N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think we all know this. Sometimes members just vanish and we worry about them. Some people perceive uncertainty as worse than for example a clear death. Personally I prefer uncertainty and the naive hope for an happy end for that person. Not sure what this tells about me.

At first one thing. This thread probably cannot give complete reassurance. However maybe some members want to share about potential reasons why they might quit the forum temporarily or forever.

I try to speculate about me. I think that I just decide one day to kill myself and hide those plans to the forum is unlikely. Personally I don't like goodbye threads. They are so tragic and I think sometimes words are unable to express the incredible injustice that many of us have to experience. This is at least how I perceive them. I don't plan to make one when I ctb but maybe my mind will change until that day. I think there are some developments which could force me to ctb soon. I try to postpone that as long as possible.

Fuck I deleted a huge part of the thread. So here we go again.

A possible scenario for me quitting the forum would be: Members would get doxxed and harrassed in a systematical way. I don't want to scare people. But strange things happened to this forum which I never saw coming. If such a scenario happened I think many people would quit and the reason would be obvious.

A more likely scenario would be: Me having accident. I think my physical health is quite good so I don't see an heartattack coming for me. But I could get involved in a car crash for example. Sometimes I am not fully attentative and don't fully perceive my environmemt. My racing thoughts sometimes distract me. So I would have to stay in the hospital.

Another possibility: Me having another psychosis. I already shared my threads with this forum when I was paranoid. But I never had a psychotic episode while posting. Sometimes I protect me in such a mental state and end the communication to strangers. I think this is a more likely scenario for me silently taking a break of this forum. Though usually my mania comes first and I would warn about the shit that will happen.

In case my VPN would not function or my country/provider would block this website even more aggresively I might had to take a break.

I think in the scenario I got bored by this forum I would openly speak about that. Or at least I would share such a sentiment. I have now suicidal thoughts since almost a decade. If they just vanished and I had a real happy end I don't know when I would quit this forum. The whole scenario is pretty unlikely. But also in such positive outcome I would share that probably in recovery section.

I have the feeling the deleted passage was better than that what I wrote afterwards. I am quite exhausted. I hope I can sleep well.

Which reasons would be the most likely ones if you silently quitted this forum? Noone of us can predict the future. So take the considerations with a grain of salt I guess.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Unending, Lost in a Dream, Ultracheese and 5 others
PleaseTakeMeAway

PleaseTakeMeAway

Nothing to say anymore.
Jul 16, 2022
If I disappear, it's because I killed myself. I don't think I want to share a thread just before I die, I just want to do it and finally be out of the mess I'm in.

Or things got better. Unlikely, very unlikely, but if that were the case, I'd probably leave a post saying where I'm going. So guess that wouldn't count because I wouldn't be leaving silently.

Or I just don't know what to post anymore. I'll just stop and disappear simply for that. Nothing from me is worth sharing nor interesting, anyways.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ultracheese, Zegers, BBBB and 1 other person
Next-to-Nil

Next-to-Nil

Begrudgingly Everlasting
Mar 2, 2023
If I disappear, it's because I was logged out. I went out to do groceries earlier and tried to log in on my phone with no success so apparently I already forgot my password...

• Yay!
Reactions: Ringo, Fwompje, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
CTB for sure.

Reactions: Ultracheese and BBBB
redisblue

redisblue

"cut me clean, till i can't think anymore."
Feb 12, 2023
A few reasons, probably.
Most likely: Died (not from CTB), parents found out that I was on this forum and/or been admitted to a psych ward if I was caught on here (they would know I'm suicidal) or caught self-harming
Not as likely: Stopped using the forum as much (I feel like that's unlikely as I'll always return to this place), got harassed (I hope that doesn't happen), I CTB (I would probably make a goodbye thread before I do that) or I recovered (I would most likely talk about that here)

Reactions: Ultracheese
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
I like this forum. Much better than the pricks at reddit and idk of any others. So if I disappear it means the pain killed me by itself. If I ctb I would say bye. I won't monitor it, because I will log out and delete my history as not to give this site more negative publicity. But I will say gbye.

