dizzdesi

dizzdesi

Oct 13, 2023
Ugh…this season is so fucking difficult. My birthday's coming up, Christmas.. people keep asking me what I want and I don't know how to tell 'em I don't want anything, I won't be here for much longer! 😭😭 I've already started selling my things to save up for my family when I pass but I don't want them to be burdened w more of my shit. Advice?? :(( ps they don't listen to me when I tell them I don't want anything. I'm thinking maybe I should ask for gifts that my entire family can benefit from. Like new cups or pans…

• Hugs
Reactions: DyingToDie123, february in alaska, backtoearth and 1 other person
UtopianSoliloquies

UtopianSoliloquies

Act 3 Scene 1
Jan 21, 2023
The bitter irony of others asking you about things in a future you know damn well you don't have is really hard, I feel you. The cups and pans thing is a pretty good idea, and if you can manage that, that'll be great. The bottom line is to probably ask them for something that doesn't cost very much so they don't waste money on gifts that you won't be around for.

• Love
Reactions: february in alaska and dizzdesi
dizzdesi

dizzdesi

Oct 13, 2023
The bitter irony of others asking you about things in a future you know damn well you don't have is really hard, I feel you. The cups and pans thing is a pretty good idea, and if you can manage that, that'll be great. The bottom line is to probably ask them for something that doesn't cost very much so they don't waste money on gifts that you won't be around for.
Good idea abt the money thing 👍 yes the more I thought abt it I realized I have some ideas..I think it make sense to ask for some products I'll use in the meantime like lotion and mascara. Oh or maybe some tickets to do something w my loved ones before I go. I think those sound reasonable!

• Hugs
Reactions: UtopianSoliloquies
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
I have the same problem, birthday and Christmas and feeling the gifts will be a waste and trying to think of cheap and meaningless things… on the other hand, I wasn't keen on receiving presents last year either because I thought I wouldn't be around to use them, yet I'm still here 🤷‍♀️😅

• Hugs
Reactions: dizzdesi