the moment instantaneously cured, but some other horrible catastrophe of another nature you're not equipped to deal with could come out of nowhere and leave you flat on your ass. You could have whatever one single thing you feel you need to make life worth it now, but you could either lose it or the stability it provides, or something else that suddenly makes that stability insufficient. And most likely, given the way things happen, that would just be a matter of time.

If I was resilient beyond reason though, it wouldn't matter. I could deal with my situation as it is without being so existentially fucking miserable. And if I was ignorant about the awfully cruel apparent nature of reality, I'd still be chipper if things got better. Or even if they got worse - suddenly broke, on the street, in far worse physical and mental shape than I am now, maybe without the basic requisites for life...and I'd be fine with it. Not to say I'd accept it, but I wouldn't be thinking of suicide as a solution. Same goes for if I suddenly had among the best circumstances among humans. No blow would make me falter, neither real nor imagined.

This, I think, is the key to passion for life. Sadly it's a key I think I will never find.
Yes. I would like to be super-resilient or, as you write, a superhuman. When I was in my 20s, I felt a bit like that. When I went out into the world. Then I realized that I was born in the wrong country.

The journey lasted several years. I was mostly broke, but it always worked out. People who live in less rich countries are simply more open and nicer. I met societies that live on a minimum of goods. Still, they shared what they had. There was singing, culture, music and joy of life despite the "lower standard of living". Then I could finally be myself. The nomad that has always lived in me.

I was in India, South America, the Caribbean, Africa (Ghana and Kenya), and those years were the best of my life. I let go of the darkness and cold that we in the far north of the world live in. I let go of the arrogant, stupid Norwegians (the world's most awkward people).

Every time I came home to Norway, I felt like a stranger. I should have moved before I had children, but it was not acceptable in my circle to emigrate.

Now my "child" is almost 18 years old. He has grown up to be a confident and handsome young man. My mother died recently. My father may live a few more years. I have looked after them all my adult life.

What is missing in my life is following the nomad in me. I can soon leave this cold shit country with a clear conscience. Live closer to the sun.

Lots of loveS

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere, je.suis.prĆŖt, NoHorizon and 1 other person
Upvote 0
I

IWishThisWasnt

Nov 26, 2022
Either if I could go back in time to when it needs to start being fixed with the current knowledge I have so I can fix it and not feel the way that I have for years now.

Or a few million dollars to put some of my worries to sleep.

Upvote 0
N

NoHorizon

Experienced
Nov 22, 2022

I definitely think the stoic philosophers had it right in that regard; but putting it into practice is so hard. I'd love to be able to have that mindset if I was a better person.

Upvote 0
P

przeciwwymiotne

Be rude to me at all times, I don't deserve kindne
Jun 27, 2022
What would be something that would make your life worth living? What is your desire? (Don't say death, that's cheating)
It's hard for me to say. I suppose I would like to be remembered in a good light on a global scale, whether it's by making an album or an artwork or something or other. If I won't be remembered I don't see the point of my existence, and let me tell you, things aren't looking too bright.
Oh polak, cześć

Upvote 0
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
1) Move to a warmer climate right now

2) Have a friend, who would not mind moving to Hawai'i with me

3) Lastly, since I am a watch collector, the money to have a very expensive watch for once.

Walter

• Love
Reactions: StolenLife and Susannah
Upvote 0
SectOfValtiel

SectOfValtiel

Attendant of God
Nov 7, 2022
love, compassion, care, attention
another human being that actively gives a shit about me and not only when its convenient or when i have the energy to reciprocate it
someone that doesnt need me to water down how i feel
someone that wouldnt leave the second things started getting hard

but im pretty sure thats just not something that exists for me
even if they did i wouldnt deserve it, probably fuck it up like i always do

Upvote 0
L

livelaughlove

Nov 15, 2022
a mom, which is selfish since i have one and she isn't even terrible and we're in a much better place now, but then again.. all i ever wanted was the mom i wished for growing up and now.

Upvote 0