• Hugs
Ghostofthepast

Ghostofthepast

Student
Dec 31, 2022
When I finally end it

• Hugs
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Probably just me wanting out of the forum. I dislike having a "digital footprint", so if I get sick of this place at some point I'll probably just try and delete my account, redact my posts and move on.
Either that, or the obvious.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: cristaleyez and Ultracheese
R

RW__Asher23

Global Mod
Dec 11, 2022
I am Dead! CTB whatever. Soon months really. But I am already half dead so...

• Hugs
Reactions: BBBB and Ultracheese
Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022
It would be because I CTBed too. If I were to CTB though, I wouldn't make a thread, just a post on my profile probably. Same as if for whatever reason I decided it wouldn't be beneficial for me to be on this forum.

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
I think we all know this. Sometimes members just vanish and we worry about them. Some people perceive uncertainty as worse than for example a clear death. Personally I prefer uncertainty and the naive hope for an happy end for that person. Not sure what this tells about me.

At first one thing. This thread probably cannot give complete reassurance. However maybe some members want to share about potential reasons why they might quit the forum temporarily or forever.

I try to speculate about me. I think that I just decide one day to kill myself and hide those plans to the forum is unlikely. Personally I don't like goodbye threads. They are so tragic and I think sometimes words are unable to express the incredible injustice that many of us have to experience. This is at least how I perceive them. I don't plan to make one when I ctb but maybe my mind will change until that day. I think there are some developments which could force me to ctb soon. I try to postpone that as long as possible.

Fuck I deleted a huge part of the thread. So here we go again.

A possible scenario for me quitting the forum would be: Members would get doxxed and harrassed in a systematical way. I don't want to scare people. But strange things happened to this forum which I never saw coming. If such a scenario happened I think many people would quit and the reason would be obvious.

A more likely scenario would be: Me having accident. I think my physical health is quite good so I don't see an heartattack coming for me. But I could get involved in a car crash for example. Sometimes I am not fully attentative and don't fully perceive my environmemt. My racing thoughts sometimes distract me. So I would have to stay in the hospital.

Another possibility: Me having another psychosis. I already shared my threads with this forum when I was paranoid. But I never had a psychotic episode while posting. Sometimes I protect me in such a mental state and end the communication to strangers. I think this is a more likely scenario for me silently taking a break of this forum. Though usually my mania comes first and I would warn about the shit that will happen.

In case my VPN would not function or my country/provider would block this website even more aggresively I might had to take a break.

I think in the scenario I got bored by this forum I would openly speak about that. Or at least I would share such a sentiment. I have now suicidal thoughts since almost a decade. If they just vanished and I had a real happy end I don't know when I would quit this forum. The whole scenario is pretty unlikely. But also in such positive outcome I would share that probably in recovery section.

I have the feeling the deleted passage was better than that what I wrote afterwards. I am quite exhausted. I hope I can sleep well.

Which reasons would be the most likely ones if you silently quitted this forum? Noone of us can predict the future. So take the considerations with a grain of salt I guess.
If I stop using this forum it's safe to assume that I found a partner that was worth my time more than this forum is. When my ex was «nice» to me was the only few times I had short breaks from the forum after signing up here.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I tend to wander off from messageboards now and then & then eventually return. Reasons for me not being here for weeks or months at a time could include:

* I'm feeling better and have other things I want to do more.
* I'm feeling worse and am in a hospital or treatment center where they won't let me have my phone. Or I'm home in bed and just too apathetic to get up.
* I'm dead, maybe on purpose, maybe by accident.
* Aliens.

• Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
If I suddenly disappeared from here and never returned, the most likely reason is that I died an accidental death. Sometimes I completely lose interest in interacting with other people, so I spend more time isolated online and in real life, but it isn't enough to stop me from coming back here again.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
If the site somehow became inaccessible or I actually left this world permanently.

