• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

trashhologram

trashhologram

⚰ Baby, let me decompose ⚰
Dec 15, 2023
Self care is important and absolutely not selfish. Self care can be anything that makes you feel good and isn't harmful to you. It can be something small like enjoying a nice cup of coffee, having a good meal, spending time doing your hobbies etc but it can also be something bigger like going for a long walk or attending an event/workshop.

So, what kind of self care did you practice today?

It's only 7:20am here in Finland so I haven't done much yet. I will enjoy a nice cup of coffee and perhaps eat something good soon. Later today I will take a nap (I didn't sleep at all last night 😬), do yoga and continue scrapbooking.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I'm dealing with a painful physical disability that requires physical therapy. Doing the exercises is a chore. The only thing that motivates me is the fact that these exercises can 100% fix the condition whereas a lot (maybe most) physical therapy simply helps with pain and range of motion/strength.

I pushed myself to do the exercises today even though I wasn't feeling it and made a lot of progress.

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

Life is a mirror, but "whose" mirror?
Mar 23, 2023
Noniin. On monii eri keinoja huolehtii hyvinvoinnistaan, pohtinut itsekkin niitä.

Reactions: trashhologram
bramblebamblebambe

bramblebamblebambe

Jan 3, 2023
I know it's not the same day, but I took myself out for a walk, got a food shop and stopped to talk to dog walking people, I've gone kinda non verbal so it came out like word vomit not making much sense but I think people were understanding even though I was embarrassed it wasn't as daunting as I thought and was able to see the silly side of being a lovable dingus. ✨

trashhologram

trashhologram

Dec 15, 2023
I've had a few rough days (relapsing back to my eating disorder) but yesterday I took a long walk (to buy drugs lol), did yoga, took a shower and put on a face mask while enjoying a cup of herbal tea I just bought while watching Buck Angel's weekly livestream. It was lovely.

Today I went to a coffee meeting hosted by a local eating disorder organisation and painted a bit while I was there. I'll finish my painting next time 🙂 I'm planning on doing some scrapbooking tonight and have a cup of tea, possibly in a candle lit room. And I'll try to eat an actual meal. I bought these vegan pies (like mince pies but obviosly no minced meat) I love and a vegan hotdog. I hope I can have either the hotdog or two pies (they're small) with condiments. This relapse is bad. I had to sneak a benzo in my mouth at that coffee meeting since I was about to cry over eating 6 chocolates, a very thin gingerbread and a biscuit. I have sourcream & onion flavoured rice cakes and vegan yogurt if I can't handle an actual meal tonight.

trashhologram

trashhologram

Dec 15, 2023
I really love to clean and I clean all the time, I like doing skincare too (idc if it's weird I like it) and body skin care because it smells nice and makes me feel and look prettier
Why would enjoying skincare be weird? No matter your gender skincare is good for you and if it makes you feel better that's amazing! Skincare rules! I love the feeling of clean, soft skin ❤

My self care of today: I drank my morning coffee in peace while being on my phone and cuddling with one of my cats. Then I did my makeup and hair, even took a few selfies and a short video because I looked amazing! Then I went to this group ran by a national eating disorder organisation where you can drink free coffee, have snacks and chat with people who have/have had or have a loved one with an eating disorder. I love these meetings, they're not therapy but they're therapeutic to me (and many others).

After that I did a bit of shopping; I bought myself new, pretty press on nails and a grapefruit lip mask. Then I hung out with two of my best friends. ❤ It's now 10pm so I'm going to try to relax the rest of the evening.

Last edited:
trashhologram

trashhologram

Dec 15, 2023
Yesterday I went for a walk even though I didn't want to but I wanted benzos so I had to take a small walk. I listened to my favourite artists new EP and had a chat with my plug. I would call us friends at this point even though I could be his daughter 😄 He's a good person.

When I got back home I put on eye masks (silicone masks you put under your eyes, they reduce dark circles and make the skin more hydrated and healthier) and tested out this peel off face mask my mom gave me for Christmas gift. It has cucumber oil or something like that in it and it was supposed to be hydrating and something else. It was very, very sticky and very hard to peel off. So I'm not gonna buy that myself but I'm going to use those last two pouches of it.

Today I will do some yoga and probably scrapbooking. I haven't touched my scrapbook in weeks!

trashhologram

trashhologram

Dec 15, 2023
When I'm in crisis (like rn), I usually create a kind and caring persona with whom I have a written discussion with. It soothes me a bit
That sounds interesting. Do you use an AI tool or create the persona in your head? When I was was a kid I did that too. I had several imaginary friends and that helped me feel accepted when I was bullied at school. I used to spend hours imagining a "better version" of myself interacting with these imaginary personas.

Reactions: MerryGoDown
Kall

Kall

Jul 7, 2023
That sounds interesting. Do you use an AI tool or create the persona in your head? When I was was a kid I did that too. I had several imaginary friends and that helped me feel accepted when I was bullied at school. I used to spend hours imagining a "better version" of myself interacting with these imaginary personas.
All in my head, it gives an instant relief but unfortunately doesn't work in the long term

M

MerryGoDown

Jul 1, 2023
All in my head, it gives an instant relief but unfortunately doesn't work in the long term
I didn't realize that others might do something similar to what I do. I've spent a lot of time caring for others that that side of me comes out naturally, almost like a different persona. She just started directing her attention towards me though, it's nice to hear the things I always tell others for once.

cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
cooked lunch. was going to make a poached egg but the yolk split when i cracked it which normally wouldve sent me into a spiral bc of it not going how i planned but i cracked it into a cup first instead of straight in the water so i just made an omelette instead. it wasnt that good tbh but its better than junk food i guess.
also had some energy to wash the dishes but started to feel dizzy when i was mostly done so theres still some left.

• Love
Reactions: trashhologram