lattebrew

lattebrew

Oct 22, 2023
I know I'm not the first person to ask a question like this-- but really, what point is there in anything? I can't wrap my head around it. All this struggle, and for what? We're all going to end up buried, so why should we live out a life we have no interest in? Why should we struggle if there isn't a solid point to it other than to "experience" life? I don't want to experience anything, I simply want to rest.

• Hugs
Reactions: Remanant, kvsvenky100, experimentee and 8 others
D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
I feel the same as you. I ask the same thing to my psychiatrists and anyone who tries to "Help" me, and none of them answered the question but instead just changed the topic.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, SMmetalhead36, deadbody and 4 others
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
The purpose of life is to put your 1 in 8,000,000,000 stamp on this world that is the size of a sub-atomic particle in comparison to the observable universe, for 80 or so years of the 5 billion years that the planet has existed.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, tiger b, R_N and 1 other person
icari

icari

Oct 24, 2023
To love and be loved. I had this once, not sure I'll ever have it again. Ultimately I'm not built for this place and finding another person to share that burden with doesn't seem so likely these days. That's why I'm thinking of leaving anyway.

BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
None that I can tell.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I know I'm not the first person to ask a question like this-- but really, what point is there in anything? I can't wrap my head around it. All this struggle, and for what? We're all going to end up buried, so why should we live out a life we have no interest in? Why should we struggle if there isn't a solid point to it other than to "experience" life? I don't want to experience anything, I simply want to rest.
There is no point. I feel the same way, I don't see a purpose in this struggle or living out a life I'm not interested in. I'm going to ctb before 25 because I truly believe adult life is not worth living, and I'm not interested in it. Nothing about adulthood appeals to me. I'm 23 right now and I think I might have to check out now because my mom wants me to get a job and I honestly don't see a point in having to work for a living and pay the costs of existence. I never wanted to be on this planet anyways, and I hate that existence costs money. I hate the fact that I was born. I wish I could just fall asleep and never have to wake up ever again.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, WAITING TO DIE and abl2023
hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
I don't think there's any point in living or existence in general. It just is. Although I will say that humanity has generally no idea of what life is supposed to be. We're so limited. Earth is just a little, tiny piece in the universe. There are so many planets, stars, and galaxies. We will never know the answer to this question. It's too complex of a question for us to comprehend.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, experimentee, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
Don’tDoxMe

Don’tDoxMe

Victim of abuse and the US healthcare system
Oct 19, 2023
I've found purpose in hedonism. If I'm forced to be alive, I should and may as well enjoy it. I attempt whenever I decide that this isn't a good enough reason to keep going.

Last edited:
Reactions: kvsvenky100 and Dying Knight
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I could never see one, existence is just a dreadful mistake to me that was never worth enduring in the first place, all that existing is, is just a process of waiting around to die, it's just meaningless and pointless suffering. I will always see it as preferable to sleep eternally than to put up with this torturous and futile process of decaying from age.

I really cannot stand those people who believe that everyone should suffer just because they want to stay here, pro-life people should just learn to mind their own business as after all suicide is always a valid option. Nobody should be forced to stay in this existence they were unfortunate enough to be burdened with in the first place.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, experimentee, lattebrew and 1 other person
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Life is exhausting, pointless and meaningless.
It's also filled with boring repetition and guaranteed suffering.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, experimentee, Deleted member 65988 and 4 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
There is no meaning really. We are born because our parents made us and we are forced to go through this life until we die.

Our bodies are demanding and pathetic and there is nothing more to life except copium we invent to keep us distracted from reality.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, experimentee, sanction and 2 others
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
It depends on whether you are an optimist or a pessimist, your state of health, circumstances and on what you can do with your life. But everything is time limited and everything will die anyway.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, WAITING TO DIE and lattebrew
lattebrew

lattebrew

Oct 22, 2023
There is no point. I feel the same way, I don't see a purpose in this struggle or living out a life I'm not interested in. I'm going to ctb before 25 because I truly believe adult life is not worth living, and I'm not interested in it. Nothing about adulthood appeals to me. I'm 23 right now and I think I might have to check out now because my mom wants me to get a job and I honestly don't see a point in having to work for a living and pay the costs of existence. I never wanted to be on this planet anyways, and I hate that existence costs money. I hate the fact that I was born. I wish I could just fall asleep and never have to wake up ever again.
Good luck with your future job!! Everything seems so contradictory because to live, you have to make money and sometimes you can't really do that out of something you're truly passionate about (art, writing, music, etc.) unless you're lucky. To even enjoy living you need to be comfortable, and before you think about falling in love, you have to be financially stable. Everything seems so forced and impossible to accomplish without going through hardship.
To love and be loved. I had this once, not sure I'll ever have it again. Ultimately I'm not built for this place and finding another person to share that burden with doesn't seem so likely these days. That's why I'm thinking of leaving anyway.
hopefully, you find someone who loves you soon.

Reactions: kvsvenky100 and WAITING TO DIE
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
Welcome to the broken hearts club. Lost love is why I am jumping to my death.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
I struggle with this almost every single day. Average 5-6 days a week I keep trying to come up with possible solutions to motivate myself to keep going. Also reminding myself, the longer I remain depressed and unmotivated, and delay taking action towards building a better future, the further behind I will become, and it will just compound and get even worst later.

