• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
I would like to compress my carotid arteries so I won't slowly suffocate. I'll be tying a simple noose and am not sure if I should place the noose at the front or back of my neck. I'm also wondering what rope is best to use so that not only can I compress my arteries, but also so I can support my weight even when my body thrashes around. Thanks in advance

Reactions: martin8383784 and lv-gras
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
breaking strength or tensile strength is the the most important parameter. Polipropylen/polyamid ropes are generally better than natural ones (like manila or cotton). Knots reduce the tensile strength, but if you get a rope that can hold 800-1000 kg it hardly matters.
From what I've read a thinner rope is more effective (it will make you pass out faster) but causes more pain as it digs into the skin. A wider rope is more comfortable. 1 cm +- 3mm should be fine, I think. Also make sure it doesn't stretch.

As for the knot positioning, most guides tell you to put the knot at the back of your neck the way that when it tightens it slides to the left. It's supposed to be the most effective way. Geo Stone in Suicide and Attempted Suicide argues that you should put the knot at the front of your neck to avoid crushing the windpipe (which causes a lot of pain and suffocation).
Either way should work, after all you're putting your entire body weight on the rope.

Again I'm no expert, just repeating what I've read during my research. Too bad the people who actually died from this can't give us any tips.

Reactions: Comatose11 and shadow11
S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
I found some climbing rope and some sailing rope on Amazon that meets the tensile strength and comes in different sizes. I also read that using some padding around your neck makes it a little less uncomfortable

Reactions: Comatose11
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
I found some climbing rope and some sailing rope on Amazon that meets the tensile strength and comes in different sizes. I also read that using some padding around your neck makes it a little less uncomfortable

Could you please give me the link?

Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
breaking strength or tensile strength is the the most important parameter. Polipropylen/polyamid ropes are generally better than natural ones (like manila or cotton). Knots reduce the tensile strength, but if you get a rope that can hold 800-1000 kg it hardly matters.
From what I've read a thinner rope is more effective (it will make you pass out faster) but causes more pain as it digs into the skin. A wider rope is more comfortable. 1 cm +- 3mm should be fine, I think. Also make sure it doesn't stretch.

As for the knot positioning, most guides tell you to put the knot at the back of your neck the way that when it tightens it slides to the left. It's supposed to be the most effective way. Geo Stone in Suicide and Attempted Suicide argues that you should put the knot at the front of your neck to avoid crushing the windpipe (which causes a lot of pain and suffocation).
Either way should work, after all you're putting your entire body weight on the rope.

Again I'm no expert, just repeating what I've read during my research. Too bad the people who actually died from this can't give us any tips.
I think only like 5% of hangings knot is placed in front