Cockney_Rebel

Cockney_Rebel

Everything you want is on the other side of fear.
Jan 7, 2021
Myself, I'm addicted to hospital programs.

I love 24 Hours in A&E (UK) which I watch religiously. I love seeing the patients on the hospital bed, in critical condition, and I actually get to a place where I literally project myself there. I phantasise that it's ME getting the treatment, the doctors and surgeons are all swarming around me. It really gets me.

I also like other hospital programs like Inside The Ambulance and A&E After Dark.

I'm so used to being in ambulances and hospitals by now that I feel at home when I watch (literally study) these programmes.

I'm also in touch with some of the other patients from the countless psych ward stays, and there's one in particular who gets me going.

Additionally, music is a big one for me. Leading up to an OD, I'll usually be drinking whilst watching music videos on YouTube. Ordinary World by Duran Duran will be my tune at my funeral. The lyrics couldn't sum my thoughts up any better. "I won't cry for yesterday, there's an ordinary world I must find" ... fuck, that just gave me goosebumps.

What about you? What gets you going?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pen>Sword, FuneralCry, SuicideAwaits and 1 other person
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Get into an argument with my wife or my wife telling me how I fucked up something.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Pen>Sword, gtrfvr, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 4 others
Cockney_Rebel

Cockney_Rebel

Jan 7, 2021
Get into an argument with my wife or my wife telling me how I fucked up something.
Sounds like your relationship is stretched.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Good luck on your journey.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
1. Compare myself to others.
2. Draw from the boiling well of suicidal rage at my parents.
3. Imagine having a gf.

The result of all of these are (1) pressure, (2) a feeling of inferiority, (3) excruciating pain and (4) a need to do something about this now. The only action that I can take to rectify my low social status, lack of love and my anger at having weak parents immediately is suicide. Now, if I can just figure out a painless partial this isn't necessary--but if I am forced to jump it might be.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Pen>Sword, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, yive and 4 others
hahabye

hahabye

always say never
Sep 14, 2019
Just living my life is enough for me ;]

Reactions: Pen>Sword, yive, filthyrottendirty and 2 others
H

HenryHobkins

Student
Nov 5, 2020
think of my past

Reactions: Pen>Sword, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, EraseRewind and 3 others
Mistake of Nature

Mistake of Nature

A shadow suspended on dust
Mar 30, 2020
Looking in the mirror and seeing the monstrosity staring back at me, thinking of everything I've missed out on and all that I'll never get to experience, and reflecting on all the pain, suffering, loneliness that awaits me. I just need to fucking die already.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: BottomlessPit, TicoDK, onthelastday and 2 others
Cockney_Rebel

Cockney_Rebel

Jan 7, 2021
Looking in the mirror and seeing the monstrosity staring back at me, thinking of everything I've missed out on and all that I'll never get to experience, and reflecting on all the pain, suffering, loneliness that awaits me. I just need to fucking die already.
Deep.

Reactions: Mistake of Nature
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Is there a way to trick yourself or induce self hypnosis? I know this sounds very stupid but what else can we do to make suicide easier? Is that the secret? That there is no secret and you just have to get it over with?

Everyday I want to kill myself but on the very rare occasions I actually work up the courage to attempt it, the very last moment I end up backing out. It is such a mindfuck knowing you are seconds away from self deliverance but some automatic response system shuts everything down against your will.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: landojustwannactb, hahabye and Cockney_Rebel
Cockney_Rebel

Cockney_Rebel

Jan 7, 2021
Is there a way to trick yourself or induce self hypnosis? I know this sounds very stupid but what else can we do to make suicide easier? Is that the secret? That there is no secret and you just have to get it over with?

Everyday I want to kill myself but on the very rare occasions I actually work up the courage to attempt it, the very last moment I end up backing out. It is such a mindfuck knowing you are seconds away from self deliverance but some automatic response system shuts everything down against your will.
Alcohol is a great tool, when making an attempt.

Especially when overdosing, it makes the tablets much more effective (deadly.)

It can also be used to diminish your inhibitions/fears.

Psych yourself up, drink some strong alcohol (don't waste your time with lager or such, as it will only bloat you and will have minimal effect,) put some triggering music on (YouTube is best, I feel, as the music videos can also be a great trigger) and you will find it much easier to do.

