H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
I'm losing motivation each passing day to catch up on my hobbies, etc. I have no access to therapy, no nothing atm. All i find myself doing is coming back here everyday to vent abt my problems. Should I cont. like this or should I try to better myself a little more b4 I CTB?

• Hugs
Reactions: Illidan77, BBBB, Homo erectus and 3 others
Illidan77

Illidan77

╰━≪ - ≫─╯
Nov 22, 2022
i would recommend to try as much as you can to better yourself first, idk i believe personally it would make ctb easier in a way.
you can try apps like mindfulness, woebot, balance, heartfulness, mindtera, well there are a lot of apps like that. or resources on the recovery section.

Reactions: BBBB and H.O.Xan
Sadbrains

Sadbrains

She/They
Mar 10, 2023
My last wish is for you to stay on this planet and continue to suffer, as I'm in the same boat, but I'd say try and better yourself. The more you try, the more content you can be with CTB, if bettering yourself is something that could potentially help drive you away from the end game. So either way, if you decide to or not, I'd say go for it if you still have enough in you.

Reactions: Illidan77 and H.O.Xan
Brew

Brew

Professional Jaywalker
Nov 8, 2021
you can try apps like mindfulness, woebot, balance, heartfulness, mindtera, well there are a lot of apps like that.
I'd advise against doing that.

Also, OP, do you know one of the best things you can do with rationalizing survival instincts?
You can try pretty much anything else you wouldn't otherwise do because of any other reason... except monetary ones. That, I'd say, requires some creativity and brain exercise it can help you with anything else related to your capacity.

Allow yourself to be bored whenever possible. Humanity hates it so much we created Boredom 2 and called it social media. Stop consuming all the things that prey on your misery, and let yourself alight from a spark of rage, knowing possibly every single bad thing you're going through relates to rich people you will never know anything about.

These are the vaguest suggestions I can give ya. Hope it helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: H.O.Xan and Illidan77
Illidan77

Illidan77

╰━≪ - ≫─╯
Nov 22, 2022
@Brew wow that's a long video and very good.
He does know a lot about CBT and is true, I agree that AI is not as effective as real psychologist / psychiatrist (but competent one), so yeah don't use AI chatbot for CBT therapy but.. there is a good app but i've uninstalled it which is kinda just give reference like cognitive distortion checklist and i believe it was free but again to really dig deep, it does require a professional.

But not all self-help app is money oriented, and yeah stay away from app that require you to pay especially a lot and give a promised guarantee.

well from all that apps that i mentioned, honestly i haven't tried it all..
  • Balance. It's a mindfulness / meditation and i find it very helpful personally and it offer 1 year guest pass in which you can access a lot of the app features. This is the reason i haven't try the other apps.
  • Woebot. well it is an AI chat bot and i haven't test it.
  • Replica is bad.
  • Voice. Idk i just feel it silly.
  • Heartfulness is free.
  • Daywell is free.
But the youtube video is very good to be careful about those swarming self-help apps. And the apps he's showing is really bad apps. Thanks for the link.

Reactions: H.O.Xan
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Meet small goals, even tiny ones.

Reactions: H.O.Xan