• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
From a purely scientific standpoint, assuming you're not religious, there is no end goal. We are randomly "chosen" to birthed on this world, and by "chosen", I mean you happen to be born. Then you go through life with all this lovey-dovey parental stuff, assuming you even have decent parents, and slave away at a job like everyone else, assuming you don't currently live off disability or are looking for work. Some people get the short end of the stick while others live their best life. Some are abused, bullied or impoverished. Some are ill, which means they're literally just born to suffer, which may be manageable but it really doesn't matter because at the end of the day, we all end up in the same place. There is no "hell". Everyone, regardless of whether they're considered "good" or "bad šŸ˜§ ", ends up in the same place. Morals are merely man-made concepts that mean nothing in the long wrong. So if you're a child abusing, pedophilic, murdering rapist, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, as long as you're not caught. Why? Because without some sort of divine, the only one that cares IS man. At the end of the day, both groups end up in a black void, blinded and demented for eternity. If anything, it seems the "best" ones often go out early or too soon and the "worst" ones prosper. Knew of anyone you loved or any "great" people that are no longer with us? I bet you know a lot of "vile" people that are still kicking.

When your brain dies, so do you. When you die, you "see" blackness for all eternity. Except, you can't think or care because, for all that's said, that is deprived from you. You forget your parents, "friends", anyone you knew or anything you've done and guess what? So did they. Your mom and dad don't give a shit about you anymore.

Does your family have a gravesite? Might as well abolish that shit because there is no point. Your mom and dad don't love you nor does anyone in your family, ever since they went six feet under. They don't even know who you are. All that is left of them is their rotting skeletons. They mean nothing, they're inanimate objects.

People are just people. Put that aside for a minute. Forget that you have "friends" or a wife or partner. At the end of the day, they are just complete strangers you have met and decided to live out a man-made relationship with, happened to be met in a crowd of a cold, busy, wild world.

You are aloneā€¦

Ultimately, you will die alone. Nobody can guide you through it because at the other side, you are nothing, "hear" nothing, "see" nothing, and are completely and utterly "demented". Just permanent darkness for eternity.

So why then? Why are we even here? What the hell is the point? If none of this matters, why does it matter whether or not I, bluntly said, put a revolver in my mouth and blow my brains out? It clearly doesn't. The only way you or I would think it does is if you or I follow man-made concepts of morality.

Many scientists and atheists have been interviewed and all say they are content with embracing eternal darkness, blindness and dementia by living their best life. Well then, what the fuck are we doing with ourselves? If we only have one shot at this, supposedly, by scientists and atheists that all say they ABSOLUTELY, 100% without a shadow of a doubt know everything that happens after death and "where we go", why are we wasting it dong mundane shit? Why do we even work, dress, groom, drive? Why don't we all just get butt-naked right now and streak outside? Everyone! And before you pump your fist in the air, let go of your emotions for a minute and think. The only reason you don't is because of man-made morals. Why are we restraining ourselves to our own confines if nothing really matters?

And then what is the point of all this anyways? Why do we exist? Why do we even live on a plane of stress, hunger, illness and suffering? Do you have any idea how "insane" this sounds? If you even believe in "sane". What the hell is "sane"? We evolved to exist where we are now and our first thought is to thrive? Why? Why didn't we just end ourselves? "Instinct" you say. But why? "To survive" you say. But why? What the hell is the point?

Look, if you or I jumped off a bridge right now (death), the truth is, it philosophically and naturally wouldn't matter. The world would keep turning. People would continue stepping around all over the place. But if we chose to continue (life), it still wouldn't matter.

So what the hell is the point? To me, this whole planet, this life and its people just sum up to absurdity. The fact any of this exists is just absurd.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
There is no point. Humans can only think about such questions because we are sentient to begin with. You don't see other animals thinking about the same types of questions... instead they just live their life the way it currently is. Humans are intelligent enough to question the meaning of life yet aren't intelligent enough to acknowledge that there is no meaning of life, at least not an objective one

Also, you wrote an amazing post. It's really profound

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Objectively to procreate.

Subjectively to have as fun much and adventures while youĀ“re young and when you become old and boring have children to vicariously experience their fun, excitement and happiness through them then death.
When your brain dies, so do you. When you die, you "see" blackness for all eternity. Except, you can't think or care because, for all that's said, that is deprived from you. You forget your parents, "friends", anyone you knew or anything you've done and guess what? So did they. Your mom and dad don't give a shit about you anymore.
I would like to add to this despite "see" was put in quotation signs you donĀ“t see anything because since your brain is dead you canĀ“t experience the blackness so itĀ“s not like "youĀ“re trapped in a dark room forever" to quote Alan Watts from this video
I would also like to give you people something to ponder over in case you have been under anesthesia before I think that is most likely what death will "feel" like you just drift off, you donĀ“t dream, you canĀ“t feel your body, the last you see is the blackness from behind your eyelids but afterwards while you are out you donĀ“t see any blackness because you canĀ“t experience it since your brain is anaesthetised here is a picture I found on the internet some years ago I think describes it pretty good.
Anestesia is like being dead

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
What is the point of gravity? Does it have a personality or a main goal? Seems unlikely. It's simply a force of attraction between one thing and another. I suspect evolution is the same. Simply manipulating whatever it came into contact with for billions of years till it resulted in us. Our parents were just another pair of the trillions who were suckered in by their primal instincts.

Does it matter if we kill ourselves? It might to other people. Cold hard logic isn't too comforting when you're grieving. Not to say that should prevent us but it isn't so simple as just leaving and everything carries on as normal (in many cases.) We've been cursed with emotions unfortunately. I don't think it's terribly fair to expect people to just handle things they find traumatic. Any more than it's fair that they expect us to. If only suicide was more openly discussed. Maybe that would pave the way to it being more accepted.

