O

ozzygirl19

Apr 26, 2019
It's 4 am and I can't sleep so I'm worrying about this. I should probably decide on a method before stressing these details but it's on my mind.

I am moving out of the country with my cat alone very soon. I have a strong feeling that at university is when I will finally go.

I am so afraid that whoever finds me (police, ambulance, landlord) will take her to a shelter or have her put down instead of returning her to my family. I am prepared to leave any money needed so she can be sent home. I feel dumb being so upset about this but that little cat is all I have and I need to know she'll be okay. Is there anyway to make sure this happens?

Sorry for being weirdly upset. I'm tired and lonely.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: martha, Sick Boy, Soul and 4 others
H

Honigwaffel

Student
Apr 9, 2019
I would leave a note for whoever will find you with instructions on how they should deal with your cat. Maybe add the contact information of your relatives. However I am pretty sure that your pet will be taken to a shelter first and then has to be picked up by your relatives.

• Love
Reactions: martha, ozzygirl19, Hhhh and 1 other person
TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
Could you send the cat to your relatives beforehand?? Then do the deed and let them u that u want them to mind her and take care of her...

Reactions: martha, mattwitt, Walilamdzi and 2 others
Gooseygoes

Gooseygoes

Apr 9, 2019
Do you really want to kill yourself? Because all you have to do is make arrangements for your cat. Your dilemma sounds like misplaced anxiety and I urge you to really get clear. Best of luck.

Reactions: martha and ArtVandelay
W

WaterUnder

Student
Apr 27, 2019
No one is going to foot the bill to ship the cat back to your country unless you have arranged for that ahead of time. The cat will most likely go to a shelter.

Sounds like it might be worth it to give college a real effort. It's an opportunity to meet people, learn a whole lot, discover a lot about yourself. . . . Get into the foreign students group who will understand what it feels like to go to uni in a foreign country.

Reactions: martha, mattwitt and TheDevilsAngel
H

headinghome

Experienced
Apr 11, 2019
your cat will go to shelter and be euthanized....with nembutal! is this what you want for her?

Reactions: mattwitt
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Ozzygirl19, first please talk with a trusted friend or family member about how important it is to you to make sure your cat is taken good care of in case anything happens to you. Then do everything you can to enjoy your life abroad. If that doesn't work when you've tried your best, put your cat on that plane or train home before you do anything - that's the only way to be sure it's done.
I wish both of you love and balance.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: martha and FreeFallin
k3v3r

k3v3r

Apr 25, 2019
I would leave a note saying that you don't want the cat to be put down

Reactions: martha
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
Don't take the cat with you? Find a new home before or leave it with your family?

Reactions: martha, Soul, mattwitt and 2 others
martha

martha

Experienced
Mar 14, 2019
Sorry for being weirdly upset. I'm tired and lonely.

Please never do apologize for feeling upset, tired and lonely, this is what we are here for:love:

My little frodo already went ahead and is waiting for me at the other side, I love him forever

Attachments

• frodo.jpg
    frodo.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Love
Reactions: Soul and uiop
uiop

uiop

Fun drugs make me happy
Mar 27, 2019
Please never do apologize for feeling upset, tired and lonely, this is what we are here for:love:

My little frodo already went ahead and is waiting for me at the other side, I love him forever
Did you draw that? It's amazing!

• Love
O

ozzygirl19

Apr 26, 2019
Do you really want to kill yourself? Because all you have to do is make arrangements for your cat. Your dilemma sounds like misplaced anxiety and I urge you to really get clear. Best of luck.
I really do and felt this way for years, but I do agree with the point that I do have at least some misplaced anxiety. I have a pretty good relationship with my family which is why I have a post about the costs for them and stuff. Like I said, I don't have much else to be worried about when I go so my cat is one of my few priorities.
Don't take the cat with you? Find a new home before or leave it with your family?
I've thought about that but I want to give college a good shot before taking my life which is why I am (for now) choosing to bring her with me. I will always try to hold onto that thought that things will get better but simultaneously want to make sure I leave as little damage behind if I do kill myself.
No one is going to foot the bill to ship the cat back to your country unless you have arranged for that ahead of time. The cat will most likely go to a shelter.

Sounds like it might be worth it to give college a real effort. It's an opportunity to meet people, learn a whole lot, discover a lot about yourself. . . . Get into the foreign students group who will understand what it feels like to go to uni in a foreign country.
Thank you. That's my plan for the moment. i know that college will bring its own challenges but maybe it will bring a bit of happiness too. No matter how incredibly sad I am, I do have this wish deep down that it will get better.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: martha and Soul
martha

martha

Experienced
Mar 14, 2019
I would leave a note for whoever will find you with instructions on how they should deal with your cat. Maybe add the contact information of your relatives. However I am pretty sure that your pet will be taken to a shelter first and then has to be picked up by your relatives.

sry for off topic, but this is just the very organized German way of dealing with things:happy:
I am just the same.:happy:
family would call it perfectionism
Could you send the cat to your relatives beforehand??

they might get suspicious though
Did you draw that? It's amazing!
oh, I wish I did.:happy:
It is actually by

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Honigwaffel and Soul
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
If you send the cat to relatives beforehand (or better yet take him/her there yourself) they might get suspicious - that's true - but it's the only way you can be sure s/he'll be sent where you want him/her to go. I'd tell the relatives that circumstances make it too difficult to take proper care of my cat. In a school-abroad scenario it won't be hard to come up with a plausible story.
Still wishing you both warmth and balance and serenity.

• Love