OliverTreeLver

OliverTreeLver

Jvnk
Feb 17, 2023
The only way I would leave the forum is that I got better. I have been hovering around death for almost a majority of my life, and am too scared to truly do anything about it. It is hard wanting to CTB while having a phobia of dying. If I were to truly die, I would announce it. If I were to leave without word, I lost contact with online or the site became inaccessible. I usually announce my departures, so there is no worry for me to become one of the numbers of accounts that disappear without a word.

cristaleyez

cristaleyez

xe/they/it
Feb 21, 2023
I like to think that if I do CTB, I'd leave a note. To my family, friends, and here. Personally, I don't like thinking about the what if's. I like closure. I figure I'm not the only one like that.
It's why as soon as my suicide attempt last failed I tried contacting my partner to tell them I survived and not to worry because I knew I'd be trapped in a psych ward for a week unable to text them.

But a reason why I would leave silently? Honestly, I'm leaning more on the path of recovery, but I still enjoy visiting this website. I still want to CTB at times. It doesn't make my thoughts worse. It just allows me to meet people who I can tell I want to CTB and not immediately get told the regular "There's so much to live for", even if I do agree with that sentiment occasionally. This forum allows for more introspective discussion on the topic and makes me feel less alone.
So I don't think I'd randomly leave if I entirely wanted to commit to recovery. I'd probably still say my goodbyes.

The only way I think I'd leave without a word is if I forget about the site. I've been through dozens of sites with various intentions, social media, plenty of dress up sites, etc. that I've simply vanished without a word. I hate being perceived or identifiable. So maybe that would be a silent leave for me.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think I'd likely make some sort of goodbye thread before I CTB- even if it wasn't live. I find this place an immense comfort and I think I would feel really scared around an attempt time- I would appreciate being able to tell someone. It's not like I can tell anyone in real life! So- unless it was some random natural death or accident, my sudden departure probably wouldn't mean death.

I think my life is about to become crazy. I'm likely to be juggling 2 jobs and Etsy soon. I reckon I'm going to be knackered. Mood wise- it could go either way really. This next chapter might actually make me feel more grounded and better about life. It may just as well utterly finish me off though too! Either way, I'll likely be spending less time on here. Guess it will just depend on whether I turn things around or not.

Fwompje

Fwompje

life is cruel and time heals nothing
Feb 23, 2023
1. the forum becomes unsafe if there's a threat of doxxing (least likely)
2. I have another severe moodswing and think I can cure the world for a period of time (probably most likely)
3. I died
4. I embarassed myself lol (second most likely)

• Hugs
Reactions: Next-to-Nil
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
If this happens it's because I've isolated myself from everyone, it's my way of running away from reality when everything overwhelms me... I have to run away to keep my mind from collapsing. It is the most provable.
The second most provable cause is due to illness.. I also isolate myself until I get better and I don't want to talk to anyone.

//

Si això passa és perquè m'he aïllat de tothom, és la meva manera de fugir de la realitat quan tot em sobrepassa... tinc que fugir per no ensorrar la meva ment. És el més provable.
La segona causa més provable és per malaltía.. també m'aïllo fins que em guareixo i no vull parlar amb ningú.

M

missingpeace

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2023
That I've ctbed or it's not accessible anymore.

crowbait

crowbait

they/them
Oct 4, 2022
i often take unplanned breaks from this forum for a few weeks because i don't have a desire to engage in my suicidality and re-expose myself to content regarding it. i'm always at least a little suicidal but coming on here can often make it worse. if i disappear for good i've either won the lottery and want to live again, or i've offed myself

Reactions: spiralling
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Ill stop joining logging in when i die, preferably by my own hand and in a few months.

spiralling

spiralling

Experienced
Oct 1, 2021
Either busy with life or busy with afterlife.

U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
In my case, I probably am either taking a break or dead... or just stopped visiting the website. Who knows, those are the three most likely answers but I can't speak with any sort of certainty on what has the highest chance.

bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
if i just was too busy with school probably (at least during this point in my life…)