omegas82128

omegas82128

Tar is thicker than blood and water
Jan 10, 2024
I have always loved art and mostly visual media.

As I've grown, I've figured out that I have an immense fascination with tragedies. Mostly ones with self sacrifice or suicide involved.

And for some reason, they give me hope. They've helped me survive for as long as I have.

Watching An Elephant Sitting Still, I felt this an unbridled hope. The film is as hopeful as it is long. But it's hard not to see it as Hu Bo's suicide note.

And that made me think about how I've often derived hope from the hopeless. It's like every declaration of hopelessness, sparks a meager hope. How loathsomely isolating is the human resilience.

There's also other examples, whether it's Peppermint Candy, It's Such a Beautiful Day, Yi Yi, Oyasumi Punpun, Attack on Titan, Goodbye Eri, Chainsaw Man, Look Back, Notes from Underground, The Trial or Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World. I always have a very hopeless interpretation of them, yet that interpretation gave me hope and strength to continue.

I can't imagine how much worse life would be without all of these stories. These insights into other people's experiences with life and how they contextualize life

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Namarupa

Namarupa

Student
Jan 24, 2024
I've consumed a lot of media in my teenage years. Lots of poetry, literature, movies, anime etc. Nowadays, I tend to find most forms of entertainment to be either really predictable or simply boring. It might just be the brainrot, lol. I mostly listen to music nowadays since it's the most abstract artform and it allows me to focus on the pure, simple beauty of each note. Mozart and Bach are my preferred composers.

Since you enjoy anime and manga, you should give Naoki Yamamoto's Arigatou a try. It's hilarious, fucked up, and heartwarming in equal measures. Though watching Ozu's 父ありき (1942) first is ideal in order to understand it thoroughly.

• Love
Reactions: omegas82128
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Rejection (girls rejecting guys) , and as cliche as it is, Revenge.

There was a moment in time when I like..wanted? to watch mushy romantic anime, like the quiet average guy being wanted by the girl type thing. That was an interesting experience for me because at the back of my mind I knew that this doesnt happen, but i found it funny that it was still able to trigger certain feelings like Nostalgia when i was faced with the same scenario when I was younger, etc etc etc.
For the rejection and revenge part I'm currently trying to see how I can harness the two emotions, or feed them..

• Love
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
In general I'll like almost anything I can directly relate to though I'm finding that harder and harder to do these days. I'm loyal to certain game franchises like Pokémon, Sonic, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Smash Bros, and Ace Attorney but beyond those I'm not that into many other games. All the music I consume comes from those games too with me rarely venturing beyond that.

For movies I mostly like animated ones or science fiction. Tv shows mainly cartoons, sitcoms, and cartoon sitcoms though occasionally I also like documentaries as well.

It's fucked up but one unique trope that I rarely get to see but always enjoy is when women get cucked by other women. I know this is a dark thing to love but something about them feeling suffering just because the one they want is with someone else tends to make me feel vindicated for the time something like that happened to me. And that's why Star Vs. The Forces of Evil was one of my favorite shows ever.

• Love