• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

4g1vvvven

🔍 Looking for the nicest exit 🚪
Feb 14, 2023
As the title says, I'm interested in what methods other users have entertained only to reconsider.

- what was the method?
- why did you reconsider?

I feel suicidal but clearly have commitment issues here 🤔

It often feels like I'm just window shopping

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and kawaiiphantom
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
od w OTC sleeping pills. reconsidered after an attempt w em, too much of a gamble. i didn't wanna risk surviving w shitty effects from it, or risk surviving again in general. u just need too much for a truly fatal dose.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim and 4g1vvvven
S

stuckinthemud

Student
Nov 14, 2023
My first choice was hanging…it actually horrified me at first but then gaining knowledge on here about it made me aware partial hanging isn't that painful if done correctly.
If I hadn't obtained SN then I would go by partial hanging as it's accessible.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, schizochicken and 4g1vvvven

4g1vvvven

Feb 14, 2023
od w OTC sleeping pills. reconsidered bc too much of a gamble. i didn't wanna risk surviving w shitty effects from it, or risk surviving again in general. u just need too much for a truly fatal dose.
Yeah OTC methods seem to be only getting less effective, I see the success rate as ~4% sometimes

I guess life promises fatality, even with the mores successful methods (>>50%) I worry about being on the flip side

There's obviously survivor bias here but it's devastating to see people fail and even worse

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and sserafim
Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
Jumping.

I chose it out of desperation at first, but finding a place with enough height to guarantee an attempt coupled with the fact that I could traumatize/ physically hurt another unsuspecting person, made me choose a different method.

Reactions: thegoldengirls, Praestat_Mori, sserafim and 3 others

4g1vvvven

Feb 14, 2023
My first choice was hanging…it actually horrified me at first but then gaining knowledge on here about it made me aware partial hanging isn't that painful if done correctly.
If I hadn't obtained SN then I would go by partial hanging as it's accessible.
I think there's a lot in that "if done correctly"
I saw the video of the Australian investments banker who wrote on the window before hand, it was so smooth it looked too good to be true as awful as that may sound.

Congratulations on obtaining SN, I guess that's you're preferred method now?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
All methods except partial hanging. Accessibility

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu and 4g1vvvven
Rumi

Rumi

Experienced
Mar 29, 2023
I have abandoned hanging.

I tried partial before, I succeeded in passing out but I didn't die, woke up with the rope twisted tightly around my neck, it was so painful.

I would recommend any method other than this, besides cutting or electrocution or other stupid shit. Jumping is better, as is drowning with alcohol. There is nothing like coming to with a rope tightly wrapped around your neck without any understanding of how you got there. Plus, hanging leaves a mark on your neck for at least 3-4 weeks, so unless you are accustomed to wearing turtle necks are live alone I would recommend against hanging. Unless your try full suspension, that is guaranteed as long as you are willing to feel pain. 30 seconds to 2 minutes of pain and then eternal peace, but I am still too much of a coward to try it.

Also, if you are weak like me, a failed attempt will put you off CTB entirely. There are members who try and fail, and then get back up afterwards, but if you aren't one of them, then I wouldn't try hanging, as not only will you end up being kidnapped by the state and put in the hospital, you will be put off trying again.

For me, the only serious option is jumping or drowning while drunk. All it takes is a few seconds of courage and then you are dead.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim, kawaiiphantom and 2 others
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
I've abandoned partial hanging for the tourniquet method.

Reasoning: I'd have to risk getting caught outside because I can't hang at home. I can do this stuff at home easily. So better option. It's almost the same effect wise too.

W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
When I opened an account here I was thinking of illegally purchasing a firearm through Telegram because I don't have a military background to do the legal route for gun ownership but I eventually backed out of it because I was too scared of the gun not working (or me not handling it properly) and ending up causing only non-fatal injuries and/or getting caught and arrested for possession of a firearm without a license. I like the speed of dying from the firearm method but I don't have the right background for it.

4g1vvvven

Feb 14, 2023
When I opened an account here I was thinking of illegally purchasing a firearm through Telegram because I don't have a military background to do the legal route for gun ownership but I eventually backed out of it because I was too scared of the gun not working (or me not handling it properly) and ending up causing only non-fatal injuries and/or getting caught and arrested for possession of a firearm without a license. I like the speed of dying from the firearm method but I don't have the right background for it.
Username checks out

• Yay!
Reactions: thegoldengirls, py_torch and Dolphin55
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
This forum has changed my mind about drowning at sea because I hadn't considered the presence of witnesses.

