• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

anotherlastchance

anotherlastchance

Your never not you
Feb 3, 2024
I think it's cuz they can't imagine the situation if somebody that has made up there mind to choose to die
Another factor is them being scared of death since they experience life as an ovarall positive thing what do you think what a pro lifer makes a pro lifer and how much pro-choice people are there that are not suicidal?
sorry if my English is a bit of

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Having a saviour complex, repeating empty platitudes, and a lack of ability to have a nuanced conversation about right to die.

I think the pro-lifers that are commonly talked about on this site are very similar to ones against abortion, which is why I sometimes bring up abortion when talking about them. They're both against bodily autonomy yet rant about freedom, a lot of them are religious, they're perfectly fine with making "exceptions", or at least claiming to do so, so that they don't look bad (example: people with terminal illness and women who've been raped), both whine about how precious life is, both often offer really shitty advice to others, and so on.

It's the use of the excuse of "protecting life" in order to take away the bodily autonomy of others that makes a pro-lifer a pro-lifer.

With that in mind, I have seen a few people online who weren't suicidal but had a pro-choice type stance when it came to right to die, however, they are the minority. Most of the general public has been made to believe that wanting to opt out of existence is a bad thing so it's still very rare to find non-suicidal people who've actually taken the time to try and think about this and come to the conclusion that people should have the right to end their own life on their terms.

While there has been some progress made on it, especially in certain countries where euthanasia is legal, the vast majority of non-suicidal are pro-choice.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
By pro-life do you mean they are against the right to ctb and actively want to keep people alive?
Or does that term mean people that don't want to ctb personally?

Reactions: RemainingDubious
wondering&wandering

wondering&wandering

My precious moon! Don't go, please.
Jan 12, 2024
religion, savior complex, stupidity & close mindedness. the majority of ppl are prolifers. i'd say even a large portion of suicidal ppl would discourage some1 else's suicide instead of encourage. there've even been some admissions of this on SaSu🧸
I like your answer! However. I think it's important to note that (at least for me) I don't generally encourage someone to ctb mainly because I would feel a deep guilt knowing I was potentially the one who pushed them of the edge, so to speak. And if I was close enough to them to be able to be that impactful in the first place, I'd likely get emotionally traumatized.

Now, maybe I'd get labeled a pro-lifer for not giving the final push of ctb encouragement, but I'm willing to be called that over adding to my trauma. Selfish? Perhaps, but we'd be lying if we said we all weren't in our own ways.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
They want to force others to suffer and want to stop them permanently escaping from suffering. Basically they don't respect the personal choice to die, they don't respect how suicide is very much a personal decision that's not up to them to decide.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
They believe that life is inherently valuable, "precious", "sacred", and a "gift", and want to control and restrict other people's right to die. They believe that you should be grateful for your existence. They want you to keep living and suffering because at least you'll be alive and not dead. They only care that you're alive, not about your quality of life. In the mind of pro-lifers, death is the ultimate evil and bad.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
They believe that life is inherently valuable, "precious", "sacred", and a "gift", and want to control and restrict other people's right to die. They believe that you should be grateful for your existence. They want you to keep living and suffering because at least you'll be alive and not dead. They only care that you're alive, not about your quality of life. In the mind of pro-lifers, death is the ultimate evil and bad.
I'm still just a little bit confused on what the term means, is that what it's referring to? I just don't understand if it means an individual that chooses to live of their own accord or if that's referring to somebody that actively interferes with someone's attempts to CTB?

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I can't really speak on the subject with much authority either way but I think it might depend on the individual but I'm sure plenty of people have this:

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
A pro lifer is one who loves life so much to where they force people to be alive no matter what. Along with this comes with them justifying all aspects of life and living no matter what too, whether that be "life is a gift" or "suffering builds character" or other bullshit sayings