RedBuns

RedBuns

Dec 18, 2018
I've seen this thread before a few weeks ago, but I can't seem to find it now :( there was so many good suggestions, so I'm asking, what song(s) would you CTB to?

Reactions: F#minor and Isadeth
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Silence for me. Blissful peaceful silence.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: F#minor, Isadeth and Deleted member 18655
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020

• Love
Reactions: homebound, XYZ, Sweet Release and 3 others
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
2 songs by Alice in Chains: Rotten Apple and Nutshell

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Release, F#minor, Lost in a Dream and 4 others
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
The End by The Doors. It's perfect to end my life at peace.

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Release, F#minor and Lost in a Dream
overwhelming

overwhelming

Jul 6, 2020
the cure- disintegration

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Release, F#minor, RicRac and 1 other person
ExitStageLeft

ExitStageLeft

Experienced
Mar 7, 2020

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Release, Beautiful Angel, F#minor and 1 other person
RicRac

RicRac

Aug 15, 2020
I'd say, The Cure Faith.

• Love
Reactions: LivedTooLong and F#minor
Wincombe00

Wincombe00

All is quiet on New Years Day...
Jun 30, 2020
Everlong by Foo Fighters and Disco 2000 by Pulp. I've got very overwhelming memories from those songs.

Reactions: F#minor and Anthagonos
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I thought I had a craving to hear this song so I looked it up, to post it in the Megathread. After the first three notes, I was sobbing. This is going to be the song.

It breaks me, shatters me, kills me. :heart:

• Love
Reactions: airboy_a380, F#minor and Isadeth
Anthagonos

Anthagonos

Hablo español
Aug 9, 2020
Strawberry wine - Massive internal complicatons

Reactions: bravotess and F#minor
F#minor

F#minor

Aug 18, 2020

• Love
Reactions: XYZ, Isadeth, JohnDoe555 and 1 other person
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Until recently I was not-so-mildly obsessed with Rachmaninov :hug:. I'm a synesthete and his stuff is a trip! Haha

• Love
Reactions: Isadeth, JohnDoe555 and F#minor
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
This will more than likely be the last song I will listen to. It's one of my favorite songs and I love Tim Eriksen's music. First discovered him on Rhapsody in 2004. Fell in love immediately. ♡

• Love
Reactions: airboy_a380, XYZ, F#minor and 1 other person
JohnDoe555

JohnDoe555

Arcanist
Aug 5, 2020

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, XYZ, Mistake of Nature and 2 others
F#minor

F#minor

Aug 18, 2020
Until recently I was not-so-mildly obsessed with Rachmaninov :hug:. I'm a synesthete and his stuff is a trip! Haha
The second concerto with its opening tolling chords and dirge-like theme in the cellos and basses that follows, anchored by the lowest C on the piano, is music to accompany the dessification of my soul.

Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
The second concerto with its opening tolling chords and dirge-like theme in the cellos and basses that follows, anchored by the lowest C on the piano, is music to accompany the dessification of my soul.
He loves the low notes, doesn't he! In the chorale pieces I always pitied the men. As a coloratura I was just there for the sake of an extra voice; the men had all of the work to do. When I let myself "see" music, it was the low strings that stirred up the most vivid images of movement and depth (the lower and more dirge-like the better).

• Love
Reactions: F#minor
F#minor

F#minor

Aug 18, 2020

There's actually a prelude called the "suicide" prelude. It's in F Minor. No. 18 I think. You can hear a person's desperation in struggling to overcome the SI, digging into their utter torment to find the will to take the ultimate plunge, ending with two death knell chords at the end that declare the heartbeat's flatlining. The raindrop is more sublime, though, and comforting.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 18655 and Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
So many great choices you guys! I know originally chose Unleashed by Epica as the final song in the first thread like this one, but at this point I have a small playlist started, since it's really hard to choose just one. I'm thinking it would be nice to listen to a few good songs at the very end, before actually doing the deed, but I'm going to stick with my original choice when I'm actually dying.

• Aww..
Reactions: XYZ and F#minor
F#minor

F#minor

Aug 18, 2020
He loves the low notes, doesn't he! In the chorale pieces I always pitied the men. As a coloratura I was just there for the sake of an extra voice; the men had all of the work to do. When I let myself "see" music, it was the low strings that stirred up the most vivid images of movement and depth (the lower and more dirge-like the better).
Awesome you got to sing his old-church-slavonic Russian stuff! The vespers are amazing. The basses have to growl out a low b-flat at the end of one movement.

Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
There's actually a prelude called the "suicide" prelude. It's in F Minor. No. 18 I think. You can hear a person's desperation in struggling to overcome the SI, digging into their utter torment to find the will to take the ultimate plunge, ending with two death knell chords at the end that declare the heartbeat's flatlining. The raindrop is more sublime, though, and comforting.
Love it!! Forgive me, it's been 20 years since I spoke academically about music. These days I just feel and see it. I forgot how magical serious music is. Popular stuff has been good because I don't have to invest a lot of energy and thought into experiencing it but it's so worth it. Thank you for the reminder.
Awesome you got to sing his old-church-slavonic Russian stuff! The vespers are amazing. The basses have to growl out a low b-flat at the end of one movement.
Hahahaha It took the longest time to be able to sing it without sobbing through it. It's just way too powerful for me. I don't even open that Pandora's box anymore.

• Love
Reactions: F#minor
F#minor

F#minor

Aug 18, 2020

"Tears" for two pianos

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 18655, Isadeth and J113632
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I discovered a song just last night that might be a good choice if someone likes it. The song itself isn't about suicide per se, just death in general, but it sounds overly happy.

Of course, I now have a disturbing but slightly amusing image in my head of someone finding me after I'm dead, but for some reason this song is being looped nonstop out of a nearby speaker. I don't want to do that to anyone on purpose, but the unfortunate truth is that someone will find us eventually, whether we like the thought of it or not.

Reactions: Isadeth
chopinkms

chopinkms

i'm not alone anymore
Mar 25, 2020
I have quite a lot I've considered- I've actually made a playlist ahaha

space song by beach house
gloomy sunday
harlem river by kevin morby
MOZART'S REQUIEM
(bit basic) Claire de lune
heavenly by cigarettes after sex

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, F#minor and J113632
LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020

• Love
Reactions: F#minor, XYZ and Sweet Release
airboy_a380

airboy_a380

Can´t wait to find Neverland!
Aug 12, 2020
This will more than likely be the last song I will listen to. It's one of my favorite songs and I love Tim Eriksen's music. First discovered him on Rhapsody in 2004. Fell in love immediately. ♡

This song is amazing!

• Love
Sweet Release

Sweet Release

Experienced
Nov 24, 2019
This one for me -

• Love