• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ph4zzzy

ph4zzzy

Apr 3, 2023
I take everything back that I said about my boyfriend in my last post. He's a cheating **** and I'm not gonna stick around to deal with this bullshit.

Recently, I saw a thread of a method somebody had (Literalgarbage), and they had the idea to take shit tons of sleeping pills, and put some kind of bag over their head. On the bottom of the bag (where it's wrapped around your neck), you have a kind of elastic. The whole idea is that you can hold the bag open by the bottom just enough to breath, and when you fall asleep and lose the strength to hold it open, the bag closes and you suffocate in your sleep.

Can somebody tell me what I should use though? I have melatonin, but idk what kind of bag and tie I should use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lxions
P

PoisonousPotato

Student
Feb 1, 2023
hello, i tried with a 130 L bag and a lot of xanax + alcool. it didn't work for me.

be aware that the hypercapnic reflex is difficultly avoidable and devastating.

you'll need a very large trashbag. i recommend you to test how long you can stay into it.
you have to ensure that there is as much volume as possible.

i personally couldn't stay in the bag more than 10 min. again, do not underestimate the hypercapnic reflex.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I take everything back that I said about my boyfriend in my last post. He's a cheating **** and I'm not gonna stick around to deal with this bullshit.

Recently, I saw a thread of a method somebody had (Literalgarbage), and they had the idea to take shit tons of sleeping pills, and put some kind of bag over their head. On the bottom of the bag (where it's wrapped around your neck), you have a kind of elastic. The whole idea is that you can hold the bag open by the bottom just enough to breath, and when you fall asleep and lose the strength to hold it open, the bag closes and you suffocate in your sleep.

Can somebody tell me what I should use though? I have melatonin, but idk what kind of bag and tie I should use.
Won't work, you wont get to sleep in the first place--Nitrogen you will fall asleep

Rumi

Rumi

Experienced
Mar 29, 2023
hello, i tried with a 130 L bag and a lot of xanax + alcool. it didn't work for me.

be aware that the hypercapnic reflex is difficultly avoidable and devastating.

you'll need a very large trashbag. i recommend you to test how long you can stay into it.
you have to ensure that there is as much volume as possible.

i personally couldn't stay in the bag more than 10 min. again, do not underestimate the hypercapnic reflex.
So you took off the bag before you fell asleep?

If that is what happened, it means you put on the bag too soon after taking the drugs.

There is really no reason for this method to fail if you have benzos.

I plan on using a 240 liter bin liner for a wheelie bin when I attempt this method - something like this is what you're looking for:

Even with a bag this large, you will run out of air in less than 30 minutes if you do not hold the bag open, so make sure to do that!

Also, if you take melatonin regularly, you may wan't to consider trying a different sleeping pill - one that you have not built up a tolerance to.

Finally, you should use Benzos or Ambien if you can get your hands on them - they are far more likely to overrride the hypercapnic alarm response than melatonin or other more accessible sleeping pills.

Other than that, you seem to have this method down - look in my post history if you need more info, I wrote an entire post about this method.

Last edited:
P

PoisonousPotato

Student
Feb 1, 2023
So you took off the bag before you fell asleep?

If that is what happened, it means you put on the bag too soon after taking the drugs.

There is really no reason for this method to fail if you have benzos.

I plan on using a 240 liter bin liner for a wheelie bin when I attempt this method - something like this is what you're looking for:

View attachment 107711
Even with a bag this large, you will run out of air in less than 30 minutes if you do not hold the bag open, so make sure to do that!

Also, if you take melatonin regularly, you may wan't to consider trying a different sleeping pill - one that you have not built up a tolerance to.

Finally, you should use Benzos or Ambien if you can get your hands on them - they are far more likely to overrride the hypercapnic alarm response than melatonin or other more accessible sleeping pills.

Other than that, you seem to have this method down - look in my post history if you need more info, I wrote an entire post about this method.
this method is more difficult than you seem to think. i have no memory of removing the bag. that's something that happened while i was falling uncounscious.

also, i think you underestimate the amount of luck needed to time correctly when to put the bag.

i tried it. i did everything i could. it failed, and i'm clearly not the only one judging by my research.

it has a better sucess rate than od alone, but success is still an exception.

