Jul 28, 2023
For me it was Zoloft and Rivotril

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
busybee

busybee

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
Amitriptylin doesn't work for depression in my case but makes me sleep and helps with my neck pain so I guess that one

Otherwise meds made me worse. Changed my personality, made me gain a shitton of weight and made me sleep all day.
I prefer my mental illness raw lol

• Hugs
Reactions: venin
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
Amitriptylin doesn't work for depression in my case but makes me sleep and helps with my neck pain so I guess that one

Otherwise meds made me worse. Changed my personality, made me gain a shitton of weight and made me sleep all day.
I prefer my mental illness raw lol
I feel you. I had it like that for some years but it got so bad and tiring that I started to try and take them once again šŸ˜„

Reactions: busybee
reaching_zer0

reaching_zer0

May 14, 2023
For me it was Zoloft and RivotrilI
If you talk about antidepressants none actually. But tramadol helped a lot when days were really bad.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Celexa has worked well for me for over 10 years.

Walter

HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
Antidepressants? So far, none have worked well for me. Zoloft helped my depression the best, but also dulled any positive emotions - I felt like a zombie. Wellbutrin had no impact on my depression but helped my ADHD when used in small doses. Once they up'd the dose, it seemed to amplify all of my ADHD symptoms, which in turn made my depression worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and venin
reaching_zer0

reaching_zer0

May 14, 2023
Did it help you feel better mentally/emotionally?
Not on the long term, but on a few days yes, definitely. Be careful as it can be very addictive tho

• Hugs
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Trazadone for the ZZZs and lack of side effects. I have benefited from stronger meds but have also had to suffer their unpleasant side effects. Oh, and I love Valium, but then I think most people do.

A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
No antidepressants have worked. Effexor, prozac, sertraline, vortioxetine, amitryptaline, others I can't think of. But seriously was a great antipsychotic and great for sleeping. Amisulpride does the job, just nothing for sleeping. No adhd meds have worked yet. Hoping to try ketamine / lsd

• Hugs
deadtrace

deadtrace

Aug 7, 2023
In terms of antidepressants I've been through sertraline, citralopam and fluoxetine on all possible doses from minimum to maximum. None did anything noticeably positive for me, just had negative side effects like insomnia and nausia. . Recently gave up and just didn't renew fluoxetine.

• Hugs
nightocean

nightocean

Aug 14, 2023
Mirtazapine is the only one that's done anything for me, but still not to a great effect. It made it a bit easier to do things I couldn't get myself to do before (cooking, showering, etc). I primarily like it for the side effects: the sedation helps me get a regular amount of sleep, and the increased appetite has me at a healthier weight now and helps to counteract awful low periods where I would've otherwise eaten nothing all day.

• Hugs
ang3lz

ang3lz

Aug 17, 2023
Dunno if anything has 'helped', but I definitely know that Paroxetine is NOT helping. Waiting a long long time to get that changed, the one downside to living in a country with an overrun public health system -_-

Although I suppose my Concerta and Dexamphetamine indirectly help in the sense that I can actually stand up and move, with my thoughts and brain being actually coherent to me, makes me feel productive and less of a burden to society.