Yet I'm still not able to move forward much, and just stuck at the same spot, continuing to fall behind, as time waits for no one and there is a cost for not taking action everyday

However, every time I finally motivate myself to take some small action that is long-term related, not long after I will naturally question what is even the point of it. All this effort towards building a future seems more like a trap, and putting myself in a position to just prolong the suffering by continuing to live, as it is not worth all the hassle

You're not alone. I wish CTB was easier. It truly is a struggle and never ending torture

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kvsvenky100, lattebrew and WAITING TO DIE
Torabol

Torabol

Student
Apr 15, 2023
It's hard for me to find a reason. I'm just trying to avoid suicide to not harm others but I can't stand being alive.

• Hugs
Reactions: kvsvenky100 and WAITING TO DIE
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
If there is an actual point to life, the human sure as hell doesn't know what it is.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and tiger b
DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
So funny story, on my Hinge profile back when I used it, I had "What do you find the most valuable part of being alive?" on there. The responses I'd get came in 3 varieties:
  • Lol are you serious?
  • Something about friendships/connections/etc.
  • Something about helping others
I no longer have any friends and my career route where I planned to help others is moot now so guess I'm screwed.

Edit: The people who didn't take this seriously were easy rejects for me lol. I truly can't relate to people who just find life intrinsically valuable.

Reactions: Joarga and WAITING TO DIE
C

ChangeWaiter

Oct 23, 2023
It's a long-ass movie/tutorial with hyper realistic sensation, and decision making is an illusion.
Sometimes this model helps me separate myself from the pain. I remember it's just a movie and separate myself from the sensation as in "aha, so that's what's happening, wow, that's pretty painful, so realistic! I wonder what happens next, how's he going to get out of this one? Oh, he lays down with the hands over his head, oh and now come the circling thoughts! Is he really going to work like this? I wonder how that's gonna be like? Oh, don't forget, the body is controlled by outside forces, what do they want him to do?..." and so on.
I've found purpose in hedonism. If I'm forced to be alive, I should and may as well enjoy it. I attempt whenever I decide that this isn't a good enough reason to keep going.
The thinking process of my avatar brought me to the same philosophy.

steppenwolf

steppenwolf

Not a student
Oct 25, 2023
If you want to rest, rest. Rest as long as you need to. Using your brain to ponder important existential questions is exhausting unappreciated work. Let someone else worry about them for a while.

• Love
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and lattebrew
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think that all that it comes down to is preference and obligation. Some people enjoy doing certain things. Even if they can't do them all the time, supposedly it is enough that they can do them some of the time. Of course- you can still argue that the bad outweighs the good in life or- simply that there's nothing that you want to do/experience/achieve. I imagine pro-lifers will just say you need to keep looking for what makes you happy and do anything to find it- take pills, see therapists, try all that you can in life. They'll likely refuse that there's nothing that brings you joy.

If that fails though- obligation is their fall back. You can't kill yourself because it will devastate other people's lives. So- emotional blackmail basically. The point of life now being to not screw up other people's lives. (Nevermind if you're suicidal in part due to them in the first place!)

Even if you don't feel the want to find happiness yourself, people will still insist that you need to keep living. If you feel obliged to do that- then, it may make it easier to get through life with a sense of purpose and for most- it's trying to make themselves happy/content. So- as I see it- there isn't actually a fundamental or universal point to life but- people will decide on one to use as a coping mechanism.

Reactions: Joarga and WAITING TO DIE
S

saddavyd

Sep 18, 2023
Existing isn't difficult. Living is the problem either. It's consciousness. That's where the problem starts.

The best we can do is enjoy it and help others enjoy it. Making connections as we go.

lattebrew

lattebrew

Oct 22, 2023
If you want to rest, rest. Rest as long as you need to. Using your brain to ponder important existential questions is exhausting unappreciated work. Let someone else worry about them for a while.
I love this. I'd rest for eternity, if only time waited for me

S

SMmetalhead36

Ready to have my forever date with suicide
Oct 6, 2023
I ask myself this each day. I hate the fact that I exist.

BonboTheMonkey

BonboTheMonkey

Mar 28, 2023
When I attempted in July, I backed out because I was afraid of missing out on life. Week after already got called ugly again by my friends. I knew then and there I made a mistake. I'm just waiting till I get my drugs back and I'll be able to end it once and for all!

Reactions: SMmetalhead36 and WAITING TO DIE
lattebrew

lattebrew

Oct 22, 2023
When I attempted in July, I backed out because I was afraid of missing out on life. Week after already got called ugly again by my friends. I knew then and there I made a mistake. I'm just waiting till I get my drugs back and I'll be able to end it once and for all!
Those aren't your friends, but people that wish the worst for you. Not even a good acquaintance would dare to say something like that, what makes you think good friends will? Right now, you're missing out on genuine friendships. I say dump your current friends (even if it'll be hard to do) and search for people who wish you nothing but happiness.