• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I don't think that medication is a good way to approach mental health issues. What do you think?

Reactions: Final Escape and Circles
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Fully and utterly disagree
It works for millions of people across the world. Zoloft Xanax etc does work for some just not all unfortunately

Reactions: Circles and throwaway123
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
It works for millions of people across the world. Zoloft Xanax etc does work for some just not all unfortunately
I don't think there's any concrete way to measure how well they are 'working', can you expand on the idea that it works for millions of people across the world? I have friends who have been on them for months, yet don't seem particularly improved in terms of mood. They're still taking them, so presumably statistically they would be classed as a person for whom it is working.

Reactions: Circles and AutumnEmbers
K

Kaput

Here, now
Apr 10, 2019
I don't think that medication is a good way to approach mental health issues. What do you think?
While may work for some, i think meds can be responsible for utter disasters

Last edited:
Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
I use Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Neurontin (Gabapentin) and Valium. The first 3 meds are painkillers, chronic "bone" pain and nerve pain (Neurontin). Neurontin makes me really tired, dizzy and slow. I use Valium to relax, but it doesn't work like before. Anyway, I feel like a walking pharmacy.

Regarding meds for mental health problems, I'm sceptic. I think doctors prescribe way too many pills.

Reactions: Circles
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
It depends on the problem. I mean, in 2015 I was so close to ctb I was ready to go at a moment's notice. I had intense non-stop panic, insomnia, and was totally unable to function. I know it's kind of trendy on here but I still don't really understand this mentality of "just because my meds were shitty or didn't help, it must be that way for everyone." Anyway, I took Celexa and Klonopin for 3 years. It helped me to cope and stopped my anxiety, OCD and ideation. However I've now been off all meds for several months and I'm starting to feel worse and more neurotic again. So if anything, I wish I was back on them.

Reactions: Final Escape, Circles and throwaway123
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
Been thinking about getting meds but afraid of the side effects and unfortunately my parents would never agree to it .
I'm running out of options.

• Aww..
Reactions: Circles and throwaway777
S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Most un-biased research shows that medication ends up creating the very same illness its supposed to treat and a host of other symptoms. Read Gøetzche or whitaker for info. Its not so say it doesnt help any, but as a patient for 13 years i couldnt be any less impressed by what ive seen.

Reactions: AutumnEmbers
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
Yeah it helps not getting sick in the first place.

throwaway777

throwaway777

一人、部屋で、独り。
Oct 3, 2018
i agree.. i tried anti depressants and anti psychotics .. they didnt affect my desire to die at all .. all they did was making me too weak to do anything i was in bed all day i was literally a zombie couldnt think or talk properly ..ofc its just my experience but i just think they dont change who u are or how u think or how u perceive the pain

Reactions: jake3d and Circles
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
I had intense non-stop panic, insomnia, and was totally unable to function.

This is pretty much what I've been experiencing the past few days. don't know what to do. I can't really go to a doctor because if the meds show side effects my parents are going to kill me. They would never allow me to be on meds.
I'm not sure if I am able to CTB and the date is getting closer and closer .I'm actually considering doing it really soon.
It feels like I'm backed into a corner. I'm scared man.

• Hugs
S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
This is pretty much what I've been experiencing the past few days. don't know what to do. I can't really go to a doctor because if the meds show side effects my parents are going to kill me. They would never allow me to be on meds.
I'm not sure if I am able to CTB and the date is getting closer and closer .I'm actually considering doing it really soon.

If youre that far out why are you afraid of meds?

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Don't be scared. Screw what anyone else thinks, you absolutely have to try medication. I speak to people all the time who have no idea what it's like to feel like you're going crazy with anxiety, and they just don't understand the despair that comes with it. It feels like the end of the world. But it can be fixed. It's a chemical imbalance. You may be having a mental breakdown as I was, and help is available to you. You have to trust that relief is around the corner if you want it.

I can't imagine parents standing in the way of that kind of help, and I truly hope you go for it. You don't need anyone's permission, it's not their place.

Reactions: freya, H2H2, Circles and 2 others
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
I don't think there's any concrete way to measure how well they are 'working', can you expand on the idea that it works for millions of people across the world? I have friends who have been on them for months, yet don't seem particularly improved in terms of mood. They're still taking them, so presumably statistically they would be classed as a person for whom it is working.
Sorry it took so long
Here's a personal account. https://www.manrepeller.com/2018/04/antidepressants-ssri-guide.html
I can offer you so many more. It doesn't work for you. I hate when people make this statement. Your group of friends does not equal the entire world. Ignoring Kevin hines pro life antics, look at him. He finally got put on the right cocktail of drugs and they work amazingly for him.

PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
It is a piece of the puzzle for sure. Medication alone does nothing. Medication, trauma therapy, and general psychology visits have helped me in the past. There is a whole world of treatment that I have yet to get into, but soon I will have ECT so I will be able to share that experience. I just need to do a few things before ECT - get back on medications, get back to psychologist, and see the psychiatrist that referred me to ECT to start the process and see how many sessions they recommend. I was told the minimum was 9 sessions and the max was 26 sessions. Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I want to see if I can have this done in an outpatient setting also as I do not like being confined and locked into a space.

Every person is different and these medications, and treatments do not work for everyone sadly. I hope they work for me though not trying to sound selfish or anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: H2H2 and Circles
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Been thinking about getting meds but afraid of the side effects and unfortunately my parents would never agree to it .
I'm running out of options.
Oh dear hun I'm sorry for taking so long to answer. I echo what angst filled said. Do not be scared. Idk what your parents reasoning for not wanting you to try medication is but it's fucked up. As I've said, they do genuinely help for some people. I don't want anybody to learn a lesson that they should've gotten their son/daughter help by the brutal reality of suicide. Try it out, screw your parents in that regard. You have to start trying to help yourself. If you have the slightest desire to live, then live <3
Please don't be afraid to reach out to me love
I'm here if you need it
Forgive me if I don't respond immediately cause.. well... My mind isn't exactly peaceful all the time

Reactions: H2H2 and Circles
deflagrat

deflagrat

¡Si hablas español mándame un mensaje privado!
Apr 9, 2018
I only take 2 medications, but they make a huge difference.Thanks to them I don't have depression anymore, but I still want to kill myself for logical reasons.

Reactions: H2H2
Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
I was diagnosed with depression a year ago, but I stopped taking medication after my first failed suicide attempt. After a bit of reflection, I came to the conclusion that my brain is working perfectly fine, and just because I'm sad and bitter with life, it doesn't mean that there's something wrong with me. What they call a disease is just my way of seeing things, and the doctors only think there's something wrong with time because our society was conditioned to think positively, and I just managed to reverse the conditioning. My reasons for disliking people and this world couldn't make any more sense. There's none chemical imbalance on my brain, just normal thoughts from a mind that spends too much time analyzing everything.

Reactions: thishappened and AutumnEmbers