The body's self defence mechanism will always kick in, but you can overcome it.

And don't put yourself down ... you don't sound stupid. You're just trying to find your way.

If I can help, I will.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anonymous_A and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I don't usually try and make myself feel suicidal. What usually leads to it is me ruminating about my situation in life and comparing it with others I know who are doing much better, which causes a crushing feeling to come over me. I then conclude I just have to get out of here because the difference between our lives is just too humilating.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: landojustwannactb, Oh_dear_how_Gastly and Cockney_Rebel
BigNarkoleptic

BigNarkoleptic

If this isn't the end, what's meant of learning.
Mar 8, 2021

I love 24 Hours in A&E (UK) which I watch religiously. I love seeing the patients on the hospital bed, in critical condition, and I actually get to a place where I literally project myself there. I phantasise that it's ME getting the treatment, the doctors and surgeons are all swarming around me. It really gets me.

I also like other hospital programs like Inside The Ambulance and A&E After Dark.

I'm so used to being in ambulances and hospitals by now that I feel at home when I watch (literally study) these programmes.

I'm also in touch with some of the other patients from the countless psych ward stays, and there's one in particular who gets me going.

Additionally, music is a big one for me. Leading up to an OD, I'll usually be drinking whilst watching music videos on YouTube. Ordinary World by Duran Duran will be my tune at my funeral. The lyrics couldn't sum my thoughts up any better. "I won't cry for yesterday, there's an ordinary world I must find" ... fuck, that just gave me goosebumps.

What about you? What gets you going?
Bored Cat GIF
this thread, gets me going

• Hugs
Reactions: FriendofDeath, EraseRewind, Cockney_Rebel and 1 other person
Aeathelina

Aeathelina

Little Homeless Girl
Feb 5, 2020
Just thinking about all my past mistakes and the fearful future and now it's all my fault because I was too weak to handle the shit hand that Life had dealt me. That and it used to be alcohol but I stopped drinking so I could starve myself

Reactions: EraseRewind and Cockney_Rebel
F

filthyrottendirty

Experienced
Feb 20, 2021
I don't need to do anything lol

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Really bad headaches...

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Even on my good days (and having BPD they're really good days) I still want to kill myself. There's this feeling I just can't shake that I have to

Cockney_Rebel

Cockney_Rebel

Jan 7, 2021
Just thinking about all my past mistakes and the fearful future and now it's all my fault because I was too weak to handle the shit hand that Life had dealt me. That and it used to be alcohol but I stopped drinking so I could starve myself
I actually began rewatching Loui Theroux's documentary about anorexia last night, but turned it off.

I'd quite like to give starvation a go, but I don't want to lose my hair or teeth!

I am actively trying to lose the weight that the medication has put on, so I'll see if it becomes addictive.

Good luck on your journey (I also regret many mistakes/wasted opportunities, so I know how you feel.) I just wanna start afresh, know what I mean?
I don't usually try and make myself feel suicidal. What usually leads to it is me ruminating about my situation in life and comparing it with others I know who are doing much better, which causes a crushing feeling to come over me. I then conclude I just have to get out of here because the difference between our lives is just too humilating.
Sorry to hear that, buddy.

I wish you well on your journey, wherever it leads you.

Last edited:
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
listen to my parents 'voice, see my parents' faces, watch videos on youtube from beautiful countries

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: TicoDK, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Cockney_Rebel and 1 other person
EraseRewind

EraseRewind

Circling the drain
May 13, 2020
I recall my past errors and my court appearance then realise I have very little future options because of my past decisions, that usually raises the suicidal ideation stakes for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Cockney_Rebel
onthelastday

onthelastday

I died long before i met you.
Apr 16, 2021
look at myself in any reflection and see the despicable being on the other side, compare myself with other people, think about the future, basically I just need to think about my life, without friends, without planning for the future, without any love, just pain , pain, pain and emptiness and think about my painful childhood FUCK, I NEED TO DIE

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Oh_dear_how_Gastly, Cockney_Rebel and EraseRewind
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
I think typically I turn to negative self-talk and commonly make lists of the reasons why I need to end my life. I think the most effective would be unpredictable events where I don't get something I want, or I fail at something or someone complains about me and it lets out my anger and borderline behavior.