Rumi

Rumi

Experienced
Mar 29, 2023
this method is more difficult than you seem to think. i have no memory of removing the bag. that's something that happened while i was falling uncounscious.

also, i think you underestimate the amount of luck needed to time correctly when to put the bag.

i tried it. i did everything i could. it failed, and i'm clearly not the only one judging by my research.

it has a better sucess rate than od alone, but success is still an exception.
Either the bag you used was too small, or you put on the bag too soon.

You want to ensure that there is still 20-30 minutes of air left in the bag when you fall unconsciousness - even a strong sedative like xanax will take time to put you into a deep sleep. If the concetration of CO2 in the air reaches critical levels shortly after you fall unconsciousness, the drug will not have had enough time to supress the hypercapnic response.

There is data from the Ontario Coroner's office that suggests that over a hundred people managed to CTB this way over a four year period in the 1990s. In most of the cases in question, the deceased used OTC anti-histamines and anti-depressants, and managed to CTB anyway.

This method is basically guaranteed to succeed if you have Benzos and do what I said in this post.

P

PoisonousPotato

Student
Feb 1, 2023
Either the bag you used was too small, or you put on the bag too soon.

You want to ensure that there is still 20-30 minutes of air left in the bag when you fall unconsciousness - even a strong sedative like xanax will take time to put you into a deep sleep. If the concetration of CO2 in the air reaches critical levels shortly after you fall unconsciousness, the drug will not have had enough time to supress the hypercapnic response.

There is data from the Ontario Coroner's office that suggests that over a hundred people managed to CTB this way over a four year period in the 1990s. In most of the cases in question, the deceased used OTC anti-histamines and anti-depressants, and managed to CTB anyway.

This method is basically guaranteed to succeed if you have Benzos and do what I said in this post.
"this method is guaranteed to succeed" did you tried it?
saying that it can work is absolutely true. saying that it is guaranteed is not.
if it was true, nobody with a benzo prrscription would bother to use sn.

Last edited:
Rumi

Rumi

Experienced
Mar 29, 2023
"this method is guaranteed to succeed" did you tried it?
saying that it can work is absolutely true. saying that it is guaranteed is not.
I plan on trying it. I can't get Benzos though, so the chance of failure will be higher for me.

I don't think we need to have tried every method to know if its effective - we can just look at the success others have had. Over 400 people killed themselves using this method in the U.S. in a single year in the 90s. It was the second most common method of asphyxiation after hanging.

It clearly can work, you just have to practice putting on the bag quickly, so you can do it before you pass out.

P

PoisonousPotato

Student
Feb 1, 2023
I plan on trying it. I can't get Benzos though, so the chance of failure will be higher for me.

I don't think we need to have tried every method to know if its effective - we can just look at the success others have had. Over 400 people killed themselves using this method in the U.S. in a single year in the 90s. It was the second most common method of asphyxiation after hanging.

It clearly can work, you just have to practice putting on the bag quickly, so you can do it before you pass out.
yes, it can work. but by saying that it must work you're basically sending overconfident people - including potentially yourself - directly in a psych ward.

you keep saying that many people die with this method. it's true. however, by itself, it is no sufficient to tell how efficient this method is, because it doesn't tell you how many people fail.

it is a cheap method, easily accessible (benzos are very common), and so many people use it. and many people die. but some people fail.

i agree with you that this method is sometimes effective, and far better than od alone. however, it is not fool proof, and people tend to have an unrealistic confidence in their method, especially when they never tried it. and saying If You Failed You Did Something Wrong™️ does not help.

please, understand that i only say this so that people account for the possibility that it doesn't work, as for each method. we are all desperate, and each mistake we make can send us to a psych ward.

Reactions: Rumi
Rumi

Rumi

Experienced
Mar 29, 2023
yes, it can work. but by saying that it must work you're basically sending overconfident people - including potentially yourself - directly in a psych ward.

you keep saying that many people die with this method. it's true. however, by itself, it is no sufficient to tell how efficient this method is, because it doesn't tell you how many people fail.

it is a cheap method, easily accessible (benzos are very common), and so many people use it. and many people die. but some people fail.

i agree with you that this method is sometimes effective, and far better than od alone. however, it is not fool proof, and people tend to have an unrealistic confidence in their method, especially when they never tried it. and saying If You Failed You Did Something Wrong™️ does not help.

please, understand that i only say this so that people account for the possibility that it doesn't work, as for each method. we are all desperate, and each mistake we make can send us to a psych ward.
Sorry for blaming you for failing this method. I get attached to whatever method I am set on using, and feel like I need to defend it so I can justify my choice. I hope you get what I mean.

