Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
an addiction is when you cant say no to something, to sum it up. (TW selfharm) but im referring to more of the cutting thing where it shows one person with little cuts that barely goes through the skin and another person with blood dripping down their arm and it says something like "its all selfharm". my husband and i are having a bit of an disagreement. hes saying im not addicted because i dont do that much and im saying im addicted because i cant say no. (not that it matters i dont exactly want to quit). so this is like a 2 part thing i guess. ill post both questions at the bottom to make it easier. but theres also the other thing too where we've basically decided that im sensitive to stuff. i took 3 antipsychotics and if the worse could happen it did. and i have lacrose intolerance pills that are only suppose to last for an hour or so (all it says on the package is "these capsules must be taken every time you eat lactose-containing food since the enzyme has no lasting effect") and i can have something that will typically make me sick up to 3 days after taking it and be fine.

so questions
1) is less use of a substance still considered addiction?
2) would being sensitive to substances make my addiction level lower? (im not sure how to word that exactly but i hope you understand what i mean)

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
It doesn't matter how you self harm, what your method is etc, if you can't stop and you feel like you need to do it, then you're addicted.

I'm sorry I'm not sure what you mean with your second question.

Reactions: Ghost2211
almost_dead

almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020
addiction basically means you are afraid (of the thought of living without it)

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
It doesn't matter how you self harm, what your method is etc, if you can't stop and you feel like you need to do it, then you're addicted.
should probably specified im talking about weed lol (im high and didnt think about) although yeah thats basically what ive been trying to tell my husband
addiction basically means you are afraid (of the thought of living without it)
ill be honest i was thinking WHAT!? but then i thought about it and i was like yeah.......im scared to deal with my problems without weed

• Hugs
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Addiction is 100% of a individual case. I have been on lots of opoids for a car crash for a long time. I have never had a addiction issues, which drives the doctors crazy. I SHOULD be addicted but nope. Another doctor told me everyone is 100% different and everything effects everybody in a unique way. NOW remember that is one of the reasons to help, are and love one another. Hand in hand, shoulder to shoulder through this experience called life.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
We all have one addiction or another. Mine is caffeine. I'm just too tired without it.