-w-

-w-

Traveler
Nov 10, 2023
I never was around when the SaSu Reddit was up (Starting lurking around 1.5 years ago) but I've always wondered what the old reddit was like for any veterans reading this. Also if you have any archives of the sub before it was taken down would be nice.

Reactions: sserafim, Celerity, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I'm not 100% sure but I think it was related to A.S.H ( alternate suicide holiday ).
alt.suicide.holiday
ash.notearthtoday.org

Reactions: sserafim
U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
Why SaSu reddit was banned?

U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
Breaking the reddit tos iirc
:l I have never used Reddit in my life so I don't know how strict they are when it comes to suicide and suicide related stuff.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
It was very chill but much less active than this forum. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. Nowadays, you can't say anything even remotely troubling without a bot sending you an "uplifting" message with hotline numbers listed.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and sserafim
Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
It was very chill but much less active than this forum. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. Nowadays, you can't say anything even remotely troubling without a bot sending you an "uplifting" message with hotline numbers listed.
It's only because Reddit wants to cover their ground legally. I'm sure authorities would find something wrong with Reddit if they allowed that sort of content, or any of the content they allowed 5-10 years ago to resurface. That and the media presence doesn't look too good if they don't cover their bases. In reality, no one actually gives a shit on those subreddits about other people's feelings, it's just a facade.

Reactions: sserafim and Skathon
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I was active from late 2014 to early 2016.

For one thing the kind of method discussion that takes place here was completely forbidden. Violations of that rule I believe were what led to the subreddit's banning.

Having it be a part of reddit was kind of awkward. It was easier for other Reddit users to commit "drive-bys". If they saw it was in your post history you could get a lot of shit for that too.

But in other respects it was very similar. A generally young audience, lots of venting about the woes of the world and unfairness of the world.

There was this one user named elepehantsofmay who posted a lot and whose announced CTB got a relatively large amount of attention on the site. There were doubts whether that user was ever genuine or not.

A small thing I have found missing from here that was present there was that every so often there would be a very knowledgeable member about all sorts of things but who was a major provocateur and antagonist: ilikeitquiet, grirn, yourevile, zippo.

• Informative
Reactions: Pluto, Duality, movinout17 and 3 others