I am sure plenty of people fail this method. It's difficult to estimate just how many though, as this method is unlikely to leave a person with serious injuries that would land them in hospital. Most people who fail this method will continue living as they were before their attempt, unless of course they are discovered and sent to the psych ward.

I disagree with one part of your post, however. I think the main advantage of this method is its lack of serious consequences if the attemptor fails. This is one of the easiest methods to hide from society; none of the materials used are illegal; you are unlikely to break something like you might with hanging; none of its after effects are visible on the body in the way that cyanosis would be visible for a SN attempt. To me the main advantage of this method is the low risk of serious consequences and institutionalisation if you fail.

P

PoisonousPotato

Student
Feb 1, 2023
Sorry for blaming you for failing this method. I get attached to whatever method I am set on using, and feel like I need to defend it so I can justify my choice. I hope you get what I mean.

I am sure plenty of people fail this method. It's difficult to estimate just how many though, as this method is unlikely to leave a person with serious injuries that would land them in hospital. Most people who fail this method will continue living as they were before their attempt, unless of course they are discovered and sent to the psych ward.

I disagree with one part of your post, however. I think the main advantage of this method is its lack of serious consequences if the attemptor fails. This is one of the easiest methods to hide from society; none of the materials used are illegal; you are unlikely to break something like you might with hanging; none of its after effects are visible on the body in the way that cyanosis would be visible for a SN attempt. To me the main advantage of this method is the low risk of serious consequences and institutionalisation if you fail.
i think we agree on everything here, but i need to say that the benzo od for this method is not a trivial thing. don't get me wrong, the long term consequences are very limited but it will cause a 1-2 day coma and a 3-5 day delirium in case of failure. if you live alone, you may have a chance to remain unnoticed, even if the delirium can be awful (also, if you talk to anyone after a benzo od, they WILL notice the delirium, from my personal experience). but some people live with their partner, or at their parent's home, so hiding the attempt is not an option.

but yeah, it is a big upgrade from od alone, and if i had to try a benzo od again (which i won't, benzo delirium is awful and i went through it too many times), i would use this method.

also, don't worry about defending the method you will use, that's a thing i can understand

(but please, never forget murphy's law. even if your method is kissing a train)

Rumi

Rumi

Experienced
Mar 29, 2023
i think we agree on everything here, but i need to say that the benzo od for this method is not a trivial thing. don't get me wrong, the long term consequences are very limited but it will cause a 1-2 day coma and a 3-5 day delirium in case of failure. if you live alone, you may have a chance to remain unnoticed, even if the delirium can be awful (also, if you talk to anyone after a benzo od, they WILL notice the delirium, from my personal experience). but some people live with their partner, or at their parent's home, so hiding the attempt is not an option.

but yeah, it is a big upgrade from od alone, and if i had to try a benzo od again (which i won't, benzo delirium is awful and i went through it too many times), i would use this method.

also, don't worry about defending the method you will use, that's a thing i can understand

(but please, never forget murphy's law. even if your method is kissing a train)
I have never taken benzos before, so I hadn't considered this. It definetely makes this method less reliable.

Thanks for your points, it's useful to think of all of things that can go wrong once you're set on a method :happy:

Reactions: PoisonousPotato
P

PoisonousPotato

Student
Feb 1, 2023
I have never taken benzos before, so I hadn't considered this. It definetely makes this method less reliable.

Thanks for your points, it's useful to think of all of things that can go wrong once you're set on a method :happy:
i hope you will succeed and never have to know the consequences of a failed benzo od but for those who want to use it : it has no long term consequences afak but expect smth brutal like scary irrational thoughts, disorganized thoughts and speech (it will be obvious to other people that smth is wrong) and a lot of other psychotic symptoms (delusion, hallucinations, etc. of course, you will feel like shit when awakening from your coma.

ig you can theoretically avoid the ward if you've prepared for it before the attempt but again, it's brutal

benzo od alone is useless, hence the plastic bag.