Out of these reasons, what troubles you the most? (slect up to two)

• General anxiety

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Social anxiety and or loneliness

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Financial hardship

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Guilt/self-hate/feeling of incompetence

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • Past or childhood trauma

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • On going abusive people or environment

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Illness/Disability/ other chronic physical or mental health problem

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • Break up/ losing loved ones

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • Substance abuse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not listed above (please comment)

Votes: 13 12.6%

• Total voters
ButterToast

ButterToast

Liar who can't separate lies from reality
Aug 11, 2023
Serious, please answer honestly. You can select up to two, pick the options that affects you the most

• Love
Reactions: sadloner
nolosis

nolosis

Sep 23, 2023
i hate being alone, I've been alone my whole life but literally alone. I also hate myself beyond explanation, everything about myself and anything that has to do with me.

• Hugs
Reactions: ButterToast, Somethingiswaddling, niceoofie and 1 other person
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
Loneliness, shame from failures at life, and hopelessness for the future
Those are probably the big 3 for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: kitty_kat, aSilentVoice, ButterToast and 4 others
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Losing loved one to death, guilt about not trying harder to try to get her to lose weight, ensuing loneliness and depression

• Hugs
Reactions: ButterToast, Somethingiswaddling and Praestat_Mori
cscott

cscott

Awaiting for life’s end ☠️
Jun 22, 2023
Being alive when u are brutally aware of how meaningless being alive is.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Resinn66, Hellish Ore, ButterToast and 5 others
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
Not listed above: philosophical (and theological) commitment to not being alive as the aesthetically (and therefore morally) superior state of being.

I have no motivation to live because I assign no intrinsic value to any achievable subjective goals in life, while I do assign intrinsic value to the state of objectively not being alive.

Reality seems to agree with me. By the end of time, so to say, I'll have been alive for >31 years and not alive for >13.7 billion years approaching infinity. The aberration is clearly deductible from the norm based on current tendencies.

• Hugs
Reactions: ButterToast, niceoofie and SpiritualDeath
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
waking up in the morning

• Hugs
Reactions: Hellish Ore, Forever Sleep, ButterToast and 3 others
cscott

cscott

Awaiting for life’s end ☠️
Jun 22, 2023
waking up in the morning
This!!!!
That's why it's called fucking morning .. cause god knows I MOURN every time these eyes open .. I'm genuinely sick of daylight, it makes me feel sick & even night time horrifies me now cause I know it's a fake sleep I'm going into & not an eternal one.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: flying-soon, aSilentVoice, ButterToast and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Having the ability to exist as a conscious being trapped in a decaying flesh prison with no limit as to how much I can suffer, with no straightforward way to cease existing on my own terms. Existing is something that is so incredibly hopeless and depressing, only death could possibly bring any relief, I only ever wish for the peace of non-existence.

• Hugs
Reactions: ButterToast
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
My father abused me so much, mentally and physically for years. I feel so incompetent and useless now, I will never amount to anything and my drive to improve myself is gone.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hellish Ore, ButterToast and Somethingiswaddling
RoseQuarts

RoseQuarts

Jun 1, 2023
The childhood trauma hits home.

• Hugs
bepop:$$

bepop:$$

Sep 24, 2023
since I was little I think I was depressed. My parents weren't fond of me I was abused a lot of my childhood. Now they leave me alone other than the random insults they throw at me. No one really knows how much I want to just curl up into a ball and never wake up

• Hugs
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
I feel I have nothing to live for or look forward to at this point. That's probably the most immediate thing, alongside the limerence and the tinnitus.

I'm fairly certain the origin will be my parents through. It's always the parents.

• Hugs
Reactions: ButterToast and bepop:$$
W

wontachievehappines

Looking for ctb partner
Sep 22, 2023
I hate the fact that I'll never amount to anything and I'm inherently stupid :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Hellish Ore, Peerless_Cucumber, kitty_kat and 1 other person
sadloner

sadloner

Jun 13, 2022
abusive parents and the trauma (mostly gaslighting yourself inside your own head, if you get it you know) that ensues. also depression, social anxiety. just knowing that life is pointless, not wanting to participate in being alive in general. but mostly the abuse thing

• Hugs
Reactions: RoseQuarts and ButterToast
Wkoncuodejde

Wkoncuodejde

I Don't want to be “me” anymore
Jan 1, 2022
Memories

• Hugs
Garf125

Garf125

Sep 21, 2023
I'm tired of living. My souls expired. Someone with as complete an understanding of myself as me would barely be able to call me human.

• Hugs
Reactions: RoseQuarts and ButterToast
G

GoneFromRevolution

Life is a highway, why not be the man in my trunk?
Nov 6, 2022
I have ASD and severe Gender Dysphoria dating back to my preschool years.

deaddovedonoteat

deaddovedonoteat

Nov 4, 2023
1) seeing people living the life I wanted
2) knowing that after I die nothing I lived will matter

P

Peerless_Cucumber

The one and only king of cucumbers
Feb 22, 2023
Ever since I stood on a stage at 11 I dreamed about being famous and standing on a stage again. It was the first time my life didn't feel pointless. People cheered for us and so I felt my existence mattered to more people than just my mother. I'm 20 now and I feel like I'll never get to experience anything like that again. Most people never experience that and I feel privileged as fuck that this is the one thing I thought of when I saw this thread. However ever since that day I missed it.

People don't care about my existence. At least when I stood on stage it seemed like they did. Not for me as a person but for something I was good at. I felt seen. Like I was good enough at something. Good enough at something they wanted to see. I was worth their time and they liked to have spent it that way. Now I don't have that anymore and because of that I feel like I suck at everything now.

L

Loindelaterre

Oct 31, 2023
La solitude et les problèmes familiaux, le sentiment d'être devenu totalement inutile dans ce monde

KillerIsMe

KillerIsMe

Aug 26, 2023
I missed out on having a social life or a normal childhood and connecting with other humans, and now I'm expected to accept as an adult that the time for that is over and I need to take on adult responsibilities.

The entire purpose of living for me has been uprooted.

Reactions: kitty_kat
B

Bodydysmorphia34

Oct 31, 2023
The evilness and selfishness of mankind is the main cause for my depression

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I feel guilty. I've only ever messed up the lives of those around me and stressed out those who I love. This has been the case for me since childhood. Even as I child I was aware of how much of a burden I was and that awareness only grew as I got older.

I have no skills or talents, I don't have anything I like about myself, and I'm tired of existing.