she

she

one day at a time
Apr 9, 2023
I would like to binge-watch one last TV show before I CTB. I'm planning on doing it relatively soon. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Regular Show

B

bogota11

Nov 23, 2021
Deadwood if you want something serious, Venture Bros if you want something funny. Hannibal if you want something beautiful and bloody.

Reactions: FundamentalAspect
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
it depends what kind of topic you find comforting? there is that show 13 reasons why.. its about suicide. I've thought about watching that myself.

F

FundamentalAspect

Apr 8, 2023
I second the Deadwood recommendation! David Milch was a brilliant writer and most of his series were/are good, or at least interesting and occasionally out-there, but Deadwood is exceptional. And you will likely recognise most of the cast from other things, especially if you've watched Sons of Anarchy or anything from the Walking Dead universe (at least that's my understanding, I only watched a few episodes of FTWD because zombies don't really do it for me. SoA was pretty good.).

My biggest recommendation aside from Deadwood would be Twin Peaks. Somebody thought it was a good idea to give legendarily weird and brilliant director David Lynch a lot of money and creative control over an hour-long television series. It was outstanding. I cannot recommend this show, or the return that aired on Showtime in 2017, enough. The movie was interesting too, a prequel to the show, and was released after the show had already been cancelled. Twin Peaks is rich and layered, definitely worth considering if you look for something you can chew on when picking your entertainment.

Should you be looking for something in a lighter vein, Blackadder is absurd fun. Kingdom Hospital is a darker shade of fun (slightly lighter side of Stephen King), though it can be a little difficult to get hold of these days.

OZ was a good show from HBO, yet another where you will likely recognise the majority of the cast. The Sopranos is from around same period on HBO, and shame on you if you haven't seen it, you may want to pick it up. If you want a somewhat low-budget 90's action television drama that takes itself far too seriously then Highlander and Forever Knight are amusing options.

Reactions: bogota11
B

bogota11

Nov 23, 2021
Twin Peaks is a great recommendation! Can't believe I forgot that one.

Reactions: FundamentalAspect
One day too late

One day too late

I don't want hope. Hope is killing me.
Aug 14, 2020
loverfromhell

loverfromhell

i don’t wanna be here
May 1, 2023
i think watching The Good Place is really interesting as a suicidal person . it's a super interesting take on the afterlife and has amazing characters and storytelling . i love it a lot tbh.
Twin Peaks is also a great recommendation, very surreal and fun. Definitely is a very specific taste but absolutely worth a try!