WrongGuy47

WrongGuy47

Dec 21, 2020
I plan to hang myself in forest. I'll leave a suicide note in home. I'm sure they'll file a missing report to police.

Since I'll do it in forest there's no chance they'll find my body and even if they did after months they can't recognise it's me.

So I was wondering what would be less difficult for my family finding my suicide note but never finding my dead body.

Or having the suicide note and police finding my dead body.

I don't know which one will be better, if finding my dead body will be easier for them I'll take my phone with me so that I can be tracked soon.

Knowing that I'm dead they'll have to deal with the pain once and get over it?

If they never know for sure if I'm dead that little hope may drive them crazy and may make them do insane things?

What are your thoughts?

• Hugs
Reactions: fox_wannabe, Pen>Sword, it's_all_a_game and 4 others
M

Miss_Takes

Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Dec 4, 2020
I tend to think that having the 'proof' would be an important part of the process for family and friends.
I think for, myself, that as a person who constantly holds on to or seeks hope where there is none that if it were my loved one a note and a means of identification so that they can have definitive knowledge if not closure ... because I know closure on this will be impossible.

Reactions: stygal
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
If the police does a search they will probably find you. I think it that if they found you it would be better anyways, cause they will have some closure

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife, b&w, Trannydiary and 2 others
WrongGuy47

WrongGuy47

Dec 21, 2020
Based on the comments here I think I'll leave a note, plus I'll have a ID with me so that I can be identified.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: onthelastday, LittleJem and Isadeth
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Guess body being found will help them deal with the loss better ..

Reactions: WearyOfStruggling, LittleJem, Isadeth and 4 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I believe just being "missing" will make your family more anxious and nervous.

I think even though they'll suffer lots with your death, finding sooner your body will bring them peace.

Reactions: DeadButDreaming, WearyOfStruggling, NegativeSymptoms and 9 others
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020
I don't exactly know your relationships with your family, but personally, I think it's better for your family to have your body; since from what I've seen in missing people documentaries, holding onto hopes, families will suffer emotionally and financially.

At the end of the day, it's really about what you feel is right. CTB is so personal, and whatever you feel right, I hope you can achieve it. :hug:

Reactions: WearyOfStruggling, mirko, LittleJem and 3 others
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Definitely have the police find your body first, the aftermath of a death by hanging look ghastly and honestly horrible, far too traumatic for a family member to find you in that condition, there will be a search either way, so they'll eventually get your body anyway, it's better if they find it in a better state after getting ready to see it.

Police people hate when they have to go to a suicide scene, I've read some confessions about the deep impact that some of those had in them. But they don't know you as a person and it's part of their job to some degree, they won't get nearly as shocked or hurt by it.

Reactions: Trannydiary, LittleJem, Isadeth and 1 other person
T

Tired_Tired

Student
Nov 25, 2019
If you have property, insurance and not a few money. Of course, let them found you ASAP. Need death certificate from the government.

Reactions: Trannydiary and KleinerWolf
b&w

b&w

Nov 12, 2020
I think it might be better idea to go to a hotel nearby and bring your ID if you're able to do that. If you have insurance or would like your family to inherit your assets it would be better for them to have your body found soon as another person said.

Whatever you decide it has to be the right decision for you, I hope you find peace.

Last edited:
O

ob600

Dec 17, 2020
You'll be found eventually. You'd be missing and then they'd trace your last movements via cell phone or whatever you use to transport yourself to the forest (unless you walk the entire way). Leave a note

clownangel

clownangel

Student
Sep 25, 2019
If they never know for sure if I'm dead that little hope may drive them crazy and may make them do insane things?
I watch a lot of true crime stuff and in long drawn out missing persons cases the families always just wish they knew where their loved one was, and what happened even if they know there's a snowballs chance in hell that they're still alive.

I think a lot of the time even if you have ID, and you're found by police most people have to be identified by next of kin or to arrange services after they might be asked if they want to see the decedent and say goodbye. So I figure mine will have to see me at some point - but I'd rather they not find me first. (A friend of mine ctb in highschool, his brother found him. After seeing what that did to him I don't wish it on anyone - but that's just me.)

I tend to think that having the 'proof' would be an important part of the process for family and friends.
Agreeing with this. It's pretty much why most people have funeral services, for the living to help them process & grieve the loss.

Reactions: Miss_Takes
H

HenryHobkins

Student
Nov 5, 2020
Stumbling across a body is traumatizing. They will probably see your body eventually once your body goes to the morgue, but they will be at least be sort of prepared for it

Y

Yiyo123

Apr 24, 2020
I posted about a week ago that i wanted to donate my organs when I ctb. It's simply a wish of give meaning to my currently meaningless life. But now I know that it's almost impossible to acomplish. So If i ctb, i don't want to be found and I'm not going to leave a suicide note.