J

juna

Death is the only truth...
Mar 4, 2024
Love the post, whoever wrote this, really has a point. There is absolutely no point. I wonder why people run after money and everything. We are nothing in universe. We mean nothing. Nothing will change even if I die.
I stand by the statement someone said on this forum - "If you are happy, live. If you are suffering and see no hope, die".

In earlier times, life expectancy was 40 years. Truly saying, 40 years seems doable somehow. I can't even imagine living beyond 30 right now though.

sickgirlzis

sickgirlzis

the most optimistic pessimist
Apr 17, 2024
it's true, there is no point (besides procreation i guess.) which is strange and scary, but it can also be freeing. you dont need to be like everyone else or follow a certain societal expectation. you can just be who you want to be. i think the point of life is to have fun and be happy.

Reactions: divinemistress36
RoseGarden

RoseGarden

Alone & Unloved
Apr 10, 2024
People have been asking since since before we developed language. The honest answer is that there isn't one. We're a random collection of particles that just happen to have gained sentience. Most people's lives are meaningless. They'll accomplish little, and not be remembered beyond a generation or two. As far as I see it, there's not a point in staying alive beyond just being comfortable.

I'm not comfortable, so I'm looking at the alternative. Fuck existing.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
The meaning of life is that once you die and decay, your remains foster new life, and the cycle continues. Life always gets its way. From the moment you conceived, you become nothing more than "food" for more life eventually. Life doesnt care whether you die young, or die old, or what you do while "living", like going to school, working, marrying, murdering people, crying, etc - all "Life" cares about is that you were already created, and that eventually, sooner OR later, "Life" is going to "get you back" in the form of sustenance in order to create and foster more life. You cant get out of it. It's predetermined that you will die. And "Life" doesnt care if you kill yourself, either - that just means that "Life" gets all of the sustenance to make new life a little early.

Thats the meaning of "Life" - we are nothing but food for new life. It doesnt even matter what happens to us - even if we get eaten by a shark - because eventually the shark will die, too, and supply all of its sustenance to new life, ALONG with the sustenance that IS you. There's no getting out of this cycle for ANY life.

M

malevolentdiety

Mar 16, 2024
The meaning of life is that once you die and decay, your remains foster new life, and the cycle continues. Life always gets its way. From the moment you conceived, you become nothing more than "food" for more life eventually. Life doesnt care whether you die young, or die old, or what you do while "living", like going to school, working, marrying, murdering people, crying, etc - all "Life" cares about is that you were already created, and that eventually, sooner OR later, "Life" is going to "get you back" in the form of sustenance in order to create and foster more life. You cant get out of it. It's predetermined that you will die. And "Life" doesnt care if you kill yourself, either - that just means that "Life" gets all of the sustenance to make new life a little early.

Thats the meaning of "Life" - we are nothing but food for new life. It doesnt even matter what happens to us - even if we get eaten by a shark - because eventually the shark will die, too, and supply all of its sustenance to new life, ALONG with the sustenance that IS you. There's no getting out of this cycle for ANY life.
There is no opposite to life. The opposite of death is birth.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
There is no opposite to life. The opposite of death is birth.
Not sure what you mean at all, and not sure where I talked about anything being "opposite" of anything else. šŸ˜• I only stated what I believe to be the sole purpose of "life" - sustenance for the furtherance of future life - and I stand by that assertion.

M

mark404

Jan 11, 2024
On a psychological/biological level, I kind of think life might be like an addiction. Simply existing gives one (immense) pleasure, but we don't realize that it does. Maybe it's why suicide is perceived as evil by the general public, because everyone has an innate averse reaction to ending the pleasure that comes from existing. But as a person goes through more shit and traumatic experiences, and perhaps develops depression, this innate pleasure is dampened by the pain that comes from existing in the current shit environment and maybe even disappears altogether. This leaves people like us wondering what the point of living is, because what's the point of doing something if it's just pain and doesn't bring any pleasure?

Asking what is the point of life is like asking what is the point of doing things that feel good. People do things that feel good because they feel good, period. There is no need for a justification because for humans, pleasure is something that is always good and does not require any justification. Justification is the act of proving the value in undergoing a certain action, and that value itself is measured by how much pleasure it brings humans. And since simply existing gives pleasure for most people, to them there might be no point in asking what the meaning of life is. Most people continue to live life because it feels good, period.

Last edited:
Abyssal

Abyssal

Recovered and alive, less suicidal
Nov 26, 2023
If there is a point then we will never know. Maybe we have some collective purpose in the world hidden to us but even then I'd still be so inconsequential. Others will live to fill any gap I leave.

But honestly? I don't think there is a reason.

M

mark404

Jan 11, 2024
We often ask why anything matters, since we are just specks of dust in a vast universe. But the troubling thing is that the brain and cognitive capabilities that ponder that question have innate concepts of good, bad, worth, and value built into them, which is that pleasure is good and pain is bad. The reason many people want to die is because living is painful. Ok, maybe there is no point in living. But if we are just specks of dust, then why do we endeavor so much to die? What is the point of dying? If we were just a speck of dust, then it wouldn't matter whether we lived or died. There would be no point in either outcome.

Btw I'm not arguing against dying, this is all just a rant I made because I'm bored and have no friends to express this to.

Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
The only point I see is to help those who are suffering and to prevent future suffering.

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
"the meaning of life is a jumper one must knit for themself"

M

malevolentdiety

Mar 16, 2024
Not sure what you mean at all, and not sure where I talked about anything being "opposite" of anything else. šŸ˜• I only stated what I believe to be the sole purpose of "life" - sustenance for the furtherance of future life - and I stand by that assertion.
No but you make a good point about how all there is is life. I just put that in there to emphasize your point ā¤ļø