I'm superstitious—will drowning in my pool bring bad luck to my home and husband?

The advantages are: no public scrutiny; no wasted resources on post-mortem searches or investigations.

Indeed, every method contains flaws.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim and TimetoGo!
borderlinee

borderlinee

Oct 6, 2023
shallow water blackout, I thought it'll be easy, but did more research and realized it was too risky. Don't wanna end up as a vegetable, it was my go to method, but I don't think it'll work.

Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm, Praestat_Mori and sserafim
Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
SWB - unreliable, difficult, no one has ctb'd successfully with this method as far as I know

Drowning - drowning terrifies me, you could literally torture me and I still won't have the guts to do it xD

Night-Night/Partial - cannot locate correct arteries

• Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim, Deleted member 82921 and 1 other person
P

py_torch

old dog
Dec 8, 2022
I tried one of the mentioned method with ratchet strap and cornhole bag in other thread. What happened is I did not order cornhole bag since somebody mentioned in the thread about using pile of clothes. Well, I'll tell you this, it didn't work. I was suffocating but haven't lost of my consciousness. Of course, I tried again couple of times and watched a video to locate my internal Carotid Arteries to make sure it works but I just couldn't do it. I wish I could just hire a hitman and get killed. I'm willing to pay all I have to get out of here. Medical assisted suicide is not feasible for me. My counselor thinks I'm doing great but f*** she knows.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Abandoned SN, too unreliable

Abandoned jumping, just takes too much courage.

Lastly, Abandoned H2S, far too deadly to others.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim, schizochicken and 1 other person

4g1vvvven

Feb 14, 2023
Abandoned SN, too unreliable

Abandoned jumping, just takes too much courage.

Lastly, Abandoned H2S, far too deadly to others.
Ahh yes, h2s, the one pph calls "cheap and nasty" 🤧

socrates

socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Dec 3, 2019
I've gone through a few methods. Nitrogen exit bag was my first, but I could never find a flowomiters I could buy that had the right units. Plus getting Nitrogen would be hard.

I thought about partial hanging, I like this one because I could do it right now, but it seems like survival instinct is just too strong.

Right now my method is Charcoal grill in tent. It's just unfortunate I'll have to wait till spring. I'd like to go this weekend.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I was suicidal from childhood, so most of my initial ideas I later found out were too unreliable- paracetamol OD, other drug overdose or slashing wrists.

Considered jumping but I doubt I have the guts. Also worried about surviving or drowning if it's in to water. Plus, I don't want to do a public method and traumatize others if I can help it.

Considered hanging but I don't really have anywhere for a full drop suspension. I can't quite get my head around partial. But, I guess it's still in my head as a back up.

Seriously considered inert gas but, my neighbours are nosey and I don't fancy storing a large gas cylinder.

N, H, F all sound ideal but all are difficult to obtain and I don't want to break the law or inject myself.

Settled on SN. Not ideal but then, nothing seems to be.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Maybe shotgun, because I'm going into an environment where if I die, it won't be alone... and shotguns don't seem currently available there. And few people seem fans of heads exploding. But rather, watching reality one last time, at its most beautiful

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Penobarbital. I was dumb to think I could find it online

U

Umacon

Jan 20, 2024
I have my SN already and lots of benzos and I only miss a digital scale and meto-antacids. I hope this works when I decide to take the bus sooner or later.

Reactions: TiredOfAllThis, Deleted member 65988, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
N

needpeace18

Feb 12, 2024
Hanging - I found SI kicked in too much and overdosing on sleeping pills as the success rate is low.

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Hanging- I've tried but I just can't. SI kicked in
Jumping- again SI kicked in
Train-upsetting others in your suicide.
Drowning- again SI plus I'm a waterbaby.
Fire- must be excruciating pain.
SN too unreliable? Please explain 😮
A few have failed. Not using stan method to the t

Reactions: Deleted member 65988, BrainShower, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
L

lifewasawillowtv

You’re losing me
Nov 12, 2023
Partial hanging, I tried multiple times but couldn't hit the right spot so eventually gave up. Same issue w NN and tourniquet when I tried those. I don't really have anywhere to hang from to do full suspension, I reckon I could improvise but there's too many possibilities of it going wrong for me and SI is an issue.

