C

Coffeehead

Oct 16, 2023
Planning to CTB within the week and don't know what I should do about leaving notes. I think many people will be surprised and I don't know if I should leave them notes or not, and for some people I don't know what to write (like family who partly caused my suicide)

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
My "note" will be a packet of documentation. It'll include my will, my advance directive (Do Not Resuscitate- pull the damn plug), my pre-arranged pre-paid funeral documentation, et cetera.

It'll also probably include an apology for the pain I cause them, and a statement that I tried my best, and hung in there as long as I was capable of- and that it's not their fault.

I don't think I'm capable of writing personal notes to each loved one. If you are, and it would help you, or potentially help them- by all means, do it.

What you need to say to them, or what you need to express- that's kinda solely on you.

Reactions: nothinggoldcanstay, WAITING TO DIE and imissmykitten
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's up to the individual what to write in a suicide note or whether to write one at all, nobody is owed an explanation. But if the point of a note is to try and give people some understanding then I'd explain that suicide is what I wished for and maybe explain why.

• Informative
Reactions: NeedAnEscape and WAITING TO DIE
M

misophoned

Sep 17, 2023
To add to what Mehdone said, allocate all of your items to specific people. Cataloguing may be a consuming process depending on how many physical items you have, but think about what things of yours people complimented or liked. It makes things easier when picking up your stuff if each person knows exactly what to get. You may want to leave your phone password so they can use selfies of you for your funeral pamphlet. It helps if you designate certain pictures you think are good so they have one less decision to make. Suggest a date for your funeral so your next of mind don't have to struggle to pick one and they can just plan around it. Set up a time, day, and address of a place where they can donate your clothes. Grieving people don't immediately concern themselves with logistics so preparing this might tic something of their list.

Reactions: mehdone and WAITING TO DIE
iDontKnowWhat

iDontKnowWhat

Oct 12, 2023
I know things that i'll certainly put in my suicide note:

1 - Don't try to find someone to blame, because no one is to blame. Please, don't do that. PLEASE!
2 - Please, forgive me!
3 - I love you all!
4 - Wherever I am, I want to see you happy! So, when you remember me, please be happy, otherwise, I'll be sad!
5 - If you are sad, i'm sad... but if you are happy then i'm happy!

• Love
Reactions: NeedAnEscape and WAITING TO DIE
Altalune

Altalune

alea iacta est
Oct 21, 2023
Here are the titles I have, I wrote multiple letters:

- Personal letters to each one of my friends plus my (now ex) boyfriend

- a letter addressed to my family in general

- a letter for my mom and dad specifically

- a general letter explaining the basics and the method I used

- a sort of official thing asking for my news to not be publicized and respecting my privacy.

Everything I own and all my money is going to charity

Reactions: Saxenomorph, misophoned and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I'm just gonna state the basics such as :
1. None of this is anybodies fault.
2. My decision is a logical one vs an emotional one.
3. I've suffered for far too long, and there is no fight left in me.
4. Please don't be sad that I am dead, because I died inside a long time ago.

• Informative
Reactions: Saxenomorph, NeedAnEscape and mehdone
PreCambrianBliss

PreCambrianBliss

Touring the primordial aeon
Apr 26, 2023
Imo the best note to leave is one your family can hold on to and remind them of happy memories of you. Even if they weren't all that great to you, I think it's better not to make the world any more miserable than it already is.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
I am just writing a note to everyone in general making sure they all know none of this is their faults and that I've been wanting to do this for a while and a small explanation on what I've been secretly going through the past few months and how I've only stayed this long for everyone else and I just wish they will sooner or later understand and accept my choice.

Reactions: mehdone and WAITING TO DIE
A

_apathetic

Not my mother tongue, sorry.
Oct 1, 2023
For me, I would write "got nothing to lose so fuck you."

Reactions: lagourde and wiinterfrost
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
My "note" will be a packet of documentation. It'll include my will, my advance directive (Do Not Resuscitate- pull the damn plug), my pre-arranged pre-paid funeral documentation, et cetera.

It'll also probably include an apology for the pain I cause them, and a statement that I tried my best, and hung in there as long as I was capable of- and that it's not their fault.

I don't think I'm capable of writing personal notes to each loved one. If you are, and it would help you, or potentially help them- by all means, do it.

What you need to say to them, or what you need to express- that's kinda solely on you.
How did you get a DNR signed? My doctor refuses to sign mines, said I'm too young 🤨 I thought about just faking a document and leaving it out if I go that route, how will the EMTs know if it's true??

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
How did you get a DNR signed? My doctor refuses to sign mines, said I'm too young 🤨 I thought about just faking a document and leaving it out if I go that route, how will the EMTs know if it's true??
You'll need to find a different doctor.
I would suggest telling that new doctor why you don't want to be resuscitated, for example, to quote a website about DNR's:

"Successful resuscitation can cause significant physical injuries. For example, chest compressions can cause broken ribs, punctured lungs, and possibly a damaged heart."

Intubation can also cause damage. There is also a risk of brain damage from lack of oxygen.

The unfortunate reality is that even with a valid, legal, signed DNR- the first responders will ignore it. There's also a high probability that the hospital will ignore it as well, even if a family member is there shoving the DNR in their face. This is not right, and not how it should be- but it is the unfortunate reality.

Reactions: Stormy Raine
jellie

jellie

May 9, 2023
I am not sure what will work for you but I will include a copy of what my note will likely be. the note is intended for my parents as they would likely find me. if I plan on dying elsewhere I plan on including more notes for other important people to me (romantic partner and friends)

My name is [redacted]. I was born [redacted date]

I wish I could give you a singular reason as to why I did this. I think it was just time. I have thought about it for a long time, and I think I always knew it would come to this.

I am so sorry to have done this, I know what I have done will hurt you. Know that I love you so so much, and will not stop loving you even past the point of my passing. I don't know what will happen to me and I am scared but I am ready. This is not your fault, please never think that it is. Nothing you could have done would have changed my mind.

Please keep [my childhood stuffed animals]. I would like to be cremated and have a marker put up.

I love you, please don't hate me for this.

neverknowsbest0

neverknowsbest0

Überm sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet.
Nov 5, 2023
Just try to put all the feelings that were bothering you this whole time into words, i would do so.

neverknowsbest0

neverknowsbest0

Überm sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet.
Nov 5, 2023
Wish I could do that, why is it so hard to express my feelings.

Alcohol really helps, try it
while drunk everything is more emotional. And it's waaaay easier to fully open to urself and ur emotions, feelings.

Reactions: _apathetic