• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Hihihehehuhu

Hihihehehuhu

Schizo vomit girl
Apr 18, 2023
Boxcutter only cuts to the dermis, if you want to cut hypodermis (yellow fat area) or deeper its better to buy razor blades (or buying a razor and taking the blades off)

N

never mind me

Student
Nov 7, 2022
I always buy razor blades and use them for self harm. They are far more efficient than regular knives. However, I would advice anyone who uses razor blades for the first time for self harm to ensure you don't use too much force, otherwise you might be in for a nasty surprise. I'm speaking from experience.
By the way: Razor blades can also be used for superficial cuts, if you cut gently enough. That's my way of cutting, I'm personally not a fan of huge wounds that cause me trouble in my day to day life.

• Yay!
Reactions: bloberta
Kodokushi

Kodokushi

Falling...into the abyss...
Apr 19, 2023
Ages ago I got a tourist knife (a multi-tool?) for self-defense when stuff was going bad around here and uh...welp, been using it ever since lol. As long as it's hella sharp - it'll work, I guess, trying to sh with a dull knife was the worst experience both in the act itself and healing

Seen a comment about a scalpel - be extremely careful if you want to try it, it's very easy to...overdo, let's call it like that, and it'll force you to the hospital to get stitching

letsalllovelain:3

letsalllovelain:3

Lain Follower from Wired
Apr 14, 2023
I use my paw box cutter from aliexpress. Does a decent enough job. I'm too much of a pussy to cut to bleeding though.

dimstar

dimstar

Poor little woodpecker
Mar 17, 2023
I always use box cutters. Easy to get a big pack and dont go too deep. Recently got an electric knife sharpener. My only real hobby left that I feel valued by is cooking for others so not suspicious. Going to use it on some of my "personal" blades. I will let you know the results but I'm very excited. I never cut deep but get upset when it's just a little blood and a feint line. I want it to open a little and feel that warm red water run not a few drips. Also I only do one area so it going over alot of old scars and is harder to cut as well as feel the same. I won't move areas as it's just for me to see and I dont want to cut over my burns/scarification. Also always have emergency kit on hand but only had to use it once.

Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
A box cutter.

Itz_d3p

Itz_d3p

Life keep going but I'm not
Apr 16, 2023
I'm not who to tell you to not do it because I started doing it again, I've used different things to do it, at first it was scissor, then a cutter, q rake blade (don't know if it's the correct word), once I used a nib from my art class to do it but it was the last I "liked", and now I been using a pencil sharpener. Don't do it šŸ‘

Reactions: Danyyyyy
D

DimStarlight

Apr 17, 2023
i use a surgical blade i bought online, it comes in a few blades, so its non-reusable (reduces chance of infection)

marsthemoosh

marsthemoosh

Apr 29, 2023
I use scalpels I found on amazon, I dont think serrated blades are a good idea, they can lead to infection really easily.

Pollenallergy

Pollenallergy

Sprite
Apr 29, 2023
So the title is the question cuz I've been starting on cutting myself ahain, but idk if i should use a knife without ridges or with them. The only knife I have atm is one with ridges from dollar tree from like, 5 years ago :( and I tried using a normal kitchen knife (w/ no ridges) BUT IT DIDNT DO ANYTHING.

So I was wondering, in terms of SH, what type of knifes do others use?
I personally prefer box cutters or razors, I have gotten infections after use in the past tho. Usually reach hypodermis with some multiswipes. I would recommend you clean both the blades and the wound properly afterwards, use towels instead of tissues to clean it up. Can be bought at a craft store, then of course there are pencil sharpeners. Yet if you're not one to multiswipe, and it's the pain you're after, I would not recommend these. Just one cut won't hurt all that much until it starts healing, yet cutting in an already open wound stings real bad. So thats what I do.

Reactions: Danyyyyy
E

EmmaD

-
Apr 11, 2023
In recent times I've been burning, like with an iron or straighteners. The pain is so intense it cuts through whatever BS is in my mind at the time.

ohyouknow

ohyouknow

Jun 11, 2022
Olfa knives, which are similar to Xacto knives but the blade is long, and you snap off the end to get a new blade.

CentreMid

CentreMid

Sorry
Aug 23, 2018
I bought a pencil sharpener and took out the blade and used that before. I've since lost it unfortunately.

Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
While I don't self-harm as intensely, recent events led me back into the habit. Using dull kitchen knives to give myself welts and small cuts sort of do the job, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss razors/box cutters. The thing is: someone threw away my box cutter when they found out what I was doing and, in my current position, getting another one would be pointless.

SatouR

SatouR

Spiraling into insanity
Mar 29, 2023
Box cutter/razor blades
Started burning about a month ago which feels awesome but takes a while to heal.

shutupanddrive

shutupanddrive

May 3, 2023
pencil sharpener is all i use but it doesnt cut as deep as i would like

KrowaKovsky

KrowaKovsky

i dunno what to put here
Feb 22, 2023
I tend to scratch myself sometimes almost to the point of bleeding, or I use a rough bathtowel and scrape myself with it until the area is a little raw.

I used to slam my head into the wall repeatedly but I live with others who care about me so I can't do that anymore.

Suicidal Loser

Suicidal Loser

Apr 29, 2023
It's a regular kitchen knife that is sharp enough and is covered with my blood. I sleep with it next to my bed and sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night to cut myself with it.

T

tropicalrain

Apr 9, 2023
Safety razor (intentionally knicking myself) or my nails.

axxxu

axxxu

Apr 8, 2023
I don't self harm physically anymore, but when I did I was very particular about it. I couldn't get any of the sharpener blades out and they were very dull anyways. I tried using a shaving razor but it was those disposable ones with very thin blades stung like a mf, and didn't leave very good scars. I was young at the time and my parents wouldn't let me have razor blades, so I used a nail cutter and cut where I couldn't see any veins. What I did was press the nail clipper between a piece of skin and snipped it off. Left good long lasting scars, and didn't sting as much.
Sorry if this was too graphic but these are all the things I used.

smiggles

smiggles

silly girl online
Jul 30, 2022
So the title is the question cuz I've been starting on cutting myself ahain, but idk if i should use a knife without ridges or with them. The only knife I have atm is one with ridges from dollar tree from like, 5 years ago :( and I tried using a normal kitchen knife (w/ no ridges) BUT IT DIDNT DO ANYTHING.

So I was wondering, in terms of SH, what type of knifes do others use?
don't use knives, just destroy pencil sharpeners/razors or order double edged blades. sm more better, n u get deeper cuts

No_Lxve

No_Lxve

it's always better to cease to exist
Apr 14, 2023
I personally use a hatchet or my good old Buck 119.

E

enditall222

May 20, 2023
I use my keys. It's kind of hard to really cut my skin. I only get slight marks unless if I really do it hard