AmDead

AmDead

早く死にたい
Aug 20, 2020
I'm going to (hopefully) leave a note and I'm 100% no one can find me. Plus my parents have always known I'm suicidal so I don't think they'd question my death.
my body would be eaten by wild animals within the day and I don't think even the police would spend their time looking through every bush/lake within a 20 section area lol

Reactions: I screwed up
O

ob600

Dec 17, 2020
I'm going to (hopefully) leave a note and I'm 100% no one can find me. Plus my parents have always known I'm suicidal so I don't think they'd question my death.
my body would be eaten by wild animals within the day and I don't think even the police would spend their time looking through every bush/lake within a 20 section area lol
What country? I watch a lot of true crime, and I'm always struck by how quickly a body is discovered by a hiker or jogger or something. Obviously, true crime deals with known cases, and lots of murdered people are never found, but it's still incredible how quickly bodies are found. And those bodies are concealed after death, which yours wouldn't be. Don't be so sure that you wouldn't be found. I too dream of not being found, but it's unlikely. If you can reach the area, someone else can. And you will leave some sort of trail unless you plan really carefully (your electronics, your vehicle or uber).

You could pay cash for a taxi to a remote area, then go by foot the rest of the way with no electronics, but even then, decent chance some hiker or jogger would find your body within days or weeks

R

Ragtime piano

Jul 2, 2020
I am so sorry for your pain and that life has become so unbearable for you. Agree with previous comments that those who love you will need "closure". Please take time to write them a letter in which I hope you can assure them that they need not blame themselves and express some words of love and gratitude. They will blame themselves anyway - that's human nature - so if you truly feel there is no other pathway for you then I urge you to do whatever you can to ease the pain for those you leave behind.

Reactions: Deleted member 22624
Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
I'm a father. My son actually tried to hang himself out in the woods a while back. I know if, perish the thought, that happened to him I would rather find him than know he was out there somewhere, cold and wet, getting picked apart by animals. It doesn't matter that I know he's gone, it must be a parent thing. So I would say it's better to just let them get over the shock of finding you. At least they'll have closure.

• Love
Reactions: NegativeSymptoms, rabbithole and Deleted member 22624
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
What country? I watch a lot of true crime, and I'm always struck by how quickly a body is discovered by a hiker or jogger or something. Obviously, true crime deals with known cases, and lots of murdered people are never found, but it's still incredible how quickly bodies are found. And those bodies are concealed after death, which yours wouldn't be. Don't be so sure that you wouldn't be found. I too dream of not being found, but it's unlikely. If you can reach the area, someone else can. And you will leave some sort of trail unless you plan really carefully (your electronics, your vehicle or uber).

You could pay cash for a taxi to a remote area, then go by foot the rest of the way with no electronics, but even then, decent chance some hiker or jogger would find your body within days or weeks
It's always someone with a dog. I doubt they'd resist a dead body, they just love to sniff dead things.

Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
If you position yourself relatively close to a path / street or the edge of the forest near a field or anything there is a high chance you will be found soon. You don't necessarily need to walk 50km into the wilderness to ctb. If you want to make sure you can give a hint in your suicide note, too.

Since I'll do it in forest there's no chance they'll find my body and even if they did after months they can't recognise it's me.
Unknown corpses can be identified via dental impressions done by the dentist and by your DNA. You can even extract DNA from fire victims or bare skeletons. As you said having your ID with you will also help. The chance that your body will not be identified is basically 0%.

sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Probably never finding it but that's really unlikely.

AmDead

AmDead

早く死にたい
Aug 20, 2020

I live in Canada, very rural. It's a farmland so no trails, no hikers or joggers. Some bushes are so thick people can barely crawl into them. I was thinking of riding my pony out there bareback, then let him loose and I know he'll bolt the hell away from me if I let him loose lol
I'm not going to take my phone or leave my method in my note. As far as anyone knows I could be drowned in a slough or hung in one of the thousands of tree patches, or overdosed in thick bush.

• Hugs
Reactions: sadworld
O

ob600

Dec 17, 2020
It's always someone with a dog. I doubt they'd resist a dead body, they just love to sniff dead things.
True, I didn't think of that. There is often a dog. But lots of times, it's just kids playing by a river, a jogger, a hiker, a fisherman. It's uncanny

Reactions: Deleted member 22624
D

Dontdoit99

Feb 23, 2021
I plan to hang myself in forest. I'll leave a suicide note in home. I'm sure they'll file a missing report to police.

So I was wondering what would be less difficult for my family finding my suicide note but never finding my dead body.

Or having the suicide note and police finding my dead body.

I don't know which one will be better, if finding my dead body will be easier for them I'll take my phone with me so that I can be tracked soon.

Knowing that I'm dead they'll have to deal with the pain once and get over it?

What are your thoughts?
Your family will be in pain for the rest of their lives. Please don't do this. I'm bipolar. I've been where you are. Don't this. Please.

Last edited: