Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I haven't worked in several years. My resume has previous gaps. I have no degree or credentials. I've taken many college classes over the years but never finished a program. I have ocd and have trouble working due to always checking and rechecking that I'm doing everything correctly, which slows me down and gets me fired. I also have no references.

Reactions: Willy Wonka, Alexei_Kirillov and Nobody Special
Crash_Bash_Dash

Crash_Bash_Dash

Nothing what I used to be
Apr 23, 2024
Food delivery service, mailman, fastfood restaurants, maintainance staff/sanitizer, librarian... Those came into my mind first.
Telemarketer/F2F selling. I have been on those in the past.

Reactions: jar-baby and Ambivalent1
Ironborn

Ironborn

Experienced
Jan 29, 2024
Warehouse work, trust me you cannot be slower than some of the corpses I have worked with over the years.

• Yay!
Reactions: abchia, Alexei_Kirillov and leavingthesoultrap
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I actually think my current job in retail would be pretty good for someone with OCD because all I have to do before closing is make shelves look neat and orderly, although you should stay away from the produce section because customers love to fuck that area up real good. I don't actually have OCD so maybe organizing shelves actually sounds like a nightmare though but I do get a sense of satisfaction from making them look temporarily neat for a while before they get messed up again.

Reactions: glitteryaliens and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Warehouse work, trust me you cannot be slower than some of the corpses I have worked with over the years.
I have tendon problems from Cipro (the antibiotic). Can't do heavy lifting.
I actually think my current job in retail would be pretty good for someone with OCD because all I have to do before closing is make shelves look neat and orderly, although you should stay away from the produce section because customers love to fuck that area up real good. I don't actually have OCD so maybe organizing shelves actually sounds like a nightmare though but I do get a sense of satisfaction from making them look temporarily neat for a while before they get messed up again.
What's your job title?
Not as a freelancer. There are some guides online. It might be something to look into.
I don't have a laptop

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Stalker Stocker
I did that once but was too slow because I tried to have everything perfect. The cans were all disordered and pushed into other rows and straightening them out plus adding the new ones took forever. I was on the same aisle for hours.

• Aww..
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I did that once but was too slow because I tried to have everything perfect. The cans were all disordered and pushed into other rows and straightening them out plus adding the new ones took forever. I was on the same aisle for hours.
I'd say try to find another store because in some places I feel like that would maybe be considered a model employee. I don't know if smaller or bigger aisles is the solution. If they're bigger maybe they actually wouldn't mind you staying there longer.

jarik

jarik

Student
Jun 12, 2024
Deliver food, you can be a bricklayer, mechanic, you can sell clothes / flyers and many other things

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I just got hired for a part-time job at a residence for autonomous (and rich) seniors. There's a cafeteria type service offered to residents for a fee, so my job is basically just going to be bringing people the food they ordered. I think you'd still have problems with your OCD (it still involves setting tables and whatnot) but maybe something in that vein, mostly involving being a glorified porter, could work.

It was a very easy job to get: I just applied online, they called and set up a time to meet, and then they just hired me on the spot without asking pretty much any questions apart from "when are you available." July or August might be good times to apply because all the students start to leave so they need people to fill these kinds of positions.

• Informative
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Dr Iron Arc and Ambivalent1
Nothing87

Nothing87

I want to achieve eternal oblivion
Jun 5, 2024
food delivery service or housekeeping/janitorial jobs

Last edited:
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Student
Apr 28, 2024
Paraprofessional is one that pays better than most of the other things mentioned here (in my area, it's $22+ per hour and is full-time with insurance benefits) and they are really desperate for people so it's almost guaranteed you'll get hired despite not having a solid work history or references. You pretty much just need to have a pulse. There is no paperwork involved to obsess over, and there's no evaluation process where the supervisor(s) will come to observe you or anything like that. You sit in a classroom with mentally impaired children (typically with autism but occasionally Down's Syndrome or other things) and don't do much besides keep an eye on them and assist with their classwork if needed. The downsides are that you risk being hit, scratched, bitten etc if they have a meltdown and that it is an at-will job (no contract or anything, so you can be let go at any time for any reason - but I think this is true of most low-level jobs anyway)

Last edited:
tary

tary

Experienced
Jul 3, 2022
I really enjoyed being a bus driver before I had a manic psychotic episode and wasn't allowed to be one anymore. We have strong unions so the pay wasn't bad either, but I enjoyed the routine and getting to socialize with and encounter memorable people occasionally.

edit: I also had big gaps in my resume before starting, but they seem to be hiring constantly at least in my city, there's recruitment ads on buses and bus stops.

• Informative
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739
BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
I'd say move boxes and stuff and get jacked