Reactions: EraseRewind and Cockney_Rebel
N

Nigh

Experienced
Oct 12, 2020

Funny you mention 24 hours in A&E, as when I'm about to attempt suicide I actively avoid this show or any other shows like this. I enjoy it for the stories, but can't watch it around the time I'm trying to CTB. As there's too much talk about brain damage, strokes and so on for my liking. And seeing people suffer like that makes me think that could be me if my attempt goes wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cockney_Rebel
Cockney_Rebel

Cockney_Rebel

Jan 7, 2021
Funny you mention 24 hours in A&E, as when I'm about to attempt suicide I actively avoid this show or any other shows like this. I enjoy it for the stories, but can't watch it around the time I'm trying to CTB. As there's too much talk about brain damage, strokes and so on for my liking. And seeing people suffer like that makes me think that could be me if my attempt goes wrong.
I don't watch it when I'm actually performing the act. For those days, I used alcohol, and music.

The TV shows are my build up.

Actually, I only tend to use alcohol when I'm taking a big overdose (usually 100 zopiclone + 100 diazepam.) When I'm taking a small overdose (usually 48 paracetamol) I tend to do this completely sober. I got sick of the "professionals" referring to my ODing as being alcohol related. I've certainly proved those fuck heads wrong.
I think typically I turn to negative self-talk and commonly make lists of the reasons why I need to end my life. I think the most effective would be unpredictable events where I don't get something I want, or I fail at something or someone complains about me and it lets out my anger and borderline behavior.
So you also have EUPD/BPD?
look at myself in any reflection and see the despicable being on the other side, compare myself with other people, think about the future, basically I just need to think about my life, without friends, without planning for the future, without any love, just pain , pain, pain and emptiness and think about my painful childhood FUCK, I NEED TO DIE
I have found that I also compare myself to other people.

Lately, it's been a certain actor, who's nice looking/sexy and has been very successful in his career. He stars in Sons Of Anarchy, and last night I watched a film with him in it (the remake of Papillon.) I think I was trying to see if he was just sexy in SOA, or was just outright sexy/confident/successful? He's not as sexy in the Papillon film.

I think I was trying to see if he is also just human, and has his good and bad times?

May sound a bit fucked up (I'm completely straight, by the way) but that's the level of research I go into.

Suicide can be a deep art form ...

Last edited:
Aloken

Aloken

I choose love
Jan 25, 2021
I remember the past, what I had and what I lost. They always say "the past is gone, it doesn't matter now". But that's the problem, the past is gone and someday it was my present.

Reactions: FuneralCry and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
Convincing myself that this is a better alternative to wasting away in a nursing home when I am 'old and frail'. The fact that much of society is comfortable with aging and dying a natural death is something I simply cannot wrap my head around.

Reactions: demuic, Ame and FuneralCry
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Mostly just overthinking really. I begin to feel trapped in my own mind and I start to see life as pointless. I see never ending days before me and this makes me long for the comfort of death.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
nightnightnitrite

nightnightnitrite

baby blues
Apr 17, 2021
I'm great at completely forgetting something and blocking it out of my brain but if I want to get real low I think about it and hold my stuffed animal that reminds me of my passed father:,) Things thought about range from my ex, passed father, living father and my money/success issues.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
This was one of our songs. It's funny how songs change meaning when someone dies.

You're taking me over
Over and over
I'm falling over
Over and over

Drown in me one more time
Hide inside me tonight
Do what you want to do
Just pretend, happy end
Let me know, let it show
Ending with letting go
Ending with letting go

Let's pretend, happy end
Let's pretend, happy end

P

Pharmaruined

Nobody gets out alive
Sep 10, 2020
An orgasm or two will do it. I'll be dead for weeks to a month, feel miserable inside.. no happy chemicals, no urges, zero motivation, zero libido.

.. then I start browsing SS, gather the courage, visualize my plan..

my parents will be gone soon from old age.. I don't see going too far past that, as it would crush them if I left now.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: gtrfvr and JustAMatterOfTime