CO attempt failed, I still don't know really know why, maybe not enough charcoal was burnt? I don't really have the will power to try it again.

SWB/drowning was out of the question once I'd done some research and seen how hard it is, especially w SWB because all the posts of attempts I'd seen were unsuccessful. Drowning is also the worst way to go in my opinion, so I'd rather attempt other methods.

OD/cutting I've never thought of doing anyway but they're so unreliable (I think only around 1% of suicide attempts from cutting are successful) that I wouldn't even bother.

Only methods I have left now are SN and jumping; SN isn't easy to get pass customs in the UK and if I travel abroad for it, apparently even in EU countries it's hard to obtain AEs, so the SN would be useless anyway. I might still try it though. With jumping SI is obviously an issue and finding somewhere high enough to jump from, I reckon if I fall backwards and don't look down it should be over with soon enough. Issue is the mess/trauma it may cause to others but if I can't obtain SN/it doesn't work I don't really have much choice.

Reactions: TiredOfAllThis, sserafim and Praestat_Mori
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
My preferred method is still MAiD, but unfortunately it's illegal where I am. I abandoned jumping because I don't think that I have the guts to do it, and I don't want to die a bloody death or risk paralysis if I fail. I don't want my body to be mutilated and deformed, I want my death to be "beautiful". I'm trying water fasting now to see if it leads me to death or not. Hopefully it does.

Reactions: Homo erectus and Praestat_Mori
Chronicoverwhelm

Chronicoverwhelm

Student
Aug 13, 2022
I abandoned SWB - having severe asthma makes it too difficult to practice hyperventilating. I'm also afraid it'll fail. Drowning sounds terrifying.

Abandoned idea of nembutal because it's impossible for me to obtain any.

I researched various poisons but sounds like they'd all bring a tortuous death.

Considered fentanyl but no means to obtain any.

Tried overdosing on sleeping pills in the 90s and that was a disaster.

In the 90s I also thought about exhaust from running car.

No willpower to starve myself, I love food too much and friends would start suspecting something. Tried that in the 90s also and failed.

Thought about ingesting a large quantity mix of alcohol & antidepressants, in the woods where I wouldn't be found but there's a high risk of failure.

Thought about a car accident but I'm not smart enough to pull that off. High risk of becoming crippled or vegetable also.

Thought about ingesting visine over a period of time.

A firearm would be my ideal method but it's impossible for me to obtain one.

• Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and 4g1vvvven
Shrike

Shrike

My pain isn't yours to harvest.
Feb 13, 2024
When I was a kid I almost jumped off of my residential building (about 14 stories). Wish I did back then. The area wasn't super populated. I had no connections. The fallout would have been relatively minor and likely mostly fall on my family and school, both of which would deserve it. Every so often I look back on that and ask "has anything happened since then to make all this worthwhile?" and the answer remains to be "no".

But more complicated now, and I don't want something so dramatic and visible. I want to avoid both pain and too much of a mess. I guess that's my feminine side talking.

I pondered going into the woods in winter and going to sleep in the cold. Maybe with some alcohol. Appropriately melancholic and cultural. People might think I just got lost. Requires cold weather, though.

For more acute, I've settled on the artery pressure one, seems simple and peaceful.

Reactions: thegoldengirls
Doemu

Doemu

⸸ I am my own end ⸸
Feb 4, 2024
Jumping from the window.

I leaved it because I really want to kill me instead to break my bones and have vacations into a mental hospital.

Reactions: thegoldengirls
thegoldengirls

thegoldengirls

Student
Feb 10, 2024
Helium, I abandoned it because the possibility of the helium not being pure. Now, I wasted 150 US dollars by renting it and it still has some helium left over.
Guess I'll seep it out before returning to try a funny voice, maybe I'll get lucky and inadvertently ctb like that.
I have not lost hope yet. I'm ordering a nitrogen tank. This has to work. I can't take another few months here on earth.
If this Nitrogen method doesn't work, I don't have any other tangible options unless I can get